LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » I am starting to remove my amalgams on Sept. 5th

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: I am starting to remove my amalgams on Sept. 5th
BackinStOlaf
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 23725

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BackinStOlaf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have an appt with my doc on aug 3rd to discuss the chelation and I also just clicked into the AI thread and am utterly confused and don't know where to start!
There are so many pages and I can't concentrate.

Anything I can read that explains it in a few pages?

[ 07-19-2010, 01:20 PM: Message edited by: BackinStOlaf ]

--------------------
First Symptom 9/09
Multiple docs, negative Labcorp test
LLMD: 1/10
Positive Igenex/CDC test
Treatment 2/10
2/10-8/10 Amox, ceftin, zith, flagyl
Currently: Bicillin, Minocycline, still dealing with severe breathing issues

-

Posts: 1121 | From New York, New York | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
NMN
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 11007

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NMN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had both my amalgams out last month and intend to chelate according to Andy Cutler. There seems to be many ways to chelate but its a delicate operation and must be done carefully.

Dr. Dietrich Klinghardt has some great info on how metals interact with bacteria, one harbouring the other.

Cutlers protocol is basically 100 mg or DMSA and 100mg ALA every 4 hours for 4 days a week. You must strictly take it day and night during this period in order to stop the metals being redistrabuted around the body.

I would use plenty of chlorella at all times through this. I would also use cilantro tincture about 15 drops before bed according to Dr Klinghard.

This is the protocol I will be using , I am just waiting on my chelators to arrive in the post, Xymogen - Chelex formula has the right amounts of DMSA and ALA for chelation as well as some other usful ingredients such as garlic extract and EDTA(which is not absrbed well orally by the way).

hope this is useful. I will post my experiences.

--------------------
Pos BB and Bart(Q & H IGG pos)
Began treat 1 year after start of illness. Diagnosed Feb 2007.

Posts: 648 | From Ireland | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
NMN
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 11007

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NMN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.totaldiscountvitamins.com/product/36885/xymogen

Heres where you can purchase the Chelex

--------------------

Posts: 648 | From Ireland | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
NanaDubo
Member # 14794

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NanaDubo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
BackinStOlaf - I know the AI thread can be daunting.

Basically it deals with inherited DNA errors and the dysregulations found in the body.

After years of organ systems not knowing how to work together and the immune system no longer knowing what it should be attacking and what it shouldn't be, complete chaos is the result along with chronic disease.

99% of us on that thread had test results that showed our bodies did not even recognize most heavy metals as toxic and so had very high levels of contamination due to them recirculating. If the body doesn't recognize it, it stores it away somewhere or just keeps moving it around.

For me, that it why any attempt at "chelating" was impossible and painful.

Same for foods. Many are tagged as the "enemy" when that does not need to be the case. It can start with a wheat allergy which contributes to leaky cut. Then the thousands of chemicals we are introduced to daily that our bodies don't recognize and don't know what to do with. Not necessarily the dairy or eggs that people become allergic to, but the wheat the animals are fed and the chemicals.

AI addresses the wheat allergy and the gut can heal over time. It also addresses the "incorrect" identification of other foods, metals, and chemicals. The body begins to recognize friend from foe.

I completed the therapy 6 months ago after 11 rounds of drops (over a year). I no longer have any food allergies, my gut is healing and the metals are leaving on their own without the use of chelators.

The only things I am taking now are minerals to build up the loss of the good ones, organ support from time to time and binders when metals are on the move.

Hope that helps.

Posts: 1129 | From Maine | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BackinStOlaf
Member # 23725

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BackinStOlaf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
NanaDubo- that sounds interesting. Where do you get the drops from and how did you learn how to use them and which ones to use?

NMN- thanks for the info. I WISH I had 2 amalgams. I have about 16-18 :/

That is why this whole process is so scary to me. Like, how can I chelate after removing a few at a time, if I will still have many in my mouth.

Utterly confused and will discuss with my doc next week

--------------------
First Symptom 9/09
Positive Igenex/CDC test
Treatment 2/10

-

Posts: 1121 | From New York, New York | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
canefan17
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 22149

Icon 1 posted      Profile for canefan17     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wouldn't obsess about metal removal.

The more gentle the better.

Guys like Cutler know a ton about chelating... but I'm betting if they could do it all over again they wouldn't take the aggressive approaches they take. Some wouldn't mes with it at all.

Many have destroyed their kidneys and fried their brains in the process.

Just go slow and help support the body during removal (the body DOES remove metals on it's own. Sometimes just needs a little jump start)

Posts: 5394 | From Houston, Tx | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
NanaDubo
Member # 14794

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NanaDubo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
BackinStOlaf - the drops come from Germany - Allergie-Immun. You don't choose which ones, they are made specifically for you.

Look at English version on Allergie-Immun.de

You just send a saliva sample and the equivalent of 375 Euro (price might be different now) through paypal for the entire thing, whether it's 5 rounds of drops or 25 rounds.

It's all on the website.

Posts: 1129 | From Maine | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
steelbone
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14014

Icon 1 posted      Profile for steelbone     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Glad to see your having them removed BackinStOlaf

I had 7 fillings replaced and two root canals pulled in one sitting. It was pretty easy

So glad i had it done...

I went to the same dentist as Nana [Smile]

Hi NANA

--------------------
All The Best,
Paul
[email protected]

The harder you work the luckier you get!

Posts: 965 | From Nebraska Cornhuskers fan in Massachusetts | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BackinStOlaf
Member # 23725

Did those of you who had the fillings replaced test for bio-compatible materials first?

My dentist sends blood to a lab for $300 and they tell you what is safe for you. But she says that they noticed that there are a few materials that NO ONE EVER comes back with a problem with.

So she said it is up to me. Since I am paying out of pocket for my lyme treatment, $300 is A LOT for me. :/

--------------------
First Symptom 9/09
Positive Igenex/CDC test
Treatment 2/10

-

NMN
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 11007

I don't get it. Why would you need that? Do you mean the composites they put in??
As long as its not mercury....
I would not bother. The most important things where the rubber damn and suction.

--------------------

NanaDubo
Member # 14794

I was tested for compatible materials (dozens). Some composite materials can be quite toxic to one and not to another.
steelbone
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14014

Icon 1 posted      Profile for steelbone     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When it comes to the dentist me and Nana are twins..

--------------------
All The Best,
Paul
[email protected]

Posts: 965 | From Nebraska Cornhuskers fan in Massachusetts | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BackinStOlaf
Member # 23725

NMN: yes, they test the composites to see what your body will react to. Imagine I redo 18 fillings only to find I am allergic to the new material as well- OY!!

--------------------
First Symptom 9/09
Positive Igenex/CDC test
Treatment 2/10

-

Myco
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9536

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Myco     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
DO NOT DO THIS!!!

You will expose yourself to more metals in the process (no matter what kind of mask they use) and the porcelain or white fillings LEAK and will CRACK. Dentists know this.

Had all mine taken out (12) properly and did proper detox and my fillings have slowly cracked over the years. No matter who does them THIS WILL HAPPEN.

We are exposed on a daily basis to more mercury in the environment than we ever will by our teeth. Mercury fillings leak only in the first few months they are filled and it is a different kind of mercury.

I listened to my biological dentist and others and looking back it was a mistake.

Antibiotics got me well, not removing the mercury fillings. I was dreadfully sick when I had them taken out.

Don't waste your money or risk the health consequences of leaky fillings - you may have to root canal those teeth in the future.

THINK BEFORE YOU ACT.

Posts: 770 | From USA | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
steelbone
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14014

I think removing root canals are more important.

When i saw dr jernigan he said i couldnt get well because the root canals where harbouring the bacteria.

Well when my root canals where pulled they where full of bacteria.

Just a thought if u have root canals

--------------------
All The Best,
Paul
[email protected]

NMN
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 11007

indeed. Maybe just take the safest ones she recommends instead of testing. I got 2 replaced and one new one for less than 300 Euros. I think I did well. Best of luck.

--------------------

BackinStOlaf
Member # 23725

Myco: What do you mean it is a different kind of Mercury? As far as I know, all Mercury is harmful.

steelbone: I don't have any root canals but if they are no good, then what happens if you don't get one? You have to lose the tooth? What is the other option?

--------------------
First Symptom 9/09
Positive Igenex/CDC test
Treatment 2/10

-

TS96
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14048

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TS96     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
BackinStOlaf,

This is just a thought. Do you know what EAV testing is?

Some EAV practiioners can test for dental compatability. Call and ask. THey should have either samples or something already programmed in to see if you agree with it.

If they have nothing to test ask your denstist for samples to take. I did this and I also did the blood test. IT was pretty accurate for me.

It would be cheaper than 300.

--------------------
Bart Henslea 1976
Fibro/CFS/arthritis 2004
Lyme diagnosed 2007
3 1/2 years treatment with oral combos, Cowden, IV roc. BW herbs. Off all abx in 12/10. Feeling good.

Posts: 647 | From NY | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement