LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Pregnant.....

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Pregnant.....
avanzb310
Member # 27197

Icon 1 posted      Profile for avanzb310     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi...

I have had lyme since 2005. I was bitten right after my daughter was born, and no doctor would test me because i didnt have the rash. It went untreated and i was very sick for a few years, couldnt walk, pain, thyroid issues, heart issues, lung issues...etc. finally after no one could figure out what was wrong with me a nurse suggested i test for lyme, then i said "I was bit years ago and no one tested and i forgot omg!" it was positive. i found and llmd and was treated about 2 years ago, and my pain has vanished. I only have heel pain, which im not sure is even related. I had babesiosis which was treated with z pack and mepron which worked.

I am pregnant now. I had one miscarriage in may, and then 2 weeks after that we got pregnant again. (much to our surprise, but we are happy). I am on amoxicillin 875mg once a day (supposed to be BID but i cut down because i only have enough for a one week supply and im trying to make it last two weeks so my llmd can talk to my primary so she will agree to call it in. my insurance doenst cover my llmd so it wont cover the med.)I got my test results back and babesia looks high again. not overly so, its right on the number, but it came back up out of range. now im worried, i am pregnant and very scared. I dont want to lose this baby. I cant get in touch with my llmd i really need her to talk to me about this but she is so busy i guess she doesnt have time. i just want to know is there anyone who was pregnant with babesia and was treated? i feel normal during this pregnancy, like i did with my others. but now im scared and no one can give me any answers. Anything would be appreciated, thanks!

Posts: 5 | From VT | Registered: Jul 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
supergirl
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 26936

Icon 1 posted      Profile for supergirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would absolutely find another LLMD asap! The moderator of this forum has a national list. CONGRATULATIONS! I feel happy for you. I was trying to get pregnant before I got sick. Don't know when I was bitten. Will not try again until I'm certain I am recovered.

sending care your way...

--------------------
PHOENIX: mythical bird that rises from the ashes
July '09 got sick very quickly could barely get out of bed - ND diag lymes.. and the journey began
bite: unkown - no rash

Posts: 248 | From private | Registered: Jul 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
avanzb310
Member # 27197

Icon 1 posted      Profile for avanzb310     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just dont have the energy to find another llmd lol. i am just so tired everyday. I thought i was recovered, had no symptoms for 2 years, only had one band come up...babesia was negative...now to have two bands and babesia positive. i really need to talk to my llmd...i havent heard from her in 2 weeks.
Posts: 5 | From VT | Registered: Jul 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LymeAware
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 26195

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LymeAware     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi, I'm sorry I don't have any answers, but I wanted to let you know about the blog at:

http://lymepregnancy.blogspot.com/

The blogger there, Sara, has lyme and just (in the last week) gave birth to her baby boy. She has been blogging through the pregnancy about her experiences, so you might appreciate reading some of her archives, or emailing her.

I don't know if she has babesia or not...just thought I'd share though.

Good luck!

Posts: 232 | From Oregon | Registered: May 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sixgoofykids   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by supergirl:
The moderator of this forum has a national list.

Lymenet does not have "official" lists, but many members have lists they share. The way to get a doctor referral is to post in "seeking a doctor" forum. Thanks.

--------------------
sixgoofykids.blogspot.com

Posts: 13449 | From Ohio | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sixgoofykids   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My insurance covered my meds even though it did not cover my LLMD, are you sure your meds won't be covered?

Good luck. I'm sorry I don't have any answers. I'm glad you're feeling well though during your pregnancy.

--------------------
sixgoofykids.blogspot.com

Posts: 13449 | From Ohio | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
avanzb310
Member # 27197

no my meds wont be. normally they are, my pcp called in a weeks worth of the exact same med (she doesnt believe in treating longer than that so ill be out soon) and it was covered completely. so i got a weeks worth of the same exact med/dosage that was covered. idk why i think its pretty stupid lol.

I will check out that blogspot!

WhitneyS
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 25666

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WhitneyS     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You need to have someone help you get a new LLMD and you or someone needs to be calling your current LLMD every day and leaving messages. I know youre tired, but this is SUPER important if you have any energy at all you should use it for this. Congrats on the baby, so exciting!
Posts: 844 | From CA | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WildCondor
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh gosh, you have to be treated throughout your pregnancy to protect the baby from getting Lyme. You have to get to a good LLMD, not just anyone, but one who treats patients regularly and has had babies delivered Lyme free.a PCP is not going to cut it, nor is cutting your dose down because you dont have enough. You have to get your blood levels of Amoxicillin tested weekly to make sure the dose is high enough. Usually IV is used during pregnancy as it is more effecvtive. Bicillin is another option to Amoxicillin. In any case, please do not under treat this. If you do it right you should have no problems and a Lyme free baby. The babesia is a concern and a good LLMD should be able to treat you regardless.
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
onbam
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Check out the link in my signature. Antibiotics ABSOLUTELY MUST BE TAKEN AT THE CORRECT DOSES throughout the pregnancy. Will PM you with suggestions.

Google Burrascano guidelines. The reason your doctor doesn't know these things is because there's a government coverup of the realities of the disease. Check out lymecryme.com, underourskin.com and undertheightball.com to learn what's going on behind the scenes.

You really need to do whatever it takes to get adequate treatment.

I have no idea if you can take these herbs while pregnant, but this study seems promising (the researcher is one of the best we have.)

http://www.townsendletter.com/July2010/sapi0710.html

NOTE: a swiss researcher, martin sievers, concluded that Samento in fact made Lyme worse. So the jury's still out on that herb. Again, I have NO idea if you can take these while pregnant. Maybe e-mail an obgyn, sapi, and the manufacturer f you decide to use them at all?

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dali
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 24458

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dali     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
See an LLMD...find out your best options and treat your body well during pregnancy...congratulations!

I had undiagnosed Lyme and Babesia for 15 years and was lucky enough to get pregnant and have a healthy child, who will soon be 8 years old.

However, I do believe that it would have been better to be under medical care as the pregnancy did take a toll on my body-I just had no idea what was going on, and my discomforts were all dismissed as being related solely to my pregnancy.

Take the best care of yourself, as you have many happy years ahead to be a great mom.

By the way, 8 years later, my daughter is perfectly healthy-I was finally diagnosed when she was 2 years old, had treatment and have relapsed this past year. I fully recommend keeping your body in the best health possible!
Blessings-you can do it!

Posts: 172 | From ohio | Registered: Feb 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
avanzb310
Member # 27197

thanks everyone [Smile] i feel great, i have no lyme symptoms, and on my recent test, i have only bands 41 and 23. i am negative on one of the lyme AB tests. Babesia is 1:20. everything else is non reactive. maybe slowly my body is getting rid of this?

my llmd is just not getting back to me. she is super busy, but its been weeks and i do email her everyday...she doesnt do phone, only email. Well, i guess ill just keep doing what i can....if i can only take half, thats all i can do its better than nothing. My llmd is a treater, no matter what so she is very very good, but unfortunately does not get back to me.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement