LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Static electricity HELP!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Static electricity HELP!
smiles132002
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7949

Icon 1 posted      Profile for smiles132002     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know that winter time can bring static to our clothes, hair, etc. But I live in California, we don't have "rough" winters. I wash all my clothes with bounce. My hair has been going static CRAZY!

Not just in my home but out in public. It's like I am electrically charged or something. I shock people all the time but more importantly my hair looks completely ridiculous. I had my hair done at the salon today and my hair stylest was like what the hekc is going on. Even he couldn't get it to stop.

Has anyone experienced this? Is it from the medication?

I am doing IV rocephin/levaquin, mino, flagyl.

Please help me!

Posts: 484 | From Burlingame, Ca | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TxLymie
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 20847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TxLymie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't have the hair problem but I definitely have some very odd thing going on with me in relation to static electricity.

I live in Texas and it rarely gets very cold. But if it gets to be even 50 degrees I tend to shock myself to death often. I am talking jolts!

The other weird thing that has been going on for YEARS is that when I go to the grocery store (where it is always flippin iceberg cold for some reason) I literally cannot pick up canned goods without getting a shock so strong it causes me to jump.

I've discoverd if I tap the cans real fast, remove my hand and then pick it up again, there is no shock.

Even before being diagnosed with Lyme I thought this was so strange. I wonder also if we have some electrical imbalance or something. I am on no meds now and still get this.

--------------------
TxLymie
IgG-Negative
IgM - Postive bands 23 and 41

Other dx: 2000: Endometriosis 2009: Chronic EBV, Mycoplasma infection, HHV6, H.pylori

Posts: 297 | From Houston | Registered: Jun 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
coltman
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 21272

Icon 1 posted      Profile for coltman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Effects of Low MSH
* Dysregulation of gonadotrophins contributing to
the androgen deficiency often found in
neurotoxic patients.

* ADH dysregulation with excess free water loss by
the kidney and excess salt in the sweat. In
patients this presents as constant thirst and
tendency for frequent static electrical shocks

* Decreased TSH almost never seen
* Marked sensitivity of ACTH/cortisol in low MSH
* Decreases GH release not confirmed; impaired
production likely

http://www.biotoxin.info/docs/GordonMD_ILADS_Biotoxins_RS_9_5_08.pdf

Posts: 856 | From MA | Registered: Jul 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
map1131
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 2022

Icon 1 posted      Profile for map1131     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I too am a walking static electric shocker. I do spray my socks and shoes with Static Guard during the winter which helps some.

Interesting reading coltman. Thanks for posting website.

Pam

--------------------
"Never, never, never, never, never give up" Winston Churchill

Posts: 6478 | From Louisville, Ky | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tickssuck
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15388

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tickssuck     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Smiles,

I live in Western WA State, mild winters here too.

During my 2 years of being VERY sick with no diagnosis, I'd read about Lyme, asked docs about it, tested negatively for it (waste of time ELISA test)...I was getting shocked ALL THE TIME, in July, August. I couldn't kiss my kids, open a door etc. without getting zapped. Besides the fact I was so sick I thought I was about to pass out and seizure...

Anyway...during my search for "what the heck is wrong with me" online. I came across some obscure study/paper that was written on Lyme, darn it if I didn't save it. But, it talked about many Lyme patients complaining of their "propensity to get static shocked." It then went on to talk about possible causes from the disease, cell changes and a bunch of scientific theories as to why this would be.

I had so many suspicions about Lyme but kept believing docs that I couldn't possibly have it.
Finding that article was what finally pushed me to be properly tested and evaluated. Not only did I have SO MANY of the symptoms, the static shock thing was the clincher for me. I was then tested and IGENEX positive for Lyme, babs, bart and ehrlichia.

Anyway, that's my story. It wasn't from meds as it was all well before dx. The shocking problem is better, but still I think more than the average person. Good luck. TS

Posts: 566 | From West Coast | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement