LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Can't keep up with Detox, Head and Brain Tremor and Terrible Head Pains, What to do?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Can't keep up with Detox, Head and Brain Tremor and Terrible Head Pains, What to do?
lymetwister
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 19590

Icon 5 posted      Profile for lymetwister     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is really getting ridiculous over here guys. I see my LLMD tomorrow, but I don't know what to do.

Yesterday, I did a huge coffee enema and had great success. IV Glutathione helped as well, but I'm right back where I was yesterday, today.

I had a bunch of those red legged things come out of me again last night and now I have the CDC containers, so I will be sending them off today.

During the day, I am having such terrible head tremors and head pain. When I lay down, I feel my brain quivering inside my head. It's so bad I think I slept 2 hours last night. Besides the quivering, I have a very unsettling feeling in my head that I have trouble describing, but I guess it's like movement of some sort and it's all over inside my head.

Tried another coffee enema last night, but couldn't hold it for some reason.

I'm not on any treatment as I have reported except the IVIG, but I really think the IVIG is causing this and I know I just have to ride it out.

Never in my wildest dreams did I ever think I could be tortured so much from this disease. It's one thing to be fatigued and weak, but the discomfort I'm having is so unbearable at times.

My neck gets so stiff that I tremor down my arms and in my head while awake. Now I'm finding I can't get a break when trying to sleep which use to be my Serenity. I may have gotten 2 hours of sleep last night.

As I sit and type this, I have an ice pack on my head and moist heat on my neck to loosen up the neck muscles.

What more can I do to detox besides epsom salt baths, Glutathione, coffee enemas, and lemon water ?

The killing seems to be quicker than I can detox. The stress this is putting on my body is immense.

Hard not to despair with all of this. Appreciate any feedback.

LT

Posts: 1227 | From District of Columbia | Registered: Mar 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ocean
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 3496

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ocean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey LT,

Sorry you are still having such a hard time.

I wanted to suggest Oil Pulling for detox. I just started it again a few days ago and this morning I woke up without that icky awful feeling in the morning like I was going to die.

It was nice..OK awesome actually. I'd done oil pulling before, but forgot about it. It's easy and cheap...but you need cold pressed oil...I think sesame, coconut or almond oils are best.

Another thing I've started is Barley grass powder. Took it years ago and it helped get me out of bed and able to attend college for the first time...I'd managed to become fearful of trying anything for fear it would make my heart crazy since I had a couple of bad experiences...one with homeopathy, one from a supplement.

I think the Barley grass is helping too... in the least it will replace nutrients that your body is lacking from the Lyme.

Just my 2 cents...but I think these 2 things can be very helpful!

Ocean

--------------------
http://www.healingfromlymedisease.blogspot.com/

Sick since 1996...Diagnosed 10/2008

IgM:23-25 IND, 31+++, 39 IND, 41 +++
IgG: 31 IND, 41++, 58+

Posts: 1623 | From Ohio | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
painted turtle
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7801

Icon 1 posted      Profile for painted turtle   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sounds like seizure activity. I often used to have the instability in my brain like you describe, or similar. All I could do was move through the treatment and it was slow as molassas, I'm talking two to three years before significant improvements in certain areas. The antibiotics helped and I tried lamictal awhile for the seizure activity. If I were you, I would skip the coffee enemas.

--------------------
www.lymefire.blogspot.com

Posts: 855 | From United States of Mind | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seibertneurolyme
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 6416

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seibertneurolyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am going to answer your last 2 or 3 posts here since this is your most recent post.

I personally think you are incorrect in assuming that this is all due to the IV IgG. I haven't read all your history, but I want to share part of hubby's story to explain my viewpoint.

Hubby has been sick for 8 1/2 years. The first 1 1/2 years we did not have a diagnosis. When he finally did get diagnosed with Lyme clinically (Babesia and Bartonella/BLO/mycoplasma diagnoses did not come for another couple of years) we traveled to an alternative LLMD in Kansas. Hubby tried his herbal formula.

At that time we knew very little about Lyme and had never heard of a herx. Anyway after about a month of doing various detox things -- foot baths, epsom salts baths etc -- and taking the herbal formula Borrelogen hubby kept getting worse. His tremors had progressed to what I thought were actual seizures.

Hubby ended up in an ER for the 3rd time that month I think and had his 2nd spinal tap. The first one had been about 6 months prior and was normal. At this point hubby had been sick for about 18 months. Hubby had the spinal tap while unconscious in the hospital (he remained unconscious for 15 hours that particular day). When he did wake up he remained confused and did not know me (his wife of 12 years at the time).

Of course the neurologists in the hospital said hubby was not having seizures (EEG was abnormal but no seizure spikes) and they diagnosed anxiety/depression. They wanted hubby to be voluntarily admitted to the psych ward. We refused (had already been that route once that month). Hubby was admitted on a Friday I think and discharged on Sunday.

When his medical records caught up with him hubby had a positive PCR test for Lyme from the alternative doc before the hospital admission. And the spinal tap had an elevated protein count of 46. WBC were normal and RBC were high at 4 or 5 (due to traumatic tap).

When we finally got to an LLMD neurologist a year later he prescribed IV Rocephin as hubby's first antibiotic. Part of the justification was the abnormal protein found on the spinal tap. By that time hubby had had his 3rd spinal tap which was normal.

What you need to understand is that the combination of elevated WBC and elevated protein definitely means you have a brain infection. At this point it doesn't matter if it was caused by the IV IgG or not.

In my opinion you need to be on either antibiotics or killing herbs ASAP. If only the protein or WBC were elevated it is possible they might return to normal over time (possibly could take many months). But in my opinion it is doubtful that both markers will return to normal without strong intervention.

You have obviously learned that your body will need strong detox interventions during treatment.

In my opinion there are 3 aspects of treatment that all need to be in place to make things go smoother. You need detox measures, supplemental nutrients and killing agents. Different people have differing needs obviously.

In my opinion the glutathione and coffee enemas are just treating symptoms the same as an aspirin will treat pain. They will do very little to actually help with brain inflammation. It is very difficult to get things that cross the blood brain barrier.

As far as something to help with symptoms -- I would suggest very high doses of antioxidants. Unfortunately they will not work quickly and may even make you feel worse initially. Even before the situation I described with hubby he had been on 400 mg daily of CoQ10 prescribed by another neurologist who couldn't diagnose him. That neurologist told hubby he was burning up his brain cells due to his elevated levels of lipid peroxides.

And as the neurologist predicted when hubby started the CoQ10 he had headaches from that for a couple of weeks.

Other supplements I would suggest would be pychnogenol (pine bark extract) and definitely good fats -- fish oil, flaxseed etc.

You can continue to use the IV glutathione if that is helpful. Hubby took 500 - 1000 mg 4 or 5 times weekly for about 5 years. Hubby was very sensitive to treatment for many years. He had a reaction to almost every dose of antibiotics he took for 3 or 4 years.

It has been a long road for him, but he has finally been able to tolerate multiple meds at once for the last couple of years and is finally making some real progress. I think we have gotten rid of the babesia and are making headway on the bartonella/BLO/mycoplasma.

I wish you the best of luck. But please take the results of your spinal tap seriously.

This is not medical advice, just my opinion based on hubby's experiences.

Bea Seibert

Posts: 7306 | From Martinsville,VA,USA | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
losferwrds
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^^^^^^^^^^^^

The post above makes some good points.

To test the IVIG alone causing massive dieoff, you should theoretically be able to get a WB ordered tomorrow by your LLMD , that should light up on both the IGM AND IGG.

Those parasites too, man you are loaded you gotta find out what the hell that is, It seem there is no end to them.

I know you have been primarily been going salt/c and rife, but how long did you really try any traditional ABX, I know you mentioned some amoxicillen early on but I really think you need to try some traditional treatment for a while.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement