LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Why dont we hear about biotic/colloidal silver as adjunct?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Why dont we hear about biotic/colloidal silver as adjunct?
CD57
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 11749

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CD57     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm reading The 90 Day Immune System Makeover and in it the author touts the benefits of this "amazing broad spectrum antibacterial, antifungal, antiviral". Why not for Lyme and co?
Posts: 3528 | From US | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seibertneurolyme
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 6416

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seibertneurolyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Because it doesn't work.

Hubby had one doc ( a PCP) fire him as patient because he didn't want to do colloidal silver and he didn't want to switch LLMD's.

So we let the next PCP who was 4 hours away convince us to try it. He started with oral colloidal silver and moved on to IV. Did this for about 4 months. He just felt it stirred up his infections and didn't really kill anything.

The tests which show that it kills spiroketes were all done in a test tube -- so may not translate to people.

Hubby used Argentyn 23 which at the time was supposedly the best brand.

Bea Seibert

Posts: 7306 | From Martinsville,VA,USA | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pinelady
Member # 18524

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pinelady     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There is a lot of new research on CS. And the effects of silver on the keets. They know it makes

them immobile and has been used in many studies. We need a lot more research to put it to the best

possible use. Here is a recent article but does not really detail the actions/reactions. But

could thru further studies. Such as does it prevent biofilms and how long after treatment

does it take for them to recoup. I believe this study is flawed in that respect. Just my take.

http://www.jci.org/articles/view/39401

--------------------
Suspected Lyme 07 Test neg One band migrating in IgG region
unable to identify.Igenex Jan.09IFA titer 1:40 IND
IgM neg pos
31 +++ 34 IND 39 IND 41 IND 83-93 +
DX:Neuroborreliosis

Posts: 5850 | From Kentucky | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jkmom
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14004

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jkmom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My daughter's LLMD wants us to use it along with her abx. He says it has antiviral, antibacterial, and antifungal properties.
Posts: 984 | From US | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
steelbone
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14014

Icon 1 posted      Profile for steelbone     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have used a ton of them- The only one that made me herex was mesosilver

--------------------
All The Best,
Paul
[email protected]

The harder you work the luckier you get!

Posts: 965 | From Nebraska Cornhuskers fan in Massachusetts | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CD57
Member # 11749

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CD57     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just traded emails with Dr Garth Nicolson of the mycoplasma institute and he said that CS does not work on intracellular organisms.
Posts: 3528 | From US | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CD57
Member # 11749

But it could work on live 'chetes
GiGi
Member # 259

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GiGi         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Certain colloidal silvers are used effectively today by Dr. K. and others. Check the Klinghardt Derksen Autism protocols on the internet. I used it more than twelve years ago with positive results for Lyme and Company. It works for certain Lyme factors very well. Not having had Lyme for years, I have a bottle in my medicine cabinet for a variety of uses today.

Take care.

Posts: 9834 | From Washington State | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pinelady
Member # 18524

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pinelady     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
GiGi my supplier told me it must be kept in a light proof bottle and a cool place. For those who may not know.

--------------------
Suspected Lyme 07 Test neg One band migrating in IgG region
unable to identify.Igenex Jan.09IFA titer 1:40 IND
IgM neg pos
31 +++ 34 IND 39 IND 41 IND 83-93 +
DX:Neuroborreliosis

Posts: 5850 | From Kentucky | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
grandmother
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 19908

Icon 1 posted      Profile for grandmother     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Because there are so many selling their own brand and, I don't think, it's regulated, it's hard to know who to trust and who isn't a snake oil saleman.

Though they say they're not, usually the ones pushing it are affiliated with those selling it.

I found it to be a waste of money.

Posts: 921 | From CT | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
abigail
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14936

Icon 1 posted      Profile for abigail     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Invive.com posts a letter by Dr. Burgdorfer about its effectiveness. It made me herx, but it is very expensive. I believe this is long battle, and our resources should be conserved if possible. It was great to have though before I could get my hands on some antibiotics.

--------------------
Dying is easy. Living is harder.

Posts: 257 | From owensboro kentucky | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by seibertneurolyme:
[QB] Because it doesn't work.

Some of those products are just money sieves.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hoosiers51
Member # 15759

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hoosiers51     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I took some in the beginning of my illness, and it didn't seem to do much.
Posts: 4590 | From Midwest | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement