LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » 1.5 Yrs. off Abx and YEAST is still my main enemy !

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: 1.5 Yrs. off Abx and YEAST is still my main enemy !
ping
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 6974

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ping     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello,

After all the anti-yeast protocols that I'm careful to do, my GI sx's got so bad that I decided to take a chance yesterday and swallow the dependable ol' Fluconazole tab. Within 45 minutes, my sx's were completely resolved AND my BP had dropped 20 full points! (Yes, I was sure to take some good acidophilus a couple of hours after the Fluconazole.)

I've done all the low carb, no carb, gluten free, take acidophilus, etc., etc. and still, after all this time, yeast is causing me the majority of my pain! Guess I shouldn't really be surprised, after all the years of oral abx / anti-parasitics, my GI tract is likely shot to hell for a good long time, if not for life.

I can't tell you how much better I feel today; all the bloating, GI sx's, back, shoulder and neck pain are gone! Not to mention the lowered BP! (Still not in the normal range yet, but lots better.) Looks like it's Flucon and acidophilus for me for the forseeable future. Thankfully, my liver is in very good shape and I support it with lots of good food and drink.

Will continue the A.I. until clear and hope that it helps restore my GI tract, but if not, then will possibly have to cope with yeast for the rest of my life. At least I know what the major contributor is now. Sounds so simple, but how quickly and easily I forgot.

Can't emphasize the yeast problem enough to those of you still on abx tx and to those of us who aren't anymore.

Wishing the best of health to all of us!

ping
"We are more than containers for Lyme"

--------------------
ping

Posts: 1302 | From Back in TX again | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Marnie
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 773

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Marnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Coconut oil...Capsules from Source Naturals makes them easier to take.

"Google": yeast coconut oil (for proof).

Plus...

Loading doses of a GOOD probiotic(billions)...like 5 capsules one hour before a meal with a full glass of water two times per day for one week. Good ones are refrigerated.

Then maintenance. Vary the "kinds" (different sources).

The good guys help keep yeast in check.

Posts: 9424 | From Sunshine State | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ping
Member # 6974

Icon 14 posted      Profile for ping     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks Marnie. I'll check it out.

ping

--------------------
ping

Posts: 1302 | From Back in TX again | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dguy
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8979

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dguy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeast is no fun. It's another reason I'm a fan of low dose abx rather than high dose.
Posts: 727 | From USA | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ping
Member # 6974

Icon 5 posted      Profile for ping     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Marnie - If I order the Ccnut oil, I'll have to have it sent to my home in Texas. Only problem is that it's about 100 degrees here right now and I'm afraid the product will spoil or lose potency (I call it "softgel melt".)

What do you think?

ping

--------------------
ping

ping
Member # 6974

Icon 14 posted      Profile for ping     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Folks,

In response to a number of PM's, I appreciate all your replies. Think I'll stick with the probiotics I have, as they provide billions and just as important - I'm not allergic to them!

Off to Alaska this afternoon. Best to everyone!

ping
"We are more than containers for Lyme

--------------------
ping

linky123
Member # 19974

Icon 1 posted      Profile for linky123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Our llmd says to alternate the natural remedies like grapefruit seed extract, caprylic (sp) acid, oil of oregano (hard of stomach for some of us) and coconut oil, every five days.

We also take diflucan and nystatin. We hit it from all sides I guess you could say.

We also eat yogurt every day, the non-sugary kind, and take theralac pro-biotic at bedtime.

I try my best to keep my family off the sweets, but with teenagers its hard to control what goes into their mouths.

Yeast is a tough one to get rid of..good luck everyone.

Linky

Posts: 2607 | From Hooterville | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ninjaphire
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 18234

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ninjaphire     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Coconut oil is *very* stable.

A little melting shouldn't affect it at all.

Posts: 330 | From Colorado, USA | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
klutzo
Member # 5701

Icon 1 posted      Profile for klutzo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi guys,
I have a serious yeast problem despite having had zero ABX for my Lyme. It is part of the alteration of the immune system that Lyme causes, shifting immunity away from the innate side that controls yeasts (among other things).

In my case, this is combined with being forced to take huge amts. of steroids for serious allergic reactions every time I get stung by insects, which is often, no matter how I try to avoid them.

FYI: Caprylic acid is made from coconut oil and is easier to take. Caprol or Capryl are both good brands.

I also think Candex is excellent. It is made up of enzymes that eat yeasts. NSI makes a stronger and cheaper knock-off of it that you can get at www.vitacost.com called Candida Yeast Management.

I have found that liquid Diflucan works far better than the tablets for me...maybe an absorption issue? Might be worth trying for those with gut issues.

Once you are off anti-funguals, there is a special type of yeast (yes, yeast, believe it or not!) which can keep it at bay. The Ducks even recommend it,since it has lots of studies and long usage in Europe to back it up. It is called Floraster and is made from a yeast called saccharomyces boulardi. It ain't cheap but it works by crowding out the bad guys.

Off topic: another member of the saccharomyces family, saccharomyces cerevisae, makes up the product called Epicor, which is proven to raise natural killer cells by 400%. I've been taking this instead of Samento for a year now. I like it because there is no die-off herxing, and the Samento herxing was killing me.

My last whopping dose of cortisone for a a fire ant reaction almost killed me, but I also learned from the intensive yeast tx that resulted from it. Many of the sx I'd been blaming on Lyme for years were caused by yeast all along!

My head is clearer, I am calmer, my chapped, constantly burning skin is gone, I can sleep for several hours without having to get up to pee, etc. I never realized yeast might be causing these things.

Good luck to all. This is so tough to control.

klutzo

Posts: 1269 | From Clearwater, Florida, USA | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pryorka
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 13649

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pryorka     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was going to mention that I drink a little bit of kefir with every meal and I've never had a yeast problem. I'm on massive doses of antibiotics too. The food gives the kefir something to eat and it goes through and as long as the kefir is there fungus doesn't stand much of a shot.

Depending on how shot your digestive tract is you might want to try taking intestimax to help it heal. Then there's also IGG from Xymogen which would help the immune function of your gut.

If anyone wants to make their own kefir I could try and mail some extra grains. That's how I got mine but I have yet to mail any out.

Posts: 499 | From Indiana | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
glm1111
Member # 16556

Icon 1 posted      Profile for glm1111     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ping,

As usual I will remind you about the parasite/worm connection to Lyme. They feed on the candida and lower your immunity.

It's just a vicious cycle. Coconut oil is a great suggestion, but not enough to get rid of these pathogens.

Have you used any antiparasitics? I would urge you to look into this connection. Some really good info on www.curezone.com

Gael

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW
RECOGNIZED AS THE NUMBER 1 CO-INFECTION IN LYME DISEASE BY ILADS*

Posts: 6418 | From philadelphia pa | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Marnie
Member # 773

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Marnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
CO ALSO HELPS AD...

DOC OF AD PATIENT DISCOVERED THIS...IN NEWS RECENTLY.

SOURCE NATURALS CO AVAIL. IN GELATIN CAPSULES.

I TOOK 5 CAPSULES 2X/DAY FOR JUST A COUPLE OF DAYS FOR YEAST FLARE-UP AS A RESULT OF PRILOSEC.

I SHOULD HAVE STUCK WITH ZANTAC FOLLOWED 1/2 HR. LATER WITH 2 P. BISMOL....LEARNED THE HARD WAY.

SORRY FOR ALL CAPS...TYPING ONLY LEFT HANDED TODAY...

Posts: 9424 | From Sunshine State | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ping
Member # 6974

Thanks again to you all for great suggestions, but feeling real good right now and think I'll stick with what's working for me.

I'm off to The North Country. TTYL.

ping [hi]

--------------------
ping

gemofnj
Member # 15551

Icon 1 posted      Profile for gemofnj     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i have been wanting to try keifer, but according to this product info, its loaded with fat and SUGAR. YIKES.

http://www.lifeway.net/Products/OrganicKefir/HeliosKefir/HeliosNutritionOrganicVanilla.aspx

i was just wondering how this product is effective since it has so much sugar.

linky, your doc has all the right angles!

Posts: 1127 | From atlantic city, nj | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Abxnomore
Member # 18936

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Abxnomore     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Look for one that doesn't have all that junk in it. They do exist.

It's fermented milk. That's all it should contain.

Here's one from the same company. You always want unflavored and that applies to yogurt, too, if you want a healthy product.

http://www.lifeway.net/Products/OrganicKefir/HeliosKefir/HeliosNutritionOrganicPlain.aspx

You can also make your own. It's not difficult.

Posts: 5191 | From Lyme Zone | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pamoisondelune
Member # 11846

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pamoisondelune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I take nattokinase, which dissolves fibrin.

Here's a quote indicating the nattokinase could have a double value, also hitting candida:

Candida has molecules on the surface that mediate its adherence to human tissues which are the main ways it negatively affects health [30]. ``Pathologists studying disseminated candidiasis find tiny abscesses throughout the body. These consist of Candida albicans surrounded by fibrin (a protein able to clot) and a connective tissue shell. This shell isolates Candida from elimination by the immune system'' [7].

[7] Lahoz SC. Conquering Yeast Infections. S. Cotel Lahoz, St. Paul (MN), 1996

By R. Thiel, Ph.D., Naturopath
://www.healthresearch.com/yeast.htm

Thiel, R. Systemic mycoses: An overview for natural health professionals. The Original Internist, 14:2, June 2007:57-66. ABSTRACT

UNQUOTE

---Polly Polygonum

Posts: 1226 | From USA | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brussels
Member # 13480

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brussels     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think what solved my 2 decade old problem of candida and fungi was:

1- heavy metal detox (clean GI tract)

2- Sanum (isopathics to kill, and they do kill L-forms too)

3- allergy dissentization to whatever involves in candida (candida toxins, heavy metals)

4- infra red therapy (kills candida and cleans, to my understanding).

I always hated abx, before lyme, probably because of my candida/ fungal problem.

Agree with others: candida live with parasites. But it lives with borrelia, with MANY other bacteries and with heavy metal deposits too.

And it is always in our GI tract (even if healthy) and can be reactivated anytime. Eat sugar and white processed flours, you are eating what the bad candida loves. So even in a healthy GI tract, you can have candida again if you eat badly.

This is just my opinion.

I battled candida MUCH longer than lyme. It is AS TOUGH as lyme to get rid of.

Posts: 6199 | From Brussels | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement