LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Ivermectin - Feel toxic, shooting pains... I'm done.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Ivermectin - Feel toxic, shooting pains... I'm done.
Wolfed Out
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 23727

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wolfed Out     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I did a 3-day course of Ivermectin at 3mg per day in the morning or afternoon on an empty stomach.

I felt terrific the first day I was on Ivermectin. Whether that has to be a coincidence I can't verify.

The last 2 days haven't been good at all. I'm really dizzy and off-balance, and feel toxic. Just straight ill.

I did pass what looked like little rice in my stool, like Blinkie had mentioned.

My skin is a little better, but they may be because I add a couple new supplements at the same time:

B-5 Pantothenic Acid
Ioderal (Iodine/Iodide supplement)
ReginMAX (For skin)

Overall, I don't see the benefit from treating them at this point. I suffer enough with Lyme and Co, so need to take a step back and reevaluate treating again later if necessary.

Moving on to Rifampin...

Posts: 829 | From MD | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Remember to Smile
Unregistered

Icon 14 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Little rice" was the segments of nematodes (like tapeworms). You done good! [Smile]
Must be refreshing to feel your skin revitalized, too. Are you brushing your skin? Supposed to go in a prescribed direction, but I can't recall now... [confused]

Sorry you've been having the dizzyies. Hate that. Hard to feel competent when one walks like a drunk at midday...

Why did you chose to take Ivermectin on an empty stomach? Is that "as directed"?

Be glad you evicted some nematodes!
[woohoo]

If you pass any more segments, try to save a few in a glass jar. Most veterinary offices could identify them for you quickly, and probably at no charge if you just walked in and made it like a fun, odd challenge to some young vet techs. It'd make their day. (Yes, I'm serious.)

We also need baby-food jars of passed parasites to provide as "party favors" to all the children & grandkids of IDSA members when they get off the ferry from Plum Dumb Island Adventure Theme Parka after a day of tickly fun. Doesn't need to be organic baby food; these kids are used to the GMO stuff. If we don't get enough jars by Memorial Day weekend, those little Guideliners will probably harass the poor chicken that TuTu's been keeping vector-free for so long.

Anything you can pass would be appreciated. [Razz]

Wishing you a more balanced evening,
Smile

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
glm1111
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 16556

Icon 1 posted      Profile for glm1111     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dr K. treats all of his patients for parasites and worms first and makes that a priority before he goes after the other infections.

The parasites protect the bacteria and when you get rid of them, the other infections are easier to get at. Symptoms for parasites can be very similar to Lyme symptoms.

Sounds like you are making progress with the Ivermectin. If you don't want to continue that, then consider some antiparasitic herbs. I really urge you to continue going after the parasites so you can get well sooner.

Why would you stop when you are just starting to see results? Getting rid of parasites can cause some harsh symptoms when they start dying, just like the herx from Lyme.

Gael

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW
RECOGNIZED AS THE NUMBER 1 CO-INFECTION IN LYME DISEASE BY ILADS*

Posts: 6418 | From philadelphia pa | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ping
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 6974

Icon 14 posted      Profile for ping     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by glm1111:
Sounds like you are making progress with the Ivermectin. If you don't want to continue that, then consider some antiparasitic herbs. I really urge you to continue going after the parasites so you can get well sooner.

Why would you stop when you are just starting to see results? Getting rid of parasites can cause some harsh symptoms when they start dying, just like the herx from Lyme.

Gael

You also might want to ask your doc if you can cut the dose a bit and see if that keeps you from feeling so toxic. Gotta say honestly though, if you're really doing the job, it's going to feel pretty bad for a time. Might want to try it for a while longer and see if some of the dizziness clears up...

Yes, those little pieces of rice ARE worms, so it's working for you.

Best to you.

--------------------
ping
"We are more than containers for Lyme"

Posts: 1302 | From Back in TX again | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
blinkie
Member # 14470

Icon 1 posted      Profile for blinkie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just started another three day course of ivermectin and passing more rice-looking things. I thought two weeks of this stuff was enough?

If your skin is improving, you are on the right track. I remember I felt dizzy and nasueas the first few days too. But, very mildly and nothing I could not handle.

Keep on trucking...this treatment is necassary.

Posts: 1104 | From N.California | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymeboy
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow ....this is both disgusting and fascinating. What kind of infection do these parasites come along with? Are all Lyme patients infected with Rice worms? YUCK!
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
linky123
Member # 19974

Icon 1 posted      Profile for linky123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I did a ten day course of it. It was difficult, but worth it. Lots of lower abdominal pain and ended up with a kidney infection in the end.

The md said the parasites leave the intestine looking for a place to die. Guess something ended up in my kidney and burped up some e-coli.

They did not go quietly, but they did finally go. It was tough, but I'm glad I stuck with it. Detox and tx goes much better once the parasites are dealt with.

Best of luck. You can do it.

--------------------
'Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.' Matthew 11:28

Posts: 2607 | From Hooterville | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LymeXtu
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 24590

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LymeXtu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just wondering how your skin has improved?

Or what problems have you had with your skin?

Posts: 448 | From minnesota | Registered: Feb 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TerryK
Member # 8552

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TerryK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You probably felt bad after a day or two due to die off.

I've been pulsing albenza for a very long time and just the past few times I've had very few symptoms. The first few times I took it, my liver swelled up so much that I could barely walk. It can take a long time to get rid of all parasitic worms.

I think many people have parasites and don't know it. Doctors in the U.S. are mostly ignorant of them and think they are a problem in other countries but not here.

Terry

Posts: 6286 | From Oregon | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
glm1111
Member # 16556

Icon 1 posted      Profile for glm1111     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here are some more fascinating photos of a Filarial Worm infection. Burgdorfer found Adult Filarial Worms in the ticks he dissected.

I have witnessed these first hand after doing 6 months of antiparasitic herbs and then salt/c.

www.lymephotos.com

Gael

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW
RECOGNIZED AS THE NUMBER 1 CO-INFECTION IN LYME DISEASE BY ILADS*

Posts: 6418 | From philadelphia pa | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement