LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » dr oz said fighting fatigue

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: dr oz said fighting fatigue
street129
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 23472

Icon 1 posted      Profile for street129     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i dont usually what dr oz show, but as i was searching the channel, i came across his show...dr oz said lemon is a fatgue figter, and it will keep you awake if u are dozing off just use lemon...no more lemon in my water...i want to sleep....whattt!!!!!

is he a doctor, nutrionist...what is he ready, who gave him the right to say the things thats he says on tv, anyone knows what degree dr oz has...im just concerned

--------------------
IgM: Neg Neg 34IND 39IND
41+ 83-93IND

IgG: Neg Neg 41+

cfs, hhv6, mycobacterium, hsv1, cmv, pirovirus, and Epstein Barr virus.... digestive system

GOD GIVE IT, AND GOD CAN TAKE IT AWAY

Posts: 655 | From new york | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
Who gave him the right? Well, he is one of the most respected heart surgeons in the country. Yes, he has a degree: M.D. - plus he has done much research on his own to get the cause of heart disease.

He could make a fortune just continuing to operate on patients' hearts but he has many times explained that it just breaks him up to have to do that when diet is often to blame.

True, he's not been very ready to really research lyme and he's sure no expert on lyme - at all --- but Oz has much to say that can save many lives. And, what he has to say can also be supportive for lyme patients since we must do the best we can with excellent self-care.

While I don't agree with everything (I wish he would push to get mercury out of vaccines, etc.) - and some things he suggests may not be right for me at this point in time - this man most definitely not only has a right to "say things on TV" but he is far more educated than most who do so.

He also has a good heart - you can really tell he cares not just about his success but about helping people become and stay as healthy as possible.

I also hope that, someday soon, he will be able to expand his knowledge base regarding the destruction of lyme - and other tick-borne and chronic stealth infections. I think he will see a connection to heart disease. But, for now, this is just not his focus.

No one doctor can know everything. But, giving the guy a break and the freedom to choose his path, I think the information he shares is good for the people of America - and long overdue.

As for more about "just who is he" . . . a search at Google will take you to his background and degrees. That is easily found.

As for lemon water - or anything to help lift fatigue - you obviously would not want to do that in evening hours, then. There is also a difference in a fatigue lifter and other things that are more excitatory - like light in our eyes after 9 or 10 p.m.

Light is far more excitatory than a bit of lemon water at mid-day.
-

[ 03-25-2010, 04:59 PM: Message edited by: Keebler ]

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
canefan17
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 22149

Icon 1 posted      Profile for canefan17     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What Keebler said.

The information he gives the public is 1 billion times better than a local news station or CNN, etc.

At least Oz acknowledges the root of most causes... DIET!

Posts: 5394 | From Houston, Tx | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
massman
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Amen ! Most disease begins with what you put on your plate [Cool]
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
elizzza811
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 24713

Icon 1 posted      Profile for elizzza811     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've watched his show and personally I think most of the information he offers is no-brainer 'generic' stuff. By that I mean he might tell a parent whose child has diarrhea to give him plenty of fluids. Or his advice for constipation might be prune juice. Avoid salt if you have high blood pressure. If your cholesterol is high, don't eat at McD's three times a day.

And he's considered an expert?

Posts: 495 | From USA | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
map1131
Member # 2022

Icon 1 posted      Profile for map1131     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dr Oz's advice is something all of us should be getting from our docs. But rather than spend time explaining and educating the patient....

they write a rx???

Maybe they don't educate us because they aren't educated themselves. Dr Oz has educated himself beyond just medical school.

Pam

--------------------
"Never, never, never, never, never give up" Winston Churchill

Posts: 6478 | From Louisville, Ky | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
elley0531
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9434

Icon 1 posted      Profile for elley0531     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
well what may seem like generic advice to you is still ignored by the masses in general obviously considering the horrendous state of health in this country.

It should be generic info to eat right and take care of yourself and not allow dehydration and use dried fruits to help move your bowels-but still you have people convincing themselves that a grilled chicken sandwich from McDonald's is ok or that laxatives are better than a natural form of bowel movement or skimping on proper hydration during stomach problems and ending up the ER with an IV in your arm.

His advice is sound in general and he offers a decent amount of insight that I wish more people would listen to.

Posts: 594 | From NJ/NY | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
canefan17
Member # 22149

Icon 1 posted      Profile for canefan17     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
elizza,

That's what I respect about him. It's the no-brainer, "generic" stuff that is lost on most people.

If it doesn't have a funky prescription name we don't believe it will work.

Dr. Oz understands how the body works and I commend him for reiterating those "simple" remedies.

I relate it to sports...
I've always said that coaches these days are out-coaching themselves. Keep it simple!!

Basketball and football... they are simple sports. Teach the kids the fundamentals and the rest will take care of itself.

Posts: 5394 | From Houston, Tx | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement