LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Heading to NYC and have questions

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Heading to NYC and have questions
Limeaid
Member # 22357

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Limeaid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Everyone,

Happy New Year!! I am heading to NY to have my

first appt with an LLMD. I was diagnosed with

Lyme in July of 2009. I received about 2 wks of

Doxy and one month of IV Rocephin. I have had

ongoing symptoms of Lyme and babs, and have lost

almost 25 lbs, daily fevers, nausea, fatigue,

headaches, and tachycardia. I haven't worked in

4 months, and haven't had any energy to do most

anything. It has been very rough as all of you

know. However, the past 10 days I have been

feeling better, except for a severe sinus

infection that is being treated with Levaquin.

I'm sitting here thinking(and hoping) that

maybe things are beginning to turn around for

me. The strange thing is, I haven't been on any

antibiotics since September, so I don't know

exactly why now I am beginning to feel better.

Do you think I should still travel to NY and

see this LLMD? I live in Seattle, so it is

quite a long trip, as well as expensive. I do

have family there, so housing is not a

question. I worry that if I cancel my appt

with him, I will begin to feel horrible again,

Murphy's Law and all. What do you think??

Posts: 84 | From Seattle, WA | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
I see your appointment is for MONDAY in NY with Dr. C. So your flight must be Sat. or Sun. (tomorrow or day after).

It's probably too late to cancel but if you are not up for travel, do what you need to do for your own safety.

In previous threads of yours, you said that when dx in July this past summer you said

" . . . I have been treated since July 09 by an infectious disease doc in Seattle. . . ."

---

Did you seek out the LLMD in Seattle, Dr. K ?

There are also a couple of good ILADS member LL NDs in Seattle. ND is a naturopathic doctor but, being ILADS members, they go beyond what most NDs would do with this.

I wish the the best of luck and ease of travel. If you have not yet done so, call your airline and request "wheelchair service"

One in the airport to call the courtesy phone of your airline and they will send an attendant with a wheelchair to assist you to the gate.

Then, when on the plane, be sure to ask the attendant to radio ahead to be sure that a wheelchair will be waiting for you at the gate. You need to do this with EACH leg of your journey or they may loose your order.

Take care.
-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sixgoofykids   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you are feeling better on Levaquin, I would highly suspect bartonella. Feeling better on Levaquin is a critical piece of information, so be sure to talk to your LLMD about it.

You have great doctors on the West coast, I don't think I'd want to travel to the East coast for treatment ..... just me. Dr. K is in Seattle and so are other practitioners he's trained.

Dr. H is in CA.

But if you have someone East coast you want to try, I understand. I traveled from Ohio to NY myself.

--------------------
sixgoofykids.blogspot.com

Posts: 13449 | From Ohio | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Limeaid
Member # 22357

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Limeaid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for your suggestions!

Keebler, I was given the name of this LLMD in NY

from the employee of my brother who is being

treated by him currently, and holds him in high

regard. I did look into the LLMD's in Seattle,

and discussed with my doc, and he thought the

best thing would be for me to travel to NY.

The good news is,my ID doctor in Seattle has

offered to treat me with what the LLMD in NY

suggests. So hopefully I won't have to travel

back and forth to NY. If things don't work

out, I could change my mind to visit Dr. K in

Seattle.....

Posts: 84 | From Seattle, WA | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
julielynne4
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you're up for the trip, and since you do have it all planned at this point, and also have housing, I say go for it.

Since your ID doctor offered to treat you according to what the LLMD says, I would think that alone would be worth it.

As far as feeling better, I think it's wonderful but the symptoms of lyme and coinfections can come and go in stages. So although you are feeling better, you mentioned many symptoms and if you have this opportunity to get treatment, I would take it.

I wish you the best no matter what you decide! Please update us! Julie

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hoosiers51
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 15759

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hoosiers51     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sounds like the Leavquin is REALLY helping you. And it IS possible that it's helping you that quickly, too.

It sounds like you probably have Bartonella and didn't know it. Levaquin can treat Bart.

Whatever you decide, either way, just realize that there's a good chance this progress is from the Levaquin. If I were you, I'd find someone----this NYC doctor, or a local doctor, that will write a prescription for more Levaquin so that you won't have days off it between.

Because believe it or not, this stuff could really be the key for you, from how it's sounding.

Whatever you decide, glad you are feeling better...and keep up whatever you're doing.

Also, be aware of the risks for tendon damage with Levaquin, and stop if you start to get tendon issues.

Posts: 4590 | From Midwest | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Limeaid
Member # 22357

Thanks for the suggestions everyone! I really

love this board!!

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement