LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Low WBC counts and Ehrlichia - Treatment Options???

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Low WBC counts and Ehrlichia - Treatment Options???
disturbedme
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 12346

Icon 4 posted      Profile for disturbedme   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I need your help please.

I've had a low white blood cell count for over 14 years... I've been tested for many things, including a bunch of bone marrow tests and genetic testing that could cause a low wbc and thank God they've been negative.

I need your thoughts on what the best treatment for Ehrlichia is? Any combo's of abx or anything that worked well for you to get your numbers back up?

Please and thanks. This is really important.

--------------------
One can never consent to creep when one feels an impulse to soar.
~ Helen Keller

My Lyme Story

Posts: 2965 | From Land of Confusion (bitten in KS, moved to PA, now living in MD) | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seibertneurolyme
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 6416

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seibertneurolyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The standard treatment for ehrlichia is of course doxycycline. Then if that fails more aggressive treatment would be Rifampin plus either doxycycline or minocycline.

I would probably want to add in eleuthero tincture as discussed in the Buhner book to help the body rebuild the immune system.

Bea Seibert

Posts: 7306 | From Martinsville,VA,USA | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Toppers
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 20083

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Toppers     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yep that combo plus NK-stim a supplement for WBC growth really helped me.
Posts: 501 | From Cleveland Ohio | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
disturbedme
Member # 12346

Icon 1 posted      Profile for disturbedme   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've been on Doxy before, but it never did any good... of course I don't remember how high of a dose. I was also on Rifampin before, but not sure if it was both at the same time.

I'm on Mino right now and have been for over a year, but only in small mg... 50 or 100 once every other day.

--------------------
~ Helen Keller

My Lyme Story

Posts: 2965 | From Land of Confusion (bitten in KS, moved to PA, now living in MD) | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WildCondor
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Make sure the Doxy doses are strong enough!
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I hope you find the answer because you really need to beat this one!!

I agree that the dosage may be the key to the cure.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
disturbedme
Member # 12346

Icon 1 posted      Profile for disturbedme   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, Lyme Too. Not sure what the cause of all this is, but it might be Ehrlichia or just Lyme in general.... who knows.

--------------------
~ Helen Keller

My Lyme Story

FunkOdyssey
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15855

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FunkOdyssey     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think lyme itself can produce the low WBC and that does not necessarily indicate ehrlichia. Especially if you've taken lots of doxycycline already -- I don't think ehrlichia is nearly as difficult to eradicate as the other co-infections.
Posts: 195 | From Manchester, CT | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
disturbedme
Member # 12346

Funk Odyssey - I know lyme can produce a low WBC count but I've asked around and my LLMD tells me that he does see low WBC counts with some lyme patients but not as low as mine. Mine are anywhere from 1.9 - 2.9. The norm is 4.0 - 10.5.

In 14 years (I was bitten around that long ago too), they have never been in the normal range, EVER. Not only that but my other blood cells (RBC and platelets) are low on every other blood test we have done. So I really don't know what to think.

--------------------
~ Helen Keller

My Lyme Story

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement