LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Suzanne Summers recommends Burzinski

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Suzanne Summers recommends Burzinski
Pinelady
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 18524

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pinelady     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
She was just on. It is not just Lyme doctors who have been bull whipped and jailed and prosecuted. I was amazed to hear her speak. She was promoting her new book. Who knows they may have the same prosecutors.

--------------------
Suspected Lyme 07 Test neg One band migrating in IgG region
unable to identify.Igenex Jan.09IFA titer 1:40 IND
IgM neg pos
31 +++ 34 IND 39 IND 41 IND 83-93 +
DX:Neuroborreliosis

Posts: 5850 | From Kentucky | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cold Feet
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9882

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cold Feet   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey "Miss PL,"

Interesting post -- here's a link:

http://blog.al.com/scenesource/2009/10/suzanne_somers_says_knockout_c.html

[Eek!]

--------------------
My biofilm film: www.whyamistillsick.com
2004 Mycoplasma Pneumonia
2006 Positive after 2 years of hell
2006-08 Marshall Protocol. Killed many bug species
2009 - Beating candida, doing better
Lahey Clinic in Mass: what a racquet!

Posts: 830 | From Mass. | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pinelady
Member # 18524

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pinelady     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.burzynskiclinic.com/

I know a little girl who's brain tumor was put in

remission with chemo and radiation. They told

them if it came back there would be nothing they

could do for her. This is a wonderful option for

those patients and are in phase 111 trials. I

hope it works out. And they may discover this

treatment to be an aid for Lyme treatments. Who

knows. But it is out of the box.

--------------------
IgM neg pos

Posts: 5850 | From Kentucky | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ping
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 6974

Icon 2 posted      Profile for ping     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Pinelady - Not to downplay what you've posted, but Suzanne is reporting rather old news. I was in Houston years ago as he fought the FDA & others to legitimize his bovine urine and other experiments for tx of cancer. He stayed and fought it out with the medical establishment and from the looks of it, has become very successful.

Now, let him take on Lyme pts and we'll see how far he gets. With all due respect, it's a completely different ballgame.

ping
"We are more than containers for Lyme"

--------------------
ping

Posts: 1302 | From Back in TX again | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is this the guy who developed the ICHT treatments in Italy? The protocol that killed some Lyme patients?

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ping
Member # 6974

Icon 4 posted      Profile for ping     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Lymetoo:
Is this the guy who developed the ICHT treatments in Italy? The protocol that killed some Lyme patients?

No no, tutu-ness. This is someone else altogether different. This doc had a little jammed ofc in Houston, experimenting with a compound(s) not approved by FDA and was nearly shut down. Instead of giving up, he, along with a bunch of his patients filed for FDA approval and they all went round and round for a few years, until this doctor won approval.

The former MD you're thinking of is the one who spent 10 yrs. in federal prison, (sent his money offshore beforehand) and when released, went to Italy & opened up a clinic.

ping

--------------------
ping

Posts: 1302 | From Back in TX again | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks, ping. The other guy had a similar last name.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JRWagner
Member # 3229

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JRWagner     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Suzanne SOMERS is a self-serving opportunist that knows absolutely nothing about medical science or ethics. She is preying on the vulnerability of cancer patients.

TuTu...that was Dr. Nicholas Bachynsky who did ICHT or DNP...very dangerous at best.

They probably know or knew each other...both were trying to get away with using unapproved and UNPROVEN chemicals/drugs. Read the article...no proven results...what does this tell you?

Of course Ms. Somers will never acknowledge the truth, it would not sell her books. Beware those who have an agenda...they have forked tongues.

Read this and learn:

http://biotech.law.lsu.edu/cases/pro_lic/Texas_v_Burzynski.htm

Posts: 1414 | From Ny, Ny | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Thanks, JR! I knew the names were similar. Makes me feel less "stupid"! [Wink]

There's a lot of truth in what you posted.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
Suzane Somers is doing us all a favor by helping us see there is much more to talking care of oneself.

She is providing a valuable service that the doctors and journalists have stopped: a well-rounded education, being open to various ways to approach a condition.

If the medical models were to have their way, there would be only ONE way and that often is very toxic to the body. There are safe ways to approach complementary medicine and many professionals who are well educated, who have done years of research to guide and educate patients.
-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ping
Member # 6974

Icon 2 posted      Profile for ping     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
JR - Although I agree with your assessment of Suzanne Somers and Nicholas Bachynsky, I'm not so sure I completely agree with your assessment of Dr. Stan B.

While the tx might be unproven etc., at least Dr. Stan stayed and fought to make his experimentation legal, unlike Bachynsky, who was underhanded in every way. (Does anyone know if he's still in jail? I think they threw him in the klink in Dec. 08.)

Not arguing the efficacy of the tx's; I wouldn't inject myself with modified cow pee either, but there's a definite difference in the way the 2 men behaved with regard to the laws of the land.

ping

--------------------
ping

coltman
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 21272

Icon 1 posted      Profile for coltman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by JRWagner:
They probably know or knew each other...both were trying to get away with using unapproved and UNPROVEN chemicals/drugs. Read the article...no proven results...what does this tell you?

That doesnt tell me anything. And you too should avoid making conclusions based on mainstream anecdotes. All treatments are "unproven" at some point. Only treatments which get approved by FDA are the ones pushed by big pharma .Almost nothing else gets trough (that system works on purpose this way -to maintain oligopoly and profits )

Difference is DNP is indeed dangerous (and you can find plenty of research papers on that) ,while critique of Burzinski is based on cherry picked 6 cases study by FDA shills. There are also research papers which support Burzinski treatment and cured cancer patients as well

We need constitution amendments for freedom of medical care. FDA/CDC and monopolistic organization such as AMA are not interested in curing patients

Posts: 856 | From MA | Registered: Jul 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SForsgren
Member # 7686

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SForsgren         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As I understand, Burzynski won his case so the details of the case seem somewhat irrelevant at this point. More than one person I trust very much has experience with people that went to Burzynski and suggested that if brain cancer were an issue for someone, that is where they would look.

I was excited to her Burzynski mentioned on the Today show clip this week, but on the other hand, it's often better for these doctors not to get a high profile. It opens the doors to more people coming after them.

If I had brain cancer, I'd certainly pursue Burzynski before ever looking at chemo and/or radiation.

I applaud Suzanne for opening the flow of information about options. People can look at the options and make their own personal decisions. I, for one, don't see chemo and radiation as viable options for many cancers and as a result, I want to learn more.

Her book is on the way...

--------------------
Be well,
Scott

Posts: 4617 | From San Jose, CA | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
coltman
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 21272

Icon 1 posted      Profile for coltman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by SForsgren:
I was excited to her Burzynski mentioned on the Today show clip this week, but on the other hand, it's often better for these doctors not to get a high profile. It opens the doors to more people coming after them.

Maybe we should stop hiding from "them". Maybe we should start organizing and have the freedom to get treatment amendment passed. I know a long shot- most people dont give jack. But there are many sick people whom mainstream medicine failed all over the place (cancer, MS).

Some day it should reasonate - fact is people are denied effective treatment trough multiple barriers, they are denied chance to get better because perspective research is not funded (or even worse -banned (stem cells), the progressive doctors prosecuted

They tell the same story "it is for safety". Screw the safety - I want make my own choices and have freedom to do so. I dont want to be forced into what some bureaucrat on payroll of multibillion dollar monopoly considers safe and effective. those who want pursue AMA/FDA/CDC and big pharmas remedies should be free to do so. On the other hand no one should be denied alternatives , let alone persecuted and prosecuted.

Posts: 856 | From MA | Registered: Jul 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pinelady
Member # 18524

You are right Coltman, we have double standards of care. It comes from a right diagnosis if you

are so lucky. We have legalized the killing of another human being, yet we are forbidden to seek

our own medical care. Why? Because someone has more money than me? Because someone else is

smarter than me? Because there is always someone in the middle blocking the ball so they can get

their hands in the kitty? I had much rather be associated with a cancer group. Than a autoimmune

group. Why? At least with cancer someone will look at the cells! But I had much rather be know

as the Lyme group.

--------------------
IgM neg pos

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement