LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Has anyone done Thermography Body Test?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Has anyone done Thermography Body Test?
springshowers
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 19863

Icon 1 posted      Profile for springshowers     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was wondering if anyone has done a full body test and what was your experience?
Was it helpful? Did you gain any knowledge.
Anyone using this for breast evaluations instead of mamograms?
Can it be a substitute or just additional tool?
What other information did you gain from it?

THANKS

Posts: 2747 | From Unites States Of America | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Melodymaker
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 16434

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Melodymaker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I too am looking into thermography for breast evaluation, and perhaps whole body. will be interested in others experience.

--------------------
Wishing You Showers Of Blessings!
Lyme since Fall 1983 = Diagnosed Summer 2008
IV Rocephin 7 weeks Stopped due to drug fever
Now doxycycline
"For I know the plans I have for you...plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

Posts: 430 | From Sunny South | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nutmeg
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7250

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nutmeg     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Spring Showers,

I just had my 4th or 5th annual breast thermogram. The thermal patterns this time look very similar to the previous years' patterns, so I'm happy about that.

I will get a color photo of the images that were taken and the physician interpretation when it comes in. I have the thermography done at my chiropractor's office, which is also a naturopathic clinic. The images are sent out for evaluation, but the tech gave me a sneak peek and compared previous years on the screen.

The chiro had me do a facial thermogram last year. I was asking if he could tell anything about my root canal tooth, if I needed to have it out ASAP, as my lyme-friendly MD was insisting.

DC felt that no jaw or tooth infections were evident from the facial thermogram--no red areas or hot spots. I have not yet had the root canal tooth extracted, but I'm sure I will eventually.

Areas on both cheeks, though, were white-hot in the photo. (I thought that was from having to wash my foundation (makeup) off before the images were taken, and not being able to put any moisturizer or anything on my skin. My face dries out and turns red fast, very sensitive.)

Then the DC pressed on my sinuses and I realized how painful they were, presumably with sinusitis. Root canal tooth is on the bottom, so it's not that affecting the sinuses.

As far as doing a whole-body thermogram, if you are looking to identify painful areas, I don't really think it would be an efficient use of funds.

It would be really interesting to see what the patterns look like and see how the color patterns compare, area-by-area, but I'm not sure it would provide a lot of useful information.

Except perhaps to quantify pain using the color scale and identify painful areas.

Not sure if it would show anything for the level of infection that comes with Lyme and co-infections. Like, would an affected knee joint be orange or red?

Hope this helps a little
Nutmeg

Posts: 386 | From WA state | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
imagine2
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 3136

Icon 1 posted      Profile for imagine2     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Spring Showers,
I just had my first baseline thermagram (breast only) I have to go back in 3 months. They said everyone has specific patterns which will be established by the second visit.

I think it is an excellent tool. They can spot an area of concern five years before it becomes a dangerous issue and by catching it early can treat it better.

As for the whole body scan, my doctor said it would show up the pain and inflammation in my knees and the tissue surrounding them but he also said, "You already know where it hurts, so its not necessary to get the full scan.

They also do half-body scans from neck to knees but I opted out of that one too.

Posts: 677 | From Virginia | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
NanaDubo
Member # 14794

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NanaDubo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I use thermography for breast evaluation. I would never have a mammogram.

My understanding is that thermography can pick up any breast issues up to 10 years earlier than mammography.

Mine have all been fine and I remain at low risk for breast cancer. In fact they mentioned that my most recent one showed even less tissue inflammation (was never extreme) than previous scans.

I attribute this to the Allergie-Immun therapy.

Posts: 1129 | From Maine | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
massman
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nuteg - sounds like you have a sharp DC. Did the DC go to school at Western States CC in Portland OR ?
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sixgoofykids   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How do you get your ob/gyn to recommend thermography?

--------------------
sixgoofykids.blogspot.com

Posts: 13449 | From Ohio | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
IckyTicky
Member # 21466

Icon 1 posted      Profile for IckyTicky     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have not had a whole body scan done but I have had a breast thermogram done. It is SO much safer, costs less and finds cancer LONG before a mammogram.

Mine came back okay but I had a lot of inflammation.
I am due to have it done again to see if anything has changed. I definately recommend it.

--------------------
IGM: 18+, 23+, 30+, 31+++, 34+, 39IND, 41++, 58+++, 66+, 83-93IND
IGG: 31+, 39IND, 41+
Also positive for Mycoplasma Pneumoniae and RMSF.
Whole family of 5 dx with Lyme.

Posts: 1014 | From Texas | Registered: Jul 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
IckyTicky
Member # 21466

Icon 1 posted      Profile for IckyTicky     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I paid I think $150 and that was for the breast thermogram and interpretations. and they even mailed me the scans and doctor's comments.

You don't need a doctor to recommend it.

--------------------
IGM: 18+, 23+, 30+, 31+++, 34+, 39IND, 41++, 58+++, 66+, 83-93IND
IGG: 31+, 39IND, 41+
Also positive for Mycoplasma Pneumoniae and RMSF.
Whole family of 5 dx with Lyme.

Posts: 1014 | From Texas | Registered: Jul 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
springshowers
Member # 19863

Icon 1 posted      Profile for springshowers     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am planning on getting this done to and I have a lot of Breast Cancer in the family. THE mamorgrams always hurt me and then they have to do them over and over and over due to density of my breasts.
I have had fibrosis lumps removed from both breasts 15 years ago or so now. For some years I had regretted it.. thinking it was not necessary.

My mother recently admitted she was told to get one removed and did not do it and that is where the cancer ended up hiding and growing.

I am looking for a good ongoing OBGYN and though too found a good homeopathic who will do it for me with a doctors script if I do not see her as a doctor or if I do she can do it for me even if she is not an OBGYN.

But either way.. I got to find a better OBGYN> I have been searching and I want to find someone who feels right to me. I have found they are either too busy and all they do is run people in and out and you see a PA and ask you to do every test no matter what without a lot of human discussions etc.

I also have the oppositve once where I had a OBGYN who was all in 100 percent natural and would not prescirbe anything al all that was not natural 100 pecent. no matte what.

I am somwwhere in the middle there.

Maybe anyone else on this board who is AZ can recommend someone to me. I have lost the couple good ones over the years because they moved or moved on.. etc.

Thanks

Posts: 2747 | From Unites States Of America | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
breast MRI &/or Ultrasound exam are good choices.

Most doctors will discount thermography but it can show place that need further examination.
------

http://naturalhealthcenter.mercola.com/services/Thermography.aspx

Thermography Scans - Digital Infrared Thermal Imaging

8:33 Video

For text and images, scroll down:

See the section: "But How are Thermographs Different From Mammograms?"
. . .

What Else Can Thermography Help Detect in Your Body?
. . .

Carpal Tunnel Syndrome (CTS)
. . . .
-

[ 11-03-2009, 03:30 PM: Message edited by: Keebler ]

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Melodymaker
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 16434

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Melodymaker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
keebler, I tried to get a breast MRI done.

Called the local imaging associates and was told they cannot do a breast MRI without a prior positive mammogram.

Seems they are prevented from doing so by their insurance. mind you, I was going to pay for the MRI out of pocket. didn't make a difference.

Haven't heard of doing the ultrasound, but do feel like I should pick something since I'm 52. Had a mammogram done at 40 and decided not to do that again. I just don't think it's good for you.

Just my opinion there though. =) Blessings!

--------------------
Wishing You Showers Of Blessings!
Lyme since Fall 1983 = Diagnosed Summer 2008
IV Rocephin 7 weeks Stopped due to drug fever
Now doxycycline
"For I know the plans I have for you...plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

Posts: 430 | From Sunny South | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nutmeg
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7250

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nutmeg     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Massman, sorry I missed your earlier question about my chiro. He is extremely sharp, skilled, highly qualified, and really, really kind. I feel very fortunate to have found him.

Yes, he went to Western States CC in Portland, OR. He is also a board-certified chiropractic internist and the clinic also has a doctor who is a DC/ND.

Take care,
Nutmeg

Posts: 386 | From WA state | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
karenl
Member # 17753

Icon 1 posted      Profile for karenl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had a breast thermagram but also do an ultrasound.

Does anyone have a doctor for the full body scan? The only one I find online is in Washington DC. I am in FL.

Posts: 1834 | From US | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
springshowers
Member # 19863

There is a doctor in Arizona who does it and I am going to be making an appointment.

I am not sure though and agree it might not be the best to rely on it soley for breast issues. I have had past surgeries on both and I am thinking that might show up but how can you tell what i what??

I guess i have to depend on the doctor for that.

Can you get a ultra sound instead of a Mamo without a problem from insurance companies?

Would that just be what your OBGYN wants or asks for or Doctor?/

I am going to get the full body not from a OBGYN but from a Lyme Doctor whow is a MD HD and treats Lyme and all sorts of other things.

She has offers the full body scan and includes 3 scans along with her first consult all as one inclusive price. So it obvious she likes it as a diagnostic tool overall..

I am somewhat reluctant too .. sometimes the more we dig the more we find and what is important to pay attention to can be a matter of opinion...

I find some of the Homeopathic doctors will just keep on treating and treating and it is very costly.. and it feels sometimes like your chasing things in circles

I have had this happen but I was very very very stuck and not responding to anything .. I am in a bit of a different place.. now.

Its tough to decide what directions to take. ...

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement