LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Salt/vitamin c protocol

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Salt/vitamin c protocol
Topaz
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 20216

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Topaz     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know there are a lot of threads on this topic but can't find the answer to my question and would appreciate any input.

My llmd recently started me on powdered vitamin c. I've been interested in the salt/c protocol for some time now but had been putting it off.

I take 3/4 teaspoons of vitamin C 2 times per day, once in the morning and once in the evening, for a total of 1 1/2 teaspoons per day.

If I wanted to add in the sea salt and begin the salt/c protocol, how much salt should I begin with? And does it have to be an even ratio of salt/c?

If so, this will be a problem since I'm on a higher dose of vitamin c already and don't want to decrease that dose at this point.

Suggestions or advice?

Posts: 423 | From Upstate NY | Registered: May 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
steelbone
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14014

Icon 1 posted      Profile for steelbone     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would Join lymestadagies group on yahoo- it is totally dedicated to S/C

But if you start on your own go real slow- start with mabe 3 grams of salt and 3 grams of vit c for a week then up it 1 gram per week or so....So 1 gram of each 3 times a day...most people go one for one with salt and C

you MUST use a good quality salt like real salt or hymalan salt

--------------------
All The Best,
Paul
[email protected]

The harder you work the luckier you get!

Posts: 965 | From Nebraska Cornhuskers fan in Massachusetts | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
glm1111
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 16556

Icon 1 posted      Profile for glm1111     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I started with 1/4 tsp sea salt and 1/4 tsp vitamin C per day in a large glass of water. I increased 1/4tsp a day according to how much i was herxing.

Like steelbone says ramp up slowly. I use Real Salt sea salt. I also use Ester C powder with bioflavinoids. I get them both from vitacost.

Hope this is clear,

Gael

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW
RECOGNIZED AS THE NUMBER 1 CO-INFECTION IN LYME DISEASE BY ILADS*

Posts: 6418 | From philadelphia pa | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Topaz
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 20216

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Topaz     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks.

I think I'll hold off then until I run it by my llmd.

He just recently put me on the C and felt it was important that I take the higher dosage right now.

Rather than go against his recommendation and drop down to 1/4 tsp. of the c, I'll wait on it a bit.

Posts: 423 | From Upstate NY | Registered: May 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement