LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » rotation of supplements

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: rotation of supplements
MDW005
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 22706

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MDW005     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I went to my Natural foods Warehouse today.

One of the ladys came out from behind the service desk and asked me if I needed help and what I am healing.

I was in the store for 1 hour with her. A couple things she told me.....

Rotate my Probiotics

Rotate Turmeric

Rotate my freeze dried garlic with oregano force
and grapefruit seed.

She also gave me a recipe for oral hydration solution.

Does her advice seem correct?

on the above supplements she was saying change the brands every month, rotate.

--------------------
God's promises mean you always have something wonderful to look forward to.

Posts: 2150 | From Georgia | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MDW005
Member # 22706

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MDW005     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I looked in Search but came back saying no search found on this topic.

--------------------

Posts: 2150 | From Georgia | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
canefan17
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 22149

Icon 1 posted      Profile for canefan17     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oregano force + grapefruit seed together?

Or rotate all 3 separately?

Posts: 5394 | From Houston, Tx | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MDW005
Member # 22706

she said to take Oregano force and grapefruit seed together. then when I run out of the two go back with garlic by itself. Continue to rotate so the body doesn't buil resistance.

I told her I was afraid of the grapefruit seed

and she said try the oregano with the garlic until I get over my fear.

I will smell like a pizza she stated. LOL

--------------------

canefan17
Member # 22149

Icon 1 posted      Profile for canefan17     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
About how long are you gonna stay on each one?

The garlic for 2 months or so then rotate?

Posts: 5394 | From Houston, Tx | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MDW005
Member # 22706

Well...I was thinkin, I have been on garlic for
approx 3 mos. now. I thought I would try garlic with the oregano for 1 month together and see how I tolerate.

Then take the garlic out and replace with the
grapefruit seed.

I think rotation of every two months sounds good.

Two months garlic then 1 month of the other combo,
then garlic again.

--------------------

Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
Supplements can be vitamins and minerals. Also herbal medicine as a single substance or in a formula (or as part of a protocol). Links here do not address vitamin/mineral supplements, only herbal.

Some NDs say rotate SOMETHING in the protocol every 21 days, with a day off at that time. Some say a day off a week but that is not necessary the best for all or with all infections.

Rotation a very complex subject - very complex. That is why it's best to have a LL ND (naturopathic doctor) who has four years of medical college coursework just in herbal medicine.

It's not just about mapping out rotation on paper, it's about what YOUR body needs at that point in time. It's very individualized. And there are at least hundreds of herbs to consider in the process.

Categories matter, too - not just which ones are antimicrobial and which are supportive but also which are yin and which are yang. This balance is vital to keep in mind and one would not want to pair two yang herbs together without the proper yin balance as that can cause a patient to be overstimulated.

Lyme is a very "yang" infection so more "yin" herbs are used than with other infections. Garlic and Oregano are examples of yang herbs. Andrographis and Coptis are yin herbs.

This book helps to explain a lot. Especially, see the sections on PRINCIPLES and TRADITIONS.

http://oneearthherbs.squarespace.com

The One Earth Herbal Sourcebook (Tillotson, et.al.)

===================

http://www.itmonline.org/arts/understand.htm

UNDERSTANDING CHINESE MEDICINE (Dharmananda)

=================

http://www.itmonline.org/arts/herbintro.htm

AN INTRODUCTION TO CHINESE HERBS (Dharmananda)

=================

http://www.itmonline.org/arts/methprep.htm

THE METHODS OF PREPARATION OF HERB FORMULAS: Decoctions, Dried Decoctions, Powders, Pills, Tablets, and Tinctures (Dharmananda)

==================

http://www.itmonline.org/bag_of_pearls.htm

Book: A Bag of Pearls

http://www.itmonline.org/bop_toc.htm

Table of Contents - the 10-page section "Basics of Chinese Herbal Medicine" is a very good

====================

VERY RELEVANT TO STEALTH INFECTIONS:

This explains how, for thousands of years, infections have been prone to coexistence by taking on a stealth nature (hidden from detection; sneaky). It also speaks to the process of figuring out formulas and rotation:

http://www.classicalchinesemedicine.org/clinicalinfo/downloads/fruehauf_gufinal.pdf

GU SYNDROME: A Forgotten Clinical Approach to Chronic Parasitism

Heiner Freuhauf, Ph.D., L.Ac.
-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MDW005
Member # 22706

canefan... The lady said to only take 2 oreganos a day. I would only start with one and see how you do.

--------------------

canefan17
Member # 22149

cool. thank guys
MDW005
Member # 22706

Thankyou keebler. I have been looking at the links you have posted. so much to learn.

--------------------

MDW005
Member # 22706

I have not started the Oregano force or grapefruit seed yet. I decided to do more research first.

yins and yangs... off the top of anyones head...do you know a good yin to go with freeze dried garlic?

I did switch my probiotic to a whole food probiotic. and termeric to a different brand.

--------------------

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement