LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Seeking a Doctor » LLMD Indiana or Kentucky?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: LLMD Indiana or Kentucky?
pryorka
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 13649

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pryorka     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I live in southern Indiana and I'm trying to find an LLMD nearby. Does anybody have any ideas? I know of a few in Michigan and Penn if anyone needs some there.
Posts: 499 | From Indiana | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
None in IN or KY.

Most travel to Dr C in Missouri.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 10 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Go to SUPPORT GROUPS found in left-hand column, by country, then by state! Check 1st page to see where the various groups are located for your state. CLICK on link closest to you.

Read carefully if support group leader wants you to call them or EMAIL! Many are very sick themselves; so be patient in getting a response from them. Thanks!

SUPPORT GROUPS .... LYME FOR ``YOUR'' STATE! See below!! 8-19-07

You might be interested in joining your online state yahoo group. All are set up the same way with the state name and lyme run together as one word, http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/STATENAMELYME, e.g.
newyorklyme,

except for 4 states which have a hyphen between the statename and lyme, e.g. southcarolina-lyme. Those states are SC, WY, ND, SD.

The groups were set up by Phyllis Mervine of CALDA, Calif. LDA, to help create an infrastructure for the Lyme community for patient support, local resources, and political action. thx Phyllis!

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
map1131
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 2022

Icon 1 posted      Profile for map1131     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The support group info for KY is years outdated. Somebody a few years ago had volunteers from every state on this site do research for updating information.

I did KY and gave all the necessary information to this person that was going to update. Nothing ever changed. So I would recommend if you are looking for LLMD in Southern Indiana or Ky, to look at doctors in surrounding states.

Please see newest post.

http://flash.lymenet.org/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=2;t=005517

Pam

--------------------
"Never, never, never, never, never give up" Winston Churchill

Posts: 6478 | From Louisville, Ky | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alias24
Member # 9365

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Alias24     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
pryorka,

I just responded to Michele with the following:

I also live in Southern IN about one hour north of Evansville. I travel 8 hours to PA to see my LLMD. A lady in my office travels to a different doctor for Lyme. I also know of a 5th grader in the area who saw an LLMD in CT.

What I am saying is that I haven't found an LLMD in IN as of yet. I have heard that there are some who treat Lyme un-advertised but I haven't been able to find out who they are.

My LLMD has helped me, I am doing better than when I went to see him in June of 2006.

Posts: 59 | From Indiana | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement