LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » babesia treatment complete blood exchange?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: babesia treatment complete blood exchange?
lymewreck36
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 4395

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymewreck36     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Does anyone here know of any person with chronic babs that ended up having a complete blood exchange?

http://www.sciencedirect.com/science?_ob=ArticleURL&_udi=B75B5-4K3CHJN-4&_user=10&_rdoc=1&_fmt=&_orig=search&_sort=d&_docanchor=&view=c&_acct=C000050221&_version=1&_urlVersion=0&_u serid=10&md5=0fefb0763525c32b357e11e5de7e1a9c

I suspect this is the only hope for me now that I have failed everything. Can't take antimalarials anymore without a lupus like reaction showing up, complete with positive lupus blood work.

Do you know anyone that has died from Babesia after years of ineffective treatment?

What a crappy way to start the new year, excuse my language.

I don't know where else to turn but you people who have struggled along with me....and with your own health.

God Bless us all in the new year with good health.

Mary

Posts: 1032 | From North Carolina | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymewreck36
Member # 4395

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymewreck36     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
up! Need support. :-(
Posts: 1032 | From North Carolina | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
massman
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tried herbals ?

Tried mixed herbals ?

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
djf2005
Member # 11449

Icon 1 posted      Profile for djf2005     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Enula, Art, and a slew of other natural options are arguably just as effective w/ babesia.

Perhaps a course of Humaworm would help as well.

Derek

--------------------
"Experience is not what happens to you; it is what you do with what happens to you."

[email protected]

Posts: 2269 | From Lansdowne, Pa | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rumigirl
Member # 15091

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rumigirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Have you tried Riamet/Coartem? It's Riamet in Europe, and called Coartem in the US. It's a strong dose of Artemeter (sp?) + something else---it's an anti-malarial. It comes in 3 day courses. You would do pulses of it, say a pulse every month, or a pulse every two weeks.

Unless, of course, as you say, you can't do any treatment at all anymore, due to the reactions. It's worth a try.

The other suggestion is IV ozone. That might help a lot. You can even get your own machine and get taught how to use it. But you have to get a machine made for IV and get taught well. You might want to try it out before you go to the expense.

The problem with whole transfusion is that who knows what pathogens the person you are getting the blood from has??? It sounds like you are between a rock and a hard place.

Another suggestion, which I usually don't make, is that some people are having good success with MMS. There is a lot of info on the web about it. But go slowly, if you try it. It's worked well on malaria (I know, malaria is easier to treat!!).

Oh, and important: many people have had good success with rife on Babesia frequencies.

Gigi---on this board---got rid of her Babesia using natural means, after trying meds for it. Coartem helped her. There is more to try; don't give up. I'd be wary of the blood transfer, because of the pathogen problem (unless the blood is cleaned with ozone in Europe).

Posts: 3771 | From around | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sixgoofykids   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mary, I see you're in Switzerland. Have you considered Bionic 880 treatment in Germany?

Once I got rid of my Lyme with the Bionic, I treated after that with blood. I also drank tonic water because it helped with symptoms. It took some time, but my babesia finally went away.

I took 20 months of antimalarials prior to Bionic 880 treatment and they didn't knock down the babesia .... I'd do well ON the meds, but as soon as I stopped them, within a short time the symptoms would return.

--------------------
sixgoofykids.blogspot.com

Posts: 13449 | From Ohio | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
merrygirl
Member # 12041

Icon 1 posted      Profile for merrygirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A complete blood exchange is dangerous. you could suffer from DIC, when basically your blood wont clot...

melissa

Posts: 3905 | From USA | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymewreck36
Member # 4395

Well, let me see if I can answer some of your questions.

Sixgoofy, I did do the bionic 880 this summer and blogged about it extensively on lymenet. I actually need to go back to that thread and update how I'm doing. Several people have PMed me and asked me how I am now 6 months out of bionic therapy.

You and I talked during that time about my bionic treatment. But I know there are sssoooo many of us here and you are a moderator...so remembering all of these conversations would be just short of miraculous. :-)

I have failed after months and years long treatment with the following antimalarials:

cleocin/quinine
zith/mepron/bactrim
zith/malerone
biaxin/merpon...biaxin/malerone
plaquenil in combination with all above
doxy
artemisinin
alinia
Lariam

It has been 7 years of intense treatment. No one can believe I still have it, except when I do a fish test and the results blow the doctor out of his chair, .....the night sweats break out and migraines....etc.

How is it possible to have this thing so bad?

I did the five treatments of bionic 880 this summer and spent the next 6 months coming back from the dead after being off antibiotics.

About the complete blood exchange being dangerous, yes, that makes me hugely nervous, and I have asked my family what blood type they are and are waiting for a response. To make this more difficult, I am an O- blood type, universal donor with few recipients!

The blood clotting thing I saw mentioned in an article, can you enlighten me on that issue melissa?

Thank you all for responding...the herbs you suggested will be in my shopping cart tomorrow.

Happy New Year and Health and Wellness to all of you,

Mary in Switzerland

[ 01-02-2010, 02:06 PM: Message edited by: lymewreck36 ]

Hoosiers51
Member # 15759

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hoosiers51     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is your Lyme under control?

Maybe the reason your body isn't able to eradicate babesia is that your immune system is being suppressed by another serious pathogen, like Lyme.

I think in general, Lyme is considered the "bigger problem." My LLMD told me that if a baby is born with babesia but without Lyme, sometimes their immune systems can handle the babesia alone and they are never sick. So in other words, Lyme is kind of a deal-breaker.

I also did some research into blood transfusion, because I also still test positive for babesia after doing a LOT of babs treatment, like you. I still feel like crap too, but I'm not sure if that is from babesia or Lyme. I do have classic babesia symptoms every once in awhile (like once or twice a week night sweats, once or twice a week air hunger), but not daily. But I do feel exhausted daily.

Anyways, this is what I concluded after briefly looking into transfusion for babesia:

-it's for people with VERY high babesia loads. In my opinion, our loads are probably not as high as theirs, because they are usually hospitalized with babesia. At least I speak for myself when I say that. So I think my problem is moreso not that my babesia load is super high, but that my body can't eradicate what is LEFT, probably because of ongoing co-infection with Lyme (meaning, my Lyme is not under control).

-I got the sense that it was not a guarantee to eradicate ALL babesia from the body, but moreso a way to drastically lower the load in those who are loaded with babesia, so that their immune systems could take over from there.

So I figured since my levels are fairly low compared to those people, I might not show as much improvement as them.

I was really looking for a way to get rid of ALL of it, so I would stop testing positive all together (keep in mind the FISH is probably much more sensitive of a test than some of those people were getting, because it uses the flourescent technology, so I get the sense it looks at more cells, from further away, so you are more likely to see babesia if it's there).

If I'm correct, the current state of affairs is that we're not sure WHERE babesia is exactly, besides the blood...like if it has a dormancy stage like malaria, (there was some kind of experiment in dogs where they were finding it was hiding out someplace...maybe adhering to the walls of the veins, in a bio-film scenario?)

I think it also might be in bone marrow? My point is that I concluded it would still be other places in my body after transfusion, and since my CD57 is still SOOO low, and I'm not healthy, I figured it would find a way to come back after the transfusion.

Interestingly, I can go periods when I'm not treating, where I'm still very ill but I don't have babesia symptoms hardly EVER....and that is usually when I'm NOT treating it. (my guess is I may still test low-positive during those times though, perhaps even FISH positive)

So I concluded that by no longer treating it, and staying healthy, I'd probably acheive the same kind of babs remisssion that transfusion MAY be able to provide.

None of that logic is very scientific, so I'm not trying to discourage you....just telling you the things that went through my head when I considered it. Hope that helps.

Posts: 4590 | From Midwest | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hoosiers51
Member # 15759

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hoosiers51     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You might want to break up that long web link, so that my post is easier to read.
Posts: 4590 | From Midwest | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
springshowers
Member # 19863

Icon 1 posted      Profile for springshowers     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I heard of someone who got into a car accident and had to have a full blood transfusion and came out of it cured of their multi vector borne illnesses..

I wish that it was an option... .

I have noticed that there seems to be more protozoan infections left even after treating lyme babs plus others..

I have turned to rife to try to get those last things that the abx seems to have missed..

Have you tried it

Posts: 2747 | From Unites States Of America | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
catskillmamala
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 12536

Icon 1 posted      Profile for catskillmamala     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I regrettably gave blood while sick. I didn't know it at the time- thought the fatigue and joint pain was just normal aging. Now I know I had lyme/babs. So some poor unfortunate soul or souls have received my nasty pathogen-ridden blood.

I have attacked my babesia with 5 months mepron, and rife on 76, 570 and 1584, but it sounds like yours is more entrenched than mine.

Posts: 524 | From Hudson Valley, NY | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GiGi
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 259

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GiGi         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would not expect to be free of any pathogen unless heavy metal toxicity and other problems
(emotional, structural,
allergies at DNA/dysregulations, EMF exposure)
are addressed. Our body is one ecosystem, and all the players have to be addressed before the immune system can step in and bring back the balance. Without that balance chronic problems are difficult to overcome.

You may want to give this a thought. In the years I have listened to people posting on this board and from my own experience I have never seen
it any different. All have to be addressed.

I remember your struggle last summer very clearly
and know that it isn't fun because I have lived it myself.

http://klinghardtneurobiology.com/LymeALookBeyond6.pdf

Best wishes to you and take care.

Posts: 9834 | From Washington State | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sixgoofykids   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh, yeah, I remember! It is hard keeping all the treatments everyone is doing straight, but I do remember you talking about your Germany experience last summer.

I did the treatments in Germany, then continued to treat at home with blood as a nosode. I also used Desbio, but think the blood worked better.

I did tons of detox over the past year, too. Plus KPU and I wear a watch 24/7 that gives off healing frequencies.

I came back probably 50% better than I was and it took time after returning home to reach where I am now. I hope you find that right combination that works for you. [Smile]

--------------------
sixgoofykids.blogspot.com

Posts: 13449 | From Ohio | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement