LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » ILADS meeting

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: ILADS meeting
timaca
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 6911

Icon 1 posted      Profile for timaca     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The conference program schedule is now online:

http://ilads.org/lyme_programs/online_conference_registration.pdf

Dr. Montoya,from Stanford, will be giving his perspective on Viral Induced CFS on Saturday morning. I respect his work a great deal, so it should be an interesting talk for those interested in viruses and are able to attend.

Best, Timaca

Posts: 2872 | From above 7,000 ft in a pine forest | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mojo
Member # 9309

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mojo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I went last year and it was great. I'd love to go every year.
Posts: 1761 | From USA | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hadlyme
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6364

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hadlyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Looking at the line up of speakers it looks like a wealth of knowledge under one roof.
Wish I lived out there to attend it. Both llmd's that I've had will be speaking.
Wonder if things are posted as far as the info they will be sharing... like after it is over?

--------------------
Lyme, Babs, Fry Bug..... Whatever it is, may a treatment be discovered to make us all whole again!

Posts: 941 | From AZ-MT | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lpkayak
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5230

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lpkayak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hmmm. this really looks good. i've been spending so much money playing...i guess i should stop and save for this. its so close to me now too-my son can drop me off and pick me up. i haven't been to one in awhile. anyone else plan on going?

--------------------
Lyme? Its complicated. Educate yourself.

Posts: 13712 | From new england | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seekhelp
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 15067

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seekhelp     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't feel well enough to go!! That would mean I am better if able to attend. Ironic, huh? I don't know how so many could make it across country with Lyme!
Posts: 7545 | From The 5th Dimension - The Twilight Zone | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Member # 5829

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tincup         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It does sound like a nice line-up of speakers.

But.... be sure you are up for it if you are thinking of going, from someone who has been there, done that. See write up at link below.

https://sites.google.com/site/marylandlyme/conferences-2010

[Big Grin]

[ 08-07-2010, 09:15 PM: Message edited by: Tincup ]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Posts: 20353 | From The Moon | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seekhelp
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 15067

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seekhelp     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'll take the $42.50 option TinCup thank you. [Smile] I could care less about the mystique of this type of conference. I'm an info hound. I'm not here to make hotels rich. Lyme patients need the money bad enough anyways I imagine. Maybe I'll see if my insurance company will foot the bill because they feel so bad they didn't test me for Lyme earlier.
Posts: 7545 | From The 5th Dimension - The Twilight Zone | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Member # 5829

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tincup         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Lyme Disease Association's conference costs about 1/2 of what ILADS will cost and is 1 1/2 days rather than 2 1/2 days.

See link below...

https://sites.google.com/site/marylandlyme/conferences-2010

[ 08-07-2010, 09:17 PM: Message edited by: Tincup ]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Posts: 20353 | From The Moon | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Member # 5829

Seek said.. and I am laughing...

"Maybe I'll see if my insurance company will foot the bill because they feel so bad they didn't test me for Lyme earlier."

GREAT idea! Or better yet.. let's all bill our copy to the IDSA.

[lol]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

mojo
Member # 9309

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mojo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This year it's 2 1/2 days - last year only a day and a half - so I can see a Lymie having a very tough time attending. If I were to go to one again I would stay longer (and have a hotel room) and lay down during lunch, take breaks, etc.

Last year we drove in the night before. But getting up early, walking all over the place (the place was huge) and sitting through the sessions was pretty brutal. By lunch I was a mess.

The afternoon conferences were great so I perked up a little and we went home at the end of the first day. (skipped the dinner). I slept the first three hours in the car - totally comatose.

But I got a lot of info - and I gave all my husband's stuff to my Lyme Dr. who wasn't able to go.

Posts: 1761 | From USA | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
timaca
Member # 6911

Icon 1 posted      Profile for timaca     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm sorry the ILADS meeting and LDA meeting aren't back to back as they used to be. Anyone know why they separated them?

ILADS has their conferences on CD-ROM for purchase if you cannot attend their meeting.

Best, Timaca

Posts: 2872 | From above 7,000 ft in a pine forest | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Member # 5829

Mojo...

Yes, you are right. It was pretty brutal at the ILADS conference last year. And the meeting room.. the main one .. looked like an abandoned Home Depot building- the basement of one no less (bad sound and lighting, cords on floor covered with tape, hard chairs, etc.) rather than a high class joint that you were paying bug bucks for.

Aside from having to walk your legs off... and I don't care who you are it was way too much... no one seemed to know where to go! Mass confusion was making people late and/or miss what they came to hear!

Even the speakers were looking at the schedules and couldn't figure out where they were suppose to be. And it wasn't just Lyme patients and speakers who were confused... doctors were running around asking anyone they saw where the XXX workshop was.

Eventually I had to laugh.. but it was very frustrating. I really can't believe they are doing that kind of set-up again this year.

I made sure to ask if the LDA conference was going to be moving people around all day like that- and they are not (they didn't do it at LDA last year- but I wanted to be sure).

Personally I feel the LDA conference is much more patient friendly than ILADS and the ability to meet and talk with other patients and doctors is much nicer at the LDA conference.

And, if asked, I'd have to say the food is much better too.

[Big Grin]

Timaca..

On the last day of the conference last year there was an announcement by ILADS that they would be holding a separate conference this year. From what I understand it was the first anyone knew about it.

[Big Grin]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

mojo
Member # 9309

Tincup - the food was pretty bad - lots of carbs and sugar!

But I was so blessed to meet friends facet to face for the first time!

Robin123
Member # 9197

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maybe folks now want to present more at each of their own conferences, but I liked having them together at the 2008 conference in SF. And certainly easier for folks to travel for one weekend instead of two.

Thursday was the activist workshop, Friday was LDA, and Saturday and half of Sunday was ILADS.

Everything was close together, we did not have to walk everywhere, all of it was interesting.

Maybe these conferences have majorly expanded? Ours was doable.

Posts: 13116 | From San Francisco | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Member # 5829

mojo said.. "But I was so blessed to meet friends facet to face for the first time!"

That was sweet! Always my favorite time too!

[Big Grin]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement