LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Seeking a Doctor » info. regarding Dr. S. in Sharon PA (S/W PA)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: info. regarding Dr. S. in Sharon PA (S/W PA)
gabby
Member # 10647

Icon 5 posted      Profile for gabby     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Can anyone give me any info regarding a Dr. S. in or near, I think it's Sharon PA (S/W PA)? Thanks!

gabby [Cool]

[ 21. November 2006, 11:21 AM: Message edited by: gabby ]

Posts: 31 | From US | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 3 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
WELCOME Gabby, if you want answers, please edit your topic line by using the PENCIL icon.

Change to: Dr. S near Sharon PA (S/W PA) feedback needed.

Now you'll get those Penn. folks to read your post.

Also, please give us your history:

how long sick;

what lab did your western blot IGM and IGG; and what are your positive and und/int numbers?

what specialty tests have been done, etc.

I'll send you a private message, PM, with my 20 pages NEWBIE links/advise. [Big Grin]

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gabby
Member # 10647

Icon 7 posted      Profile for gabby     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you, Betty.

It's difficult to say how long I've been sick. If it were up to me to decide how long i might have had lyme, then I'd say it must have been my whole life, or at least since I was in elementary school. I am 33 yrs. old now.

I have had weak immunity ever since I can remember... when I got sick, I got very sick. I began having knee problems when I was about twelve or thirteen, maybe younger. And cognitive symptoms since elementary school, plus chronic gyn. infections since the beginning of puberty, completely baffeling the many doctors that I had seen over the years, as to why I just didn't get better.

I have been checked for diabetes I don't know how many times, with negative results, plus std's, with negative results. Now, I have bladder problems, and bowel problems.

The whole ordeal has made me so depressed at times that there are times that I just don't want to live any more. The worst part about it all is that I havn't been able to find a doctor who is understanding or empathetic, or who really wants to help. It makes me feel so isolated and alone.

Anyway, I was diagnosed with interstitial cystitis (IC) bout two years ago. I refused to accept that diagnosis and went on a search for more info, on my own. That search lead me to a NP, Ruth Kriz. She is the one who suggested a possible lyme diagnosis, and wanted me to get tested. So, that's what I did. I got tested through Bowen Labs, and it was positive. This is where my story ends. This is where I'm at now. I have not found a LLMD to address this lyme issue yet.

thanks!
gabby

Posts: 31 | From US | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 10 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gabby, thanks for your history; boy does that all sound only to familiar to us.

With it being Thanksgiving if you don't get a LLMDs name by MONDAY, let me know. Many here preparing for this, and you know the FATIGUE we all have and PAIN!

Can't remember if I told you or not, you could try the left hand column, SUPPORT GROUPS for your state and the closest city! CALL them vs. email since they are so sick!

But wait until Sunday or Monday to let them get thru the holidays ok. Hopefully, someone else will come along who IS A PATIENT to assist you by PM. best wishes! [Big Grin]

Ann-OH
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 2020

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ann-OH     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have sent you a private message.

Not sure I agree with Betty, here.

People should not have to give their whole story and wait until after the holidays to get help!

I don't think there are any rules on this site that say people have to do that.

Ann - OH

--------------------
www.ldbullseye.com

Posts: 5705 | From Ohio | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nancy-FL
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7986

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nancy-FL     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Ann,

I tend to agree that a history put out here for everyone to read might not be necessary, but I am sure that Betty was just trying to make sure that this was a legitimate request for information.

I have responded to Gabby giving limited information. Guarding info on LLMDs should be something that we all keep in mind in situations like this.

Nancy

Posts: 119 | From Southwest Florida | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gabby
Member # 10647

Icon 1 posted      Profile for gabby     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi,

I would just like to say that I understand and appreciate everyone's concerns and advise, thank you so much!

I want to also assure you all that I am lagit. I know you don't know me, and I respect the reasoning behind your caution. My story is actually much more lengthy than what I have shared, but figured I'd save you from reading my long and drawn-out book, lol... and save me from having to type it [Frown] so, I gave you a briefing. [Big Grin]

Besides, I was fairly certain my lengthy tale wasn't much different from what the rest of you have experianced, and didn't want to bore you with to much detail.

I am from N/E PA. I heard about Dr. S. from the NP, Ruth K., who is treating my bladder condition, and who suggested I be tested for lyme in the first place. She has been a big help to me.

If I should be extending my profile further, in any way, let me know.. I am an open book [Wink]

thanks,
gabby

bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ann and Gabby,

My only intent here was it's THANKSGIVING, and some people go to 2-4 FAMILY gatherings and would not be home or totally bushed from all their family/friends.

In this situation, I just wanted to prepare Gabby in case she was NOT getting help right away just like when Christmas comes; it's so hectic and many of us just can't handle that much going on.

Hubby/I were home alone today, and I SLEPT ENTIRE AFTERNOON! In my case, I was even too tired to talk to anyone during those hours due to fatigue/neuro lyme acting up.

It was NOT to put you off Gabby. I have posted a NEW post here that Lou B agreed to earlier to FEATURE so it's not buried. For folks to give us certain info first so we can take that into consideration as well as the other situation we've encountered lately.

Gabby, I apologize to you if you felt I was putting you off; it was not intentional. night all [sleepy]

gabby
Member # 10647

Icon 1 posted      Profile for gabby     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Betty,

All is A-ok. I didn't feel I was being put off, and I can understand holiday tasks and fatigue. I'm not offended in any way, Really! I just appreciate having all of you here to help me. Thanks so much!.. Everyone. [hi]

gabby

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement