LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » intermitent symptoms

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: intermitent symptoms
chollay
Member # 23445

Icon 5 posted      Profile for chollay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My son had daily symptoms which I thought could be Lyme (headaches, stomach aches, dizziness, etc)but I was also pursuing other avenues because they believed he had migranes. The neuro put him on an herbal remedy (butterbur) for migranes and all seemed to go away. In the meantime his wb came back with only 41 reactive (the one that shows prior infection) But since everything went away, I figured he was fine.
Incidentally his MRI showed a malformation (from birth) which they thought could have caused the problems but since the herb resolved the problem, he felt we were okay. Now again the symptoms started again about a week before school. On Tuesday he said the room started spinning and he had to hold on to his desk. Anyway, I convinced his dr to run a WB. I know they don't mean much but I figured it was a start. Last night he told me that "by the way his hand was shaking and he couldn't stop it" Sorry this was long, I was just wondering if symptoms could vanish and come back? I'm not taking any chances this time and am going to see a LLMD for him. Hopefully I can find another as the first one has a very very long wait.
Thank You!!

Posts: 22 | From Pennsylvania | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LymeXtu
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 24590

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LymeXtu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The answer to that is YES. It happens all the time, for me stress is a HUGE factor, so the fact that it started up a week before school is important even if he did not seem to be stressed about it. Also disruption in sleep patterns or your every day routine can bring symptoms on for both my son and I.

How old is your son ?

So glad you are going to see a LLMD.

Posts: 448 | From minnesota | Registered: Feb 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jkmom
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14004

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jkmom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My daughter's first symptom was a headache, diagnosed as a migraine. For a few years, it was controlled by medication.

She also had various complaints that we thought were her just making a big deal out of normal glitches.

Then her headaches became constant and uncontrollable and we found out about Lyme.

Her first WB from LabCorp was only positive for band 41, but her IGeneX test was IGeneX positive.

I am glad you know about Lyme and know what to do.

Posts: 984 | From US | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
chollay
Member # 23445

Icon 1 posted      Profile for chollay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks so much lymextu and jkmom. My son is 8. He is a kid that gets easily stressed so it makes perfect sense as you explained it. We also kind of thought he was exagerating,or stressed because his symtoms vanished and reappeared but the vertigo symptoms and hand tremor scares the heck out of me. I also have lyme, supposedly Lupus. Unfortunately i haven't correctly treated it for myself yet, (I am seeing an ID) He is okay, he really tries, but he doesn't have enough knowledge. I have met patients in his waiting room that have told me he saved their lives with IV antibiotics. For my son, I am going to seek out an LLMD though! Thanks again!!
Posts: 22 | From Pennsylvania | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jkmom
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14004

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jkmom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My daughter got easily stressed, too. Her headache is still there, but she is not easily stressed any more. I think that was part of the Lyme, too.
Posts: 984 | From US | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement