LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Still + for Mycoplasma and Chlaymydia Pneumoniae!!!!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Still + for Mycoplasma and Chlaymydia Pneumoniae!!!!
tickled1
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 14257

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tickled1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm still testing positive for these after treating (on and off) for over 2 yrs. Anyone else have experience with this?

I also was positive for Lyme (not CDC but Igenex) and Bart is suspected. Babs was also suspected but I did some Mepron last year and my lung symptoms are better

Posts: 2541 | From Northeast | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ping
Member # 6974

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ping     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
laura, I have experience with the myco. Mines over 600 and my doc and I think I got it while I was in the hospital last year (appendicitis).

Don't have experience w/chlamydia. Maybe someone will come along with more info.

--------------------
ping
"We are more than containers for Lyme"

Posts: 1302 | From Back in TX again | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sutherngrl
Member # 16270

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sutherngrl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am interested in this because my LLMD thinks that with all the treatment I have had (2 years also), that those co-infections should be gone.

I also tested for systemic strep in the beginning and he said all the zith I took for 4 months would have gotten rid of that.

I am asking for at least the systemic strep to be re-tested at my next appt, since I think that is a reliable test.

My theory, or at least a possible theory is that once I become completely rid of the lyme, that some co's such as myco would clear on their own. I think they hang in there because of the lyme.

Also my doc has me on long term doxy now, which is a treatment for lyme and several co's. He wants me on it for 6 months after I am symptom free. So hopefully that will take care of most of it.

The only improvement I have really had has been after taking doxy long term. 10 months so far.

Posts: 4035 | From Mississippi | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tickled1
Member # 14257

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tickled1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I MUST clarify. I do not have chlamydia but chlamydia pneumoniae. Not an STD(LOL!)
Posts: 2541 | From Northeast | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ping
Member # 6974

Icon 10 posted      Profile for ping     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
LOL! Yes, Laura, I understand that you don't have an STD. Sorry, didn't mean to give you that impression...Maybe my spelling?

sutherngrl - Have you had a myco test? I was fine, until the hospital got hold of me... The high end of the test range is 100.

--------------------
ping
"We are more than containers for Lyme"

Posts: 1302 | From Back in TX again | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blackstone
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9453

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blackstone     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just out of curiosity, what tests came back positive for CPN and Mycoplasma? Standard Quest/Labcorps assays, or specialty labs? Also, which Mycoplasma variants did you test and which came back positive?

As far as CPN is concerned, it requires phased therapies targeting different forms of its life cycle. I could explain it all, but cpnhelp.org has a lot of good info. Much like toxoplasmosis, it is an oft-overlooked infection that many people are underinformed about. However, with proper treatment neither of them are difficult to cure in and of themselves, I've found.

Mycoplasmas are tricky and it depends a lot on which you test positive for. Admittedly, there's no real "standard of care" for them at this point, but a lot of the antibiotics used to treat Lyme also are known to attack mycoplasmas.

My opinion regarding sequenced treatment is that treating for "one thing at a time" with complex vector-borne pathogens like these is not a good idea. The entire load of the pathogens together stresses the immune system, and we only have limited knowledge on the symbiotic effects between the infections themselves. Some doctors say "treat for X first and Y, Z, and Q will resolve themselves", and I don't believe it is that simple for most people. Throw autoimmune issues into the mixed, damaged/stressed systems, and possibly genetic issues, and the picture becomes even more clouded. Thus, I suggest treating with therapies that hit as many of your known and suspected positives as is safe.

Posts: 690 | From East coast, USA | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
farraday
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 21494

Icon 1 posted      Profile for farraday     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My LLMD said that the Bicillin shots would handle the CPn as well as lyme and related infections. After 6 months of weekly shots I am a little bit improved, but not as much as I would like.

I may have to go to IV antibiotics. But he assures me that all bacterial infections will be treated. And I think he is right, because of my positive response to the IV's I had in 2003....they did work. But I relapsed.

--------------------
DOCTOR: "I don't think you are sick."
PATIENT: "We are all entitled to our opinions. I don't think you are a doctor."

Posts: 697 | From Northern California | Registered: Jul 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hoosiers51
Member # 15759

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hoosiers51     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I test positive for mycoplasma pnuemonia from both mainsteam labs like Quest, while in the midst of continuous longterm therapy with things like Zithromax, and specialty labs like MDL.

In both cases, it was IgM positive. Hmmm...sounds familiar....sounds like my dang western blot!

It is frustrating. It's like, what the hell to I have to do to make it go away?

Also, the m.pneu was positive through Quest after over a year of Doxy/Zith continuous. So screw the theory that it takes a year to treat. I think it'll go away when I'm no longer so dang sick.

Yes, I am frustrated. Can you tell? I try not to think about it.

Posts: 4590 | From Midwest | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
asummers
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 18068

Icon 1 posted      Profile for asummers     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
laura j -- you mentioned your lungs...after 15 months of abx tx, i am 90% better. but when i breathe, i feel like i have a little bronchitis in my lungs. i have told my drs that i think i have an infection in there (which i think is lyme & co-infections).

anyhoo -- i have never been tested for myco, strep or the non-std chlamydia, but i feel that i might be dealing with these things.

i am thinking about asking my doctor to test me for these things.

so that's why i ask about your lungs...what co-infection is causing you discomfort in the lung area.

i am treating babs with mepron, zith, flagyl, art & larium.

Posts: 379 | From Sydney, Australia | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tickled1
Member # 14257

I think Babs was probably causing most of my lung symptoms since it hasn't come back so far since doing the Mepron.

I'm trying to remember and I think at that time I was on a bunch of stuff w/the Mepron. I think I was also on artemisia, bicillin injections, biaxin, plaquenil, erythromycin and grapefruit seed extract. Yes, I know that's a lot. I had to back off. Thought I was going to die.

I only did about a month of the Mepron/Art and wasn't up to the full dosage till the end of that month. Hope it doesn't come back to haunt me. I'm going to ask kindly that nobody tell me that wasn't enough. I don't want to dwell on that and will cross that bridge if I come to it. I could only complete that amount of time as I had to back off all meds b/c I was too sick to handle it, then I couldn't try it again b/c I lost that LLMD and the next wouldn't revisit the Mepron. Was told by that one that the amount I did was enough.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement