LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Parasitology Center, Inc., anyone tested here?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Parasitology Center, Inc., anyone tested here?
sapphire101
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6638

Icon 5 posted      Profile for sapphire101     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm beginning to wonder if a lot of my problems are parasites.

Yesterday I passed something that was almost a foot long and a couple of others about half that size.

I'm not even on anything that would kill parasites.

I was reading on the site I posted in the title and I have a lot of the sx of parasites. I'm thinking about getting tested from here but wondered if anyone has used this place.

I would just like to know what all I have playing around inside me. I have passed lots of other things, too and I would like to know what they are. It's just unnerving to me not knowing.

It might be more unnerving knowing. [confused]

If there's another place that tests for parasites that you've used I'd like to know. I just want someplace reliable and not terribly expensive. TIA

Sapphire

Posts: 495 | From KY USA | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ping
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 6974

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ping     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
sapphire, I don't know a thing about the Center, but if you can actually see critters of the magnitude you described, you definitely need anti-parasitics. (Of course, I know you already know that.) Hope you get this problem solved, as it sounds very serious.

How's your stomach? Have you tried Humaworm, or thought about doing rounds of it? Cheaper than a diagnostic Center.

Where's Gael!? The one to ask.....

--------------------
ping
"We are more than containers for Lyme"

Posts: 1302 | From Back in TX again | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sapphire101
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6638

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sapphire101     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks ping, yeah, I do know I need anti-parasitics. For some reason, I just need to know what all is coming to "playdate" inside my body.

I haven't tried Humaworm yet. I am having stomach issues along with other things off and on. I'm just not sure what sx are lyme and co and what is something else.

I've been trying to figure this out now for a couple of months. I'm not sure it can be figured out as the sx all overlap.

Sapphire

Posts: 495 | From KY USA | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ping
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 6974

Icon 9 posted      Profile for ping     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I completely understand, sapphire. It's difficult to tell what sx's belong to what infection. That's why I asked you about your stomach condition; if you already have issues, they will likely worsen with ANY anti-parasitic, at least, at first.

Might have to be the way to go anyway. Parasites are obviously a major factor for you.

Best to You. I don't envy your task ahead. Maybe someone will come along with more info on the Center. I'd think if anyone would know, it would be Gael.

--------------------
ping
"We are more than containers for Lyme"

Posts: 1302 | From Back in TX again | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sapphire101
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6638

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sapphire101     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gael, any info on this place or another place to be tested??

I did some reading yesterday about saunas and one article said they can kill parasites. I have never heard this or my memory fails me. (very possible)

Anyway, I used my sauna the day before I passed these critters. Anyone know if that could have been the reason since I'm not on anything to kill them?

I hadn't used it since my ER visit(2 wks ago)because I've been too sick. I wanted to use it yesterday to see if it would happen again but I was just too sick. [rant]

Sapphire

massman
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Why not just treat for large paras then smaller ones ?

Why does there seem 2 b a need to specifically identify each + every species ?

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
massman
Unregistered

Still wondering on question just above.
learning721
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 23798

Icon 1 posted      Profile for learning721     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think the need to identify comes from the idea that different species respond to different treatments- like some respond better to certain drugs or herbs-

Not sure though just heard that for example strongyloides need ivermetcin...

I too think i'm dealing with bad parasite problem though i haven't seen much in the toliet-1 suspicious thing on humaworm but my body didn't tolerate humaworm herbs well

sapphire- what kinds of foods do you eat? you may be using something that is naturally anti parasitic and you don't know it. maybe even some of the lyme things you are doing-

do you have really low blood pressure? just curious! I'd be greatly interested in hearing what treatments you are doing- i think seeing the tapeworm come out is a good sign

Actually what i've heard is you may not see anything in your stool if you are NOT treating parasites- it doesn't mean they are not there.

I know sixgoofykids said enula from the cowden stuff got her to pass worms-

I kinda wish my doc would let me try a few drugs for parasites but he won't treat that without a stool test i think

I do know that a company called metametrix is supposed to be pretty good- they are expensive though- 395 for GI panel.

Posts: 116 | From Texas | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
learning721
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 23798

Icon 1 posted      Profile for learning721     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
oh and sapphire- what kind of sauna do you have- is it one of those portable kind or the bigger standard one?

Ive thought about getting one but the big ones are way too expensive for us.

Posts: 116 | From Texas | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
massman
Unregistered

www.inno-vita.com makes 2 formulas of mixed herbs (specific parts of + amounts of) for paras. One for large, one for small.

No need for fancy expensive testing.
Simple, straightforward.

sapphire101
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6638

massman, I don't really know why I feel the need to know. Like I said it just unnerves me thinking about what those things are and not really knowing.

I guess I just want proof that they are parasites. I'm not 100% positive that they are but I'd say the footer had to be.(in denial I suppose) I'm having a lot of undigested food so some things I think are parasites could be that I guess.

The whole idea of parasites just freak me out. It's just hard to believe we have critters like that living inside us.

I really don't know exactly why I feel the need to know, I just do. I know it's cheaper to just treat.

Sapphire

sapphire101
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6638

learning, the only things I'm on right now are Threelac probiotic, milk thistle, coQ10 and Resvertrol. I don't know if any of these could have done it or not.

When you mentioned foods, I do use some coconut oil but not alot. Maybe this did it?? I'm not on any lyme tx.

Maybe the sauna killed them like I read in the article. I had never heard that before though.

I have a 2 person FIR sauna and it helps me so much. I just can't use it when I'm really sick though. I sure do miss it when I can't use it. I highly recommend them.

Thx for the info on the GI panel. That is pretty expensive. Will check them out though.

Sapphire

sparkle7
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 10397

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sparkle7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
massman- do you represent InnoVita? Just curious. You are always mentioning them & you never answered my e-mail about this subject.

There are alot of herbal supplement companies that make anti-parasite combinations.

sapphire101- I know how you feel. There is a big yuck factor when we have to acknowledge that we have parasites.

It's pretty easy to try black (green) walnut hulls, cloves & wormwood for a couple of weeks. Many companies sell this combination for getting rid of parasites. Generally, if these herbs make you ill & you start passing things that look like parasites - you know you have them.

If it gets too bad, you can ease up the herbs & try again later. It's good to try different brands of anti-parasite herbs so they don't build up a tolerance. If you get really ill - ease up on the treatments & give your body time to recuperate.

Getting rid of parasites is a process. Sometimes, you can't do it all at once. It's probably good to do it as a regular thing a couple of times a year - just to be sure.

Posts: 7772 | From Northeast, again... | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pam08
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 19203

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pam08     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am about to get tested by them. My LLMD had me order a test kit from them.

We did a comprehensive digestive stool analysis last year through Diagnos Techs that also tested for parasites. We seem pretty sure that I don't have an issue with parasites based on my testing and symptoms etc but we are still treating for it just in case. This time my LLMD wanted me to go through Parasitology Center Inc so we are doing that. Depending on my results we may stop parasite treatments for the time being.

She is having me do stool and blood testing through them but they no longer send a kit/slide for the blood test so I am waiting to hear back from my doctor about scheduling a time for me to come in for them to do it.

Once that is all squared away I will get it done.

Anyhow...don't know much about the company other than my LLMD chose to go through them.

Take Care!
Pam :-)

--------------------
Sick since 10/2001. Tested CDC positive for Lyme 10/2008 through Quest and Igenex. Started treatment 1/2009 with LLMD. Lyme, Erichilosis, Chlamydophila Pneumoniae, Q Fever, Strep Syndrome and probably a few others I am forgetting.

Posts: 451 | From Virginia | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
learning721
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 23798

sapphire- COCONUT OIL is VERY anti parasitic- especially to tapeworm and possibly roundworm.

i don't know about saunas but coconut oil may have been it. do a google search on coconut being anti parasitic and you will see what i mean. i would keep taking it- it's good for you in many ways.

gee how much did your sauna cost?? i would like to get one too but i figured the big ones are all pricey.

massman- is there another link for that stuff- it's coming up unapproved by my mcafee. thanks!

massman
Unregistered

Sparkle - sorry I did not reply to your email.
I have done some rep work for Inno-Vita.

Previously was a rep for Systemic + did get offered a rep job with Standard Process.

I recommend certain mixed herbals for the results they typically provide, as I recommrnd certain chiropractic adjusting techniques for the results they typically provide.

I have posted here in the past that I receive no compensation for these recommendations. I may help a poster find a practitioner near them that uses certain mixed herbals that may help their condition.

Have you seen the other post about specific mixed herbals + understand the differences between classic herbology (using straight herbals like drugs) + specific mixed herbals developed by Doc Wheelwright ?

Link works OK for me. Might trying a search engine help ?

sapphire101
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6638

Thanks Pam for letting me know. That's good to know that an LLMD is using them.

Learning, I guess it could be the coconut oil but I don't use it much at all. I have been using it as a skin moisturizer quite a bit. I'm not sure how much benefit one would get from using it topically.

I'm thinking I paid around $3000 for the sauna, I really can't remember. I've had it a few years. There are cheaper ones though that I'm sure are good.

Sapphire

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement