LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » This is way out of the box but just wondering

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: This is way out of the box but just wondering
jasek
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 12395

Icon 5 posted      Profile for jasek     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is anyone familiar with Reiki? Also how about Zero Point Energy Wand? I had an experience with both today and was curious since I'm willing to try anything to feel better, even if it means standing on my head for 24 hr.....so anyone? Feedback please...
Posts: 161 | From midwest | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
springshowers
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 19863

Icon 1 posted      Profile for springshowers     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love Reiki. That along with any other modality such as that and meditation can be a very powerful tool if you can get treatments or if you can get trained by someone very talented or if you were born with such a gift.

It takes a lot of practice and believing in the energy that is around us and includes us and that we have the power to manipulate that energy for the better.

It can be very supportive and also help you go from one level to the next in treatment or even skip a few or all of them.. depending.

This seems to have a lot of personal variables and not variables in the actual concept so each person responds differently.

I have a tough time keeping up on what it takes to make it ongoing and effective.

But I have had some wonderful experiences with it.

Can be costly too if you want to be treated by one of those who has a unique and powerful gift.

Posts: 2747 | From Unites States Of America | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
Reiki can be very helpful as an adjunct treatment - just as massage can be - but it is not going to cure lyme.

I had several Reiki sessions from a couple different practitioners over the span of a couple years. It was nice but when it really didn't work all that well, or hold, words were said to me that implied I was not allowing myself to be healed. At that time, it was devastating to me. Absolutely devastating.

So, if one does pursue this, yes, having a positive attitude, relaxing and feeling the energy moving is good. But, it will not cure lyme. Find out up front what the philosophy is of whomever is going to work with you - whatever the modality.

A good practitioner will not pile on the pressure or judgement. One should feel much better, more relaxed - and that should last a few days, at least. I found it helpful for letting muscles relax - and to help "unstick" a sense of liver congestion.

It can also have some nice emotional release as the body is relaxing. We hold so much in and this is an excellent help with stress reduction.
-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GiGi
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 259

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GiGi         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Experienced the Zero Point Energy Wand and am seriously thinking of getting it.

I am sure Reiki is very beneficial. I tried it at the outset of Lyme. But the silly lady had all these smelly oils in the room that turned me off like a poison would. So I lost my gusto for Reiki. Both are great support when the body is hurting!

Take care.

Posts: 9834 | From Washington State | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jasek
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 12395

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jasek     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Keebler, I would never suggest Reiki as a cure. No one I have ever worked with has suggested that. I always say up front I am 4th stage neuro lyme. They would have a big arguement from me if they ever said that. I just try and use anything that helps to ease my pain emotionally, spiritually, and physically. If it doesn't work I move on. I have no illusions, I'm trying for The energy wand does interest me quality of life. I don't believe in a cure.

The zero point energy wand has me curious. Since it was used on me I have had two better days. That's longer than I thought it would be, so great. The next time they offer it for free, I'll be there.

Posts: 161 | From midwest | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement