LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Seeking a Doctor » ILLINOIS OR CHICAGOLAND? -LLMD -DR?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: ILLINOIS OR CHICAGOLAND? -LLMD -DR?
ChicagoFog
Member # 10239

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ChicagoFog   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am having trouble finding a LLMD in Illinois.
Can someone help me out? All the contact info I am pulling off the Internet seems outdated as the phone numbers are disconnected. Even an Indiana or doctor in Wisconsin would help...

PM me or email: [email protected]

Thanks!

Posts: 1 | From Chicago | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
check your PM

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
NP40
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 6711

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NP40     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sent an e-mail
Posts: 1632 | From Northern Wisconsin | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lynem
Member # 10411

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lynem     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am also a Chicago person looking for the same information. If anyone can help, I would be grateful. Email is: [email protected]
Posts: 1 | From Dundee, IL | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jacqi
Member # 6619

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jacqi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I could use this info as well. I live in NW Indiana

--------------------
J

Posts: 91 | From Northwest Indiana | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
pm sent to jacqi....
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Munch
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 11323

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Munch   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi! Can somone recommend a LLMD in IL? I'm new to this board. I've been going to the Detroit Fibro and Fatigue Clinic for the past year with not much improvement in symptoms.

I was told I was negative for Lyme by FFC. Igenex IgM Western Blot Results: INDeterminate ** bands **23-25, **34, **39 and ++ positive to band 30 and **41.

Igenex IgG Western Blot Results: INDeterminate bands **31, **39, **83-93 and ++ positive to bands **41 and 58.

Thanks for any help! [email protected]

Posts: 192 | From Dwight, IL USA | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 10 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
munch, i sent you PM, private message name and my 46 pages newbie links/advise [Smile]
LisaS
Member # 10581

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LisaS     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you guys dont find one in Illinois, I have an LLMD in Southern WI. If youre interested let me know.

--------------------
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1660435643

Posts: 1078 | From Lake Geneva WI | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
char
Member # 8315

Icon 1 posted      Profile for char     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lymetoo and others-

Could you pm me also this info?

I just posted same question, particularly Western Suburbs, (near Dundee).

Thanks a lot,

Char

Posts: 1230 | From US | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

CHAR, sending you pm on your post. [Wink]
buggedbylyme
Member # 9556

Icon 1 posted      Profile for buggedbylyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would like the same info for llmd for a dear

friend in the western suburbs of Chicago . I'm

convinced that he has Lyme. He and his wife will

be visiting next month and I want to have info

all put together for him.

Thanks!

Posts: 70 | From essex fells, nj | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

BUGGED, i sent you pm now. [Big Grin]
Polaris
Member # 11391

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Polaris     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Need to find a LLMD in Chicagoland or Indiana. Thanks.
Posts: 31 | From USA | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Polaris
Member # 11391

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Polaris     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello, anyone there?!
Posts: 31 | From USA | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Munch
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 11323

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Munch   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks to everyone for sending me PMs with doctor referrals. I'd like to leave some feedback for others interested in LLMDs in IL.

I saw Dr. Z (Chicago) in March 2007. He states that he is not a LLMD but seems to be the only doctor on the "Good List" for Illinois.

He is a Internal Medicine Doctor. He was very nice and listened to me. I was asked to bring my medical records. He copied a few but didn't look at them.

Dr. Z told me I had "post Lyme autoimmune disorder". My husband and I thought that was a laugh. How could I get a post-dx when I never could get the dx?

Dr Z and I do not agree on my use of pain meds or B-HRT (hormones). I've had to fight and claw to get my treatment pieced together thus far. I have HPA issues.

The very long string of doctors that I've seen since 1981 have diagnosed me with hypothyroidism, fibromyalgia and chronic fatigue. I've got a long history of GERD, endometriosis and a knee replacement.

I also have sarcoidosis and may possibly have polycythemia vera. There's something abnormal about my bone marrow and blood production.

Dr. Z is very much against steriods. I take 5 mg. of hydrocortisone 3-4X per day or a 20 mg. dose in the AM. Without adrenal gland support my thyroid meds don't work.

For the past year, I wasted a ton of money at the Detroit FFC. They did a Igenex WB (my results posted on this thread) but do not know how to read it. I was initially told I had Lyme based on a Quest WB. I was given Doxy. Then I was told to off Abx.

For these reasons, I've decided to persue treatment with Dr. C (MO).

Posts: 192 | From Dwight, IL USA | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Munch:
For these reasons, I've decided to persue treatment with Dr. C (MO).

Excellent choice! [Smile]

Keep us posted on your progress! Where's your test results??

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement