LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Seeking a Doctor » LLMD in Springfield, MO - PLEASE HELP

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: LLMD in Springfield, MO - PLEASE HELP
SarahL
Member # 11452

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SarahL     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I need to know what to do.

First let me say that there is a thread I found under a search on Dr. C, but the last post is over two years old.

Dr. C in Springfield is 10 hours away from me and means a hotel night stay (at least one) and so long in the car I might just pass out from the pain. Hubby can drive, but we'll have to take our five year old with us, so this will NOT be a happy trip. It will be trying and painful and expensive.

Is it worth it for me to see him, or should I try Dr. B in Asheville, NC (2 hours away) first? Dr. B is a member of ilads, but he does not use IV abx (not even on chronic or hard to treat cases) and no one seems to have heard of him. Dr. B charges $300 for his initial visit, so if he doesn't work out, he's just another duck sucking money I could be using for treatment/ testing/ supplements/ physical therapy, etc.

I want to do the IgeneX test as my PCP only ran the ELISA and after 7 years of symptoms, of course it came back negative (idiot, I explained why the WB was necessary).

If I order the IgeneX kit, it will take days to get here, then I have to find a duck to draw the blood (I don't even know if mine would approve it since she ran the ELISA and it was negative), then send it back to the lab, gah - it would be a week before I even know anything, if I can even get my duck to approve it.

So here are my questions:

Does Dr. C usually see patients right away or is it a months-long wait list to get in as a new patient?

Anyone have any guesstimates as to what his initial visit fees are?

Does he have the IgeneX kits there at his office, or does he use another lab?

Hubby is all for seeing Dr. C, but I'm so wary of ducks at this point that I'm reluctant to go to ANYONE, let alone drive over 10 hours for the possibility that someone might know what they're doing.

HELP if you can, PLEASE. Even one little response will help me decide.

I'm ready to give up on finding a doctor who will really try to find the cause and treat it, but hubby won't let me. He swears he'll drag me to a doctor if I won't go willingly. While part of me says I could just keep taking the pain meds my pcp gave me, most of me is screaming for help. I'm so discouraged right now.

Sarah

[ 31. March 2007, 04:56 PM: Message edited by: SarahL ]

Posts: 91 | From East TN | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dr C could see you next week...I'm nearly positive.

I've never heard of this DR B....I would be extremely cautious about wasting your money there.

check your PM!!!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seibertneurolyme
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 6416

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seibertneurolyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dr C is one of the best docs for out of town/ out of state patients. He does phone consults in between office visits and does not require as frequent in person office visits as many other docs do.

I think he would be a good place to start. Pretty sure he has seen many more Lyme and tickborne patients than the doc in Asheville.

The disadvantage to Dr C is he lets patients direct their own treatments to a large extent. If you don't feel comfortable deciding what dose of meds to take then you should see someone else. What I mean is that he suggests a dose you should try to get to, but lets you try lower doses and make changes yourself. Once you have your first herx you will understand what I am talking about.

Good luck and keep us posted.

Bea Seibert

P.S. Hubby's PCP is in Asheville, NC and Dr C is his LLMD.

Posts: 7306 | From Martinsville,VA,USA | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cgooge
Member # 7922

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cgooge   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My wife and I travel from SC to MO for Dr. C. He has helped her come a long way. She had symptoms for over 7 years as well. We have been seeing him for about 18 months and are pleased.

If you have any questions, PM me and I'll get back to you.

Good Luck!!

Posts: 82 | From Summerville, SC | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kyrasmom
Member # 11566

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kyrasmom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Sarah, Yes DR. C has the igenex tests in his office and they will draw it the day you are seen. His initial visit is $460.00, and i believe it is money well spent. He is the only doctor around that i believe can help. Good luck
Posts: 7 | From missouri | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement