LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Anyone else get an onslaught of sx like this? Scaring me to death!!!!!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Anyone else get an onslaught of sx like this? Scaring me to death!!!!!
feelfit
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 12770

Icon 1 posted      Profile for feelfit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My thumb and index finger on both hands go numb, I lose dexterity in them. My face is prickly, my ears and head have pressure beyond belief. Heart races, legs get very weak and I have trouble speaking.

It feels like what I would imagine a stroke would feel like, except my sensations are bilateral (stroke is usually one sided).

This not panic or anxiety, very familiar with both of those.....

Going on day two of this and it is driving me crazy....oh and my head hurts like heck.

Currently taking biaxin, malarone and artimisinin.....Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,
Feelfit

Posts: 3975 | From usa | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
glm1111
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 16556

Icon 1 posted      Profile for glm1111     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi FF,

Sorry, I know it's scary. My head, pelvis and chest went completely numb about 7-8 yrs ago. I thought I was having a stroke also. Back in the early 80's I had head pressure for 2 yrs.

Didn't know I had Lyme. What is catching my eye here is that your sensations are bilateral as mine have been. I once had a bulls eye on each elbow.

Bilateral symptoms can be very indicative of parasites because that is the way the present themselves. And you know me and the parasite thing.

Once I started attacking the infections parasites/worms in the small intestine, my symptoms started calming down. Have you tried any parasite cleansing? I know the numb feelings are scary, but I am still here and so will you be,

Gael

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW
RECOGNIZED AS THE NUMBER 1 CO-INFECTION IN LYME DISEASE BY ILADS*

Posts: 6418 | From philadelphia pa | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JOLA
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 23498

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JOLA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is for GLM1111. in your post you said you had suffered head pressure for 2 years in the 80s.
can you tell me about this and how you resolved this. it is my main symptom now and i'm at my wits end.
tested positive April 09 for lyme/babs/bart/ehrl/
currently on mepron/biaxin/ceftin/diflucan
just went off plaquenil cause making me too sick-diahhrea etc.
The pressure in my head is relentless. 24/7.
even when i go to bed. Thinking I have lyme-encephalus. what do you think. Joan

Posts: 146 | From Vancouver, BC | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
knobs
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 21928

Icon 1 posted      Profile for knobs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
feelfit - sounds to me like a lot of toxic buildup. I know those feelings well--ESPECIALLY the ear and head pressure.
Posts: 124 | From Toronto | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
IckyTicky
Member # 21466

Icon 1 posted      Profile for IckyTicky     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The ear and head pressure were big symptoms of mine before I got diagnosed. In my case, it wasn't toxic buildup, but just symptoms of the infections.

I'd say Lyme encephalitus. Mine got a lot better but since stopping treatment recently it's coming back. Bummer.

--------------------
IGM: 18+, 23+, 30+, 31+++, 34+, 39IND, 41++, 58+++, 66+, 83-93IND
IGG: 31+, 39IND, 41+
Also positive for Mycoplasma Pneumoniae and RMSF.
Whole family of 5 dx with Lyme.

Posts: 1014 | From Texas | Registered: Jul 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
knobs
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 21928

Icon 1 posted      Profile for knobs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^^ Did you continue to detox after treatment???
Posts: 124 | From Toronto | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JOLA
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 23498

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JOLA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
IckyTicky
did you ever get tested for enephalus?

i'm going to be seeing another neuro cause my balance has gotten so bad and my head feels like its 200 lbs. I detox regularly-fir/epsom baths/lemon juice/herbs etc.etc....

I guess i need to find out if there is anything else going on here besides my lyme and cos.

Posts: 146 | From Vancouver, BC | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
feelfit
Member # 12770

Icon 1 posted      Profile for feelfit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For what it is worth, I am thinking that the head pressure, feeling like the head weighs 200 pounds is subclinical encephalitis......

Doesn't show on a MRI. I've had it 24/7 to some degree for 2 years and 2 months (yes, counting).
it is debilitating.

are those of you with this pressure able to drive? I have some incoordination as well.

Thanks for all of the support. Gael, glad that you're still here.....I intend to stick around if at all possible [Smile]

Posts: 3975 | From usa | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
glm1111
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 16556

Icon 1 posted      Profile for glm1111     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
JOLA,

The head pressure calmed down with rest and I walked the halls a lot to get oxygen to that area. I didn't know what was wrong with me then.

I agree with FF that it is a subclinical encephalitis. My experience through the yrs of treatment helped me to understand that most of the infections are sitting in the small intestines and disseminate from there.

Antiparasitics (herbs) played a huge role for me. I also use salt/c which is very powerful protocol. Inflammation is secondary to these infections.

Gael

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW
RECOGNIZED AS THE NUMBER 1 CO-INFECTION IN LYME DISEASE BY ILADS*

Posts: 6418 | From philadelphia pa | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement