LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Flu shot--HlNl shot--what to do???

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Flu shot--HlNl shot--what to do???
kitts
Member # 20542

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kitts     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Should I get a flu shot? I am scared to because my cd57 test is below anything normal. Do you out there get flue shots? How about the upcoming H1N1 shot? I am in such a delecate balance that anything throws me.

--------------------
Kitty
Lyme, Babesia, XMRV virus Diagnosed 2008
Mepron, Zithro, Cepaflexin, Fluconozol, Vitamin, Herb therapy

Posts: 65 | From Kansas | Registered: May 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pinelady
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 18524

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pinelady     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would ask your LLMD what to do with a low CD57. But no I don't get them.

--------------------
Suspected Lyme 07 Test neg One band migrating in IgG region
unable to identify.Igenex Jan.09IFA titer 1:40 IND
IgM neg pos
31 +++ 34 IND 39 IND 41 IND 83-93 +
DX:Neuroborreliosis

Posts: 5850 | From Kentucky | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Starfall1969
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 17353

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Starfall1969     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nope, I won't do any of those anymore, not my kids either.

I would ask my LLMD if I were you, but if you're in a delicate balance now, I'd be very careful what I let be injected into my body.

Posts: 1682 | From Dillsburg, PA | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymeorsomething
Member # 16359

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymeorsomething     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I never get the flu shots. I'm not sure that testing on the H1N1 vaccine is adequate. I believe running up to 2000 IUs of D per day really helps in this regard, especially if combined with C...

I haven't been sick since my mono episode over 2 years ago. I'm not sure if this is because a weaker or stronger immune system. I have not had any overt cold/flu symptoms--runny nose, headache, fever, cough, etc. in this time.

I do have the lyme stuff--fatigue and stamina issues and some endocrine disruption...

--------------------
"Whatever can go wrong will go wrong."

Posts: 2062 | From CT | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin123
Member # 9197

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm not a doctor, but I don't think it's a good idea. For one thing, the shot includes extras like formaldehyde, aluminum, mercury, lipid squalene - people can have adverse reactions to adjuvants like these, including auto-immune reactions.

To say nothing of what flu strains they've included and whether they're even going to be effective against flu strains this year. I always wonder about it, since viruses can mutate anyway.

Posts: 13116 | From San Francisco | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sixgoofykids   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would not get the H1N1 shot. Please google H1N1 and Mercola and read what Dr. M has to say about it.

--------------------
sixgoofykids.blogspot.com

Posts: 13449 | From Ohio | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't do vaccines.

I rarely get communicable diseases anyway. Knock on wood!!!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
julielynne4
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I will not get a flu shot or a H1N1 shot. My kids and husband won't either. I don't want to take a chance of triggering some horrible lyme symptoms in any of us.

Hopefully supplements will keep our immune systems strong.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lightparfait
Member # 22022

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lightparfait     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just saw a news program about a pregnant woman who has decided to be the first pregnant woman to do the trial for the shot. (publicity for promoting the shot)

She said she is getting $300.00 to do this, but besides the money, her motivation was fear that being pregnant ups her risks of dying from the flu if she contracts it being pregnant.

Also she said her unborn child would benefit from the shot...as children under 6 months are not advised to get the shot. She is just fearful.

Fear is making people get this shot. I blame the media and our Gov. for promoting this fear, without giving the public the true information on both sides of the debate for decision making.

But also, those of us with chronic conditions know the reality and truer fear of adding more burden/problems to our bodies and not having our immune system able to counter it.

As a side note: The program stated that the only people who should possibly not get the shot, are those with underlying chronic conditions...but most Americans do not know that they have underlying chronic conditions until the take the shot!!!

Posts: 1009 | From NJ | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pamoisondelune
Member # 11846

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pamoisondelune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There is an anti-viral herb LOMATIUM which you could try, in case you start to get flu symptoms.
It saved the Washoe Indian tribe from the 1918 pandemic flu; no one died; it takes one pound of raw herb to treat 3 days of pandemic flu.

A bottle of LOMATIUM extract doesn't cost much and is easily found on the internet.

The reason i personally KNOW LOMATIUM is anti-viral (of course i'm not sure about H1N1), is that it cured my Herpes simplex lip sores; compeletely cured and eradicated life-long Herpes--- no doctor's drug makes that claim, they say it's impossible.

Dr Frank Shallenberger on the internet sells information how have your doctor mix up a spray with a few ingredients that my doctor says probably wouldn't hurt you; you put it in an asthma inhaler with a facemask and breathe 3 ccs of this on schedule the first day of flu symptoms, on schedule but less often the 2nd and 3d days. I paid for his newsletter, but it is copyrighted so i can't reproduce it here.

Then there's the homeopathic Oscillococcinum; people say it works, taken at the first sign of flu symptoms; personally i haven't tried it since i don't eat meat and this stuff started with duck heart and gizzard ; supposedly there's nothing left of any duck.

----Polly Polygonum

Posts: 1226 | From USA | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymeorsomething
Member # 16359

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymeorsomething     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
pamoisondelune, I just started Lomatium. Any idea if it's effective on EBV? If it worked for your herpes simplex, I'm assuming it may be...

How many drops per day do you use?

--------------------
"Whatever can go wrong will go wrong."

Posts: 2062 | From CT | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pryorka
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 13649

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pryorka     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was crippled by the flu shot. So yeah unless you feel like eternal pain and disability is a goal it might be a good idea to pass on that.
Posts: 499 | From Indiana | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pamoisondelune
Member # 11846

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pamoisondelune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lymeorsomething, That's really exciting that you are trying it on EBV! Maybe you are the first to try.

My memory is that i was taking about 10 or 20 drops at a dose about one or two times a day, i think.

I'm not taking it now, ; i gave up when it didn't seem to affect my lyme at all. But i do take it if i'm worried about a virus.

I'm so lazy--- if you want me to lookup my extensive notes, i can find out exactly how many drops i took; but that seems irrelevant since it's SO experimental and NO ONE knows anything!

Keep us informed,
Polly Polygonum

Posts: 1226 | From USA | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by lightparfait:
But also, those of us with chronic conditions know the reality and truer fear of adding more burden/problems to our bodies and not having our immune system able to counter it.

As a side note: The program stated that the only people who should possibly not get the shot, are those with underlying chronic conditions...

Exactly.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
treepatrol
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 4117

Icon 1 posted      Profile for treepatrol     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
testing on the H1N1 vaccine is adequate

I agree

--------------------
Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
Remember Iam not a Doctor Just someone struggling like you with Tick Borne Diseases.

Newbie Links

Posts: 10564 | From PA Where the Creeks are Red | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement