LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Giving up

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Giving up
jalama
Member # 14600

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jalama     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have been on abx for over 5 months and I feel terrible. I am still so exhausted. I thought after five months I woulde be much closer to being able to work but I feel way too much fatigue and brain fog. I've been on bicillin for the whole five months and I'm ready to quit that one. I was also on tindamax and zith to start with. Then cipro and malarone and bicillin. Now I am on Malarone/zithromax/bicillin. I was on Septra too but it was just too much. I felt too poisoned. I'm ready to just quit all abx. It doesn't seem like the answer. I am still totally exhausted and non-functional. I am also nauseous all the time. My sleep is never restful. I am treating for babesia now but I never had a positive Babesia test. If I've been treating for babesia for almost 3 months now, wouldn't I feel less fatigue? The one thing that has dissapated a lot is the intense depression and suicidal thoughts. Now I'm just tired and apathetic. I'm too tired to know what to do... The fact that my improvement is so minimal makes me wonder if I really have lyme or maybe some other combo of crazy virus or infections... Tired, tired, tireed (but not sleepy!)..
Posts: 87 | From NorCal | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
springshowers
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 19863

Icon 1 posted      Profile for springshowers     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Please do not give up.

I have been where you are. Did you read my Detox Support thread? Do search under it and put in my name as the poster.

You may be what you described and literally toxic and the more you use abx the more toxins you ad. Some of us can not keep treating or treat successfully until we get to the place where the toxins are moving and or moved out and you know how to detox enough and fast enough so when you start killing bugs that you can get them out of your system.

Otherwise you may remain sick and sicker while you treat.. I went on this way for almost six years and I never got better no matter what treatment I used.

I also in the end had to use IV abx and go agressive when I got to where I could treat and then things changed so much.

Think about it and remember it is rare that people just get on abx and then that is it. There is usually a more complex treatment and considerations for near all of us from what I have read and heard about for this disease.

Let me know if I can help. I saw your post on Rife and I am not sure about that machine. In your condition I am sure you would herx using rife so I think there must be something wrong but I do not know what. I am sorry I can not help more with that ..

Blessings..

PS Mepron and Malarone can cause depression and very quick onset too that can be very overwhelming and please take note to the Mepron Blues Link up in the links page on the top of this page.

If you feel that you are suicidal or you are just so different than yourself even considering the illness it could be induced by the drug. This happened to me. I was able to stop the drug and in a few days the feeling lifted. Thank goodness I was told about this before I started the drug so I did not keep on taking it.

You really should know this and make sure it is not part of what your feeling.

Posts: 2747 | From Unites States Of America | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by jalama:

Breaking this up so others can read it....

I have been on abx for over 5 months and I feel terrible. I am still so exhausted.

I thought after five months I woulde be much closer to being able to work but I feel way too much fatigue and brain fog.

I've been on bicillin for the whole five months and I'm ready to quit that one. I was also on tindamax and zith to start with.

Then cipro and malarone and bicillin. Now I am on Malarone/zithromax/bicillin. I was on Septra too but it was just too much.

I felt too poisoned. I'm ready to just quit all abx. It doesn't seem like the answer. I am still totally exhausted and non-functional.

I am also nauseous all the time. My sleep is never restful. I am treating for babesia now but I never had a positive Babesia test.

If I've been treating for babesia for almost 3 months now, wouldn't I feel less fatigue? The one thing that has dissapated a lot is the intense depression and suicidal thoughts.

Now I'm just tired and apathetic. I'm too tired to know what to do... The fact that my improvement is so minimal makes me wonder if

I really have lyme or maybe some other combo of crazy virus or infections... Tired, tired, tireed (but not sleepy!)..

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Five months is only the beginning, depending upon how long you've had this. If you've had it for years, then it may take 2+ years to knock it out.

Treating babesia is essential. You are probably herxing on the Lyme AND babesia meds. Double-Whammy.

It does sound like you need to do something to detox so things won't be so hard for you.

Maybe Spring will bring up the thread on detoxing so you can find it.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pinelady
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 18524

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pinelady     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree. It is a long road but you can't get there if you stop walking...

It will get much much better after you get the loads down.

--------------------
Suspected Lyme 07 Test neg One band migrating in IgG region
unable to identify.Igenex Jan.09IFA titer 1:40 IND
IgM neg pos
31 +++ 34 IND 39 IND 41 IND 83-93 +
DX:Neuroborreliosis

Posts: 5850 | From Kentucky | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nefferdun
Member # 20157

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nefferdun     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I really feel for you, not getting much better, but you do say you are not feeling suicidal any more. I would sure hate to go back to feeling like that, so you might want to try detoxing a lot and see if you can hang in there.

--------------------
old joke: idiopathic means the patient is pathological and the the doctor is an idiot

Posts: 4676 | From western Montana | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
carly
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14810

Icon 1 posted      Profile for carly     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Detox. Detox. Detox.

Originally posted by springshowers:
quote:

You may be what you described and literally toxic and the more you use abx the more toxins you ad. Some of us can not keep treating or treat successfully until we get to the place where the toxins are moving and or moved out and you know how to detox enough and fast enough so when you start killing bugs that you can get them out of your system.

Posts: 797 | From New York | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Paul Mall
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 27581

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Paul Mall   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I beieve this is the thread spring showers is talking about use the link below:

http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi/topic/1/92530?

Posts: 925 | From Connecticut | Registered: Aug 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jalama
Member # 14600

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jalama     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you for all the support and kindess!!!
Posts: 87 | From NorCal | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
m0joey
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 13494

Icon 1 posted      Profile for m0joey     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
jalama,

no one has the answer for how long it should take to feel better on ABx. I was on them for about 6 months before I stopped because, like you, I only felt worse. I wasn't certain at the time if it was because lyme wasn't the answer but I successfully treated lyme and co-infections with biophotons a few months later. When I didn't recover despite resolving lyme and company, I was convinced I had way more going on. Keep in mind I was IGM CDC positive for lyme.

Fast forward two years and I tested positive for a retrovirus. In the meantime, my natural killer cells (the CFS equivalent of CD57) continued to drop, my neutrophils stayed low, and my rnase-l dysfunction (telltale sign of viral issues) didn't budge.

If I were you, I would test for HGRV with www.vipdx.com. The serology test is pricey ($250) and will probably come down, but in the grand scheme of things if you're positive, it may change the complexion of your treatment entirely.

Many on this forum have felt better with antibiotics despite feeling worse in the beginning; many just plain felt worse and then realized they either weren't taking the right drugs, couldn't tolerate the drugs and needed to try alternative treatments, or realized they had more going on than lyme and co. We can only give you our personal experiences but ultimately only you can decide if this is a sign of progress.

Posts: 713 | From Los Angeles | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
timaca
Member # 6911

Icon 1 posted      Profile for timaca     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
jalama~
Have you been tested for HHV-6, EBV, enteroviruses? They may be causing part or all of your illness....

Best, Timaca

Posts: 2872 | From above 7,000 ft in a pine forest | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Amelia
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 17677

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Amelia     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jalama:

I am so sorry you are feeling like this... I too have wanted to give up.

For me, like Bea said, Detox is KEY. I think it is Key it is just not always discussed by our docs.

I really didn't learn about it until I came to this board and some caring souls said-- what are you
REALLY doing to detox. I said drinking water... (smiles) Not enough for what we are putting in our bodies-- at least for me.

I turned a corner with detox and I am handling Bicillin, Mep/Zith, Plaquenil and Septra - initially I thought there is no way. However, with detoxing everyday... Please do read that thread and what helped me the most are coffee enemas... Like my new PA said... you were desperate weren't you. I said YES!

I don't know if you have read of the Gerson method but CEs are used for cancer treatment among other things but a vital part of that program.

Try to remember that most people are not even close to being done in 5 months. I will be honest in telling you that I wish I had not pulsed for two years and went right in to a Burrascano type treatment. I think you also have to pay attention to your body and when you are adding meds, do so slowly so that you can see if something doesn't work for you. I agree with TF that we do not have to be miserable through treatment.

Now when I started these new meds, I had a rough few days however, I added very slowly am detoxing daily, and I have not felt this good in two years - since I was bitten. I do herx and have herxed but in comparison to my clear head and energy... whatever it takes.

I agree with the others that you need a good go over in terms of testing for viruses etc. Have you done that?

Most importantly, you are not alone.

You will get to the end of all of this I believe with everything in me if you work towards that, don't give up and reach out to your doc when necessary. When do you meet with your doc again?

Thinking of you...

Posts: 243 | From Charleston, SC | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement