LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » IV rocephin for 9 1/2 mos, now severe fatigue.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: IV rocephin for 9 1/2 mos, now severe fatigue.
keltyl
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14050

Icon 1 posted      Profile for keltyl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have been on IV rocephin for 9 1/2 mos, had my picc out not qite 2 weeks ago. Now I have such fatigue I can't stand it.

Just doesn't seem right to me. I didn't respond to orals, but had a little response (not great), with the rocephin.

I was CDC positive for Lyme also. Have some co's, Qfever, and many viruses. According to my LD, the abx should help them also. And if you treat Lyme they can go away.(viruses)

What is wrong with me!!!

Posts: 847 | From upstateNY | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sammy
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 13952

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sammy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
keltyl, I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing more fatigue. Did you transition to an oral antibiotic when you stopped the Rocephin? Any new herbs or supplements? How's your sleep?

It's frustrating not to feel well when you've tried so hard.

Posts: 5237 | From here | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kim812
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 17644

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kim812     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was on Rocephin also for 9 months since I also had no response to oral abx. I also did bicillin 3X weekly which did nothing.

Fatigue was and is my worse problem. The rocephin at the time made it even worse. I am not sure what to tell you except that I felt much worse the entire time I was on abx.. mostly felt like I was going to die, horrendous fatigue, sick feeling and lastly huge yeast problems. I have been totally off abx for a year and my body feels so much better.

I can totatlly sympatize with the fatigue since I am still battling it almost 6 years now. I honestly feel the Lyme is gone but for some reason the fatigue is still here...so for me I believe something else is causing it.

Posts: 343 | From North Carolina | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TerryK
Member # 8552

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TerryK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry the rocephin made you so much more fatigued. I also have terrible fatigue and it got much worse with IM shots of generic rocephin. I also got more depressed.

I've read of others who noticed a big increase in fatigue and someone here said that their nurse told them that even non-lyme patients get more fatigue with rocephin. I haven't figured that out yet but I'm going on IV some months down the road and am looking for answers to this mystery.

It took a number of months but I finally recovered from the fatigue and depression to pre-IM levels. I also had a huge decrease in pain with the use of IM rocephin so I know it was hitting the infection.

The best thing that I can think of to tell you is to make sure you have binders on board to clean up neurotoxins from the die off, heavy metal binders due to release of heavy metals with die off and drainage remedies such as pekana drainage pack in order to remove cellular debri from die off. Those are the things that have helped me tremendously because I have the genetics such that it is difficult for me to get rid of borrelia toxins.

Hang in there, you will feel better after a time as long as you get the toxins out. Some people don't need the extra help to get them out
(except for heavy metals), just time. Others need the binders or their recovery is very slow or not at all.

Terry
I'm not a doctor

[ 06-28-2010, 03:58 PM: Message edited by: TerryK ]

Posts: 6286 | From Oregon | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sparkle7
Member # 10397

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sparkle7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't believe that abx can treat viruses. If the viruses or possibly the newly discovered XMRV (retrovirus) is causing your fatigue - you may need to look for other answers.

Some people here think Lyme, Fibromyalgia, CFS, etc. are the same thing. I believe that there are many different causes to our illness. It's not all only Lyme. If the antibiotics don't work, you have to look at other ways to get well. You may need to treat many different things such as parasites, co-infections, toxins, etc.

Posts: 7772 | From Northeast, again... | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
keltyl
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14050

Icon 1 posted      Profile for keltyl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks all for your replies. I did feel a little better while on the rocephin, but not the orals. i was worried about getting worse once I stopped.

Terry besides the Pekana drops, can you give me more examples? I do have questran, detoxamin supps, and Zeolite HP. I have gotten anxiety and depression when taking these b/f, but maybe that's normal.

My doc says I'm doing alot of detox with alpha lipoic acid, B12 shots, and some other supps. But somehow, I don't feel it's enough.

Posts: 847 | From upstateNY | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
keltyl
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14050

Sparkle...I do think that too, it's just getting through to my LD. I have not let up on the parasite thing. At my last appoint seems they may be deciding to treat parasites.

I have always thought viruses (have many) were a major problem for me. He seems to think once you treat the Lyme, they take care of themselves. I think that is a major problem for me.

I have asked to be tested for KPU and XMRV. I won't let up on that either.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement