LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » What's in your screen name??? Do tell!! (Page 3)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: What's in your screen name??? Do tell!!
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was online in the early 90's .. I know what you mean!!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here we go!!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
homesick73
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 36551

Icon 1 posted      Profile for homesick73     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When I look back over my life, 1973 was a very happy time for me. I also miss my home and those I grew up with, hence the name.

--------------------
"Sometimes you're the windshield; sometimes you're the bug." Mark Knopfler

Posts: 111 | From East of Eden | Registered: Mar 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Boy, you sound like me!!! I miss my home and family in Texas and I graduated from college and got married in 1973. Very special year for me too!!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

SouthPaw
Member # 35229

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SouthPaw     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm a left handed guy in a right handed world.
Posts: 99 | From Cali | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BuffyFan
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 34679

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BuffyFan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Buffy the Vampire Slayer is my favorite tv show! So I am BuffyFan!
Posts: 287 | From somewhere | Registered: Oct 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SickLYme
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 34104

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SickLYme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
SickLyme....Sickly Me....Sick Lyme...
Posts: 148 | From AZ | Registered: Sep 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cozynana
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 34270

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cozynana     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When I signed up for eBay years ago I had a hard time finding an user name that was not already taken. My grandkids love to snuggle and so I thought about how cozy it was and I was a grandma......cozynana, end of story.
Posts: 620 | From Ks | Registered: Oct 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Razzle
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 30398

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Razzle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Razzle was the name of a computer at work...hence my screen name, LOL! I know, not terribly original, but I liked the sound of it and it stuck...

--------------------
-Razzle
Lyme IgM IGeneX Pos. 18+++, 23-25+, 30++, 31+, 34++, 39 IND, 83-93 IND; IgG IGeneX Neg. 30+, 39 IND; Mayo/CDC Pos. IgM 23+, 39+; IgG Mayo/CDC Neg. band 41+; Bart. (clinical dx; Fry Labs neg. for all coinfections), sx >30 yrs.

Posts: 4166 | From WA | Registered: Feb 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Thewino
Member # 39086

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Thewino     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jimmy Buffett is one of my favorite musicians. In fact, my wife and I have seen him eighteen times in concert.

Anyway, one of my favorite J. B. songs goes, "The wino and I know the joy of the ocean..."

It's stuck with me.

--------------------
Wrinkles only go where the smiles have been --J. Buffett

All of my replies should not be taken as medical advice as they are my opinions only and I am not a physician.

Posts: 55 | From Florida | Registered: Oct 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fatherguido
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 25266

Icon 1 posted      Profile for fatherguido     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My frat nickname was Father Guido because I resembled the SNL comedian with my Italian features and sweet mullet.
Posts: 199 | From Let's Go Pens! | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Healerdealer
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 23032

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Healerdealer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I always believed that I would somehow recover and get my life back.

I picked a name that would represent my wishful thinking and give me and others a spark of hope. My screen name just instantly popped into my once foggy brain.

I chose a name that I wanted to identify with - wellness, healing, hope and being positive.

[ 02-01-2013, 06:47 PM: Message edited by: sixgoofykids ]

Posts: 163 | From New Jersey | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aiden424
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7633

Icon 1 posted      Profile for aiden424     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My horses name is Aiden and his birthday is 4-24

Kathy

--------------------
You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.

Posts: 807 | From South Dakota | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
faithful777
Member # 22872

Icon 1 posted      Profile for faithful777     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mine came from my journey to be faithful and to trust in God's promises.

--------------------
Faithful

Just sharing my experience, I am not a doctor.

Posts: 2682 | From Colorado | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beaches
Member # 38251

Icon 1 posted      Profile for beaches     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just love beaches! I wish I could plop myself on the sand and look at the ocean every day. I find it very relaxing and healing.
Posts: 1885 | From here | Registered: Jul 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aiden424
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7633

Icon 1 posted      Profile for aiden424     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by faithful777:
Mine came from my journey to be faithful and to trust in God's promises.

Love that!!!

--------------------
You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.

Posts: 807 | From South Dakota | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dbpei
Member # 33574

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dbpei     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love Prince Edward Island (PEI) [Smile] - and db are my first two initials...
Posts: 2386 | From New England | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beaches
Member # 38251

Icon 1 posted      Profile for beaches     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Never been to Prince Edward Island but PEI mussels are featured on a lot of menus! Might be having a dense moment (not the first and surely won't be the last [Smile] ) but I have no idea what "db" indicates.
Posts: 1885 | From here | Registered: Jul 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jjourneys
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 39813

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jjourneys   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm JJourneys - I'm new here, but this is a great fun posting question.

JJourneys = Jukebox Journeys

My husband and I are DJs, KJs and sing (dinners, dances, weddings, funerals, etc) Are business is calld Jukebox Journeys.

We weren't suppose to use our real names on this board so this was the only one I could think of off the top of my head!!!

Posts: 250 | From East Coast | Registered: Jan 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dove7
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 39546

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dove7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Know how Noah had the dove? I'm on a path, looking for a sign that peace and health are coming. Born on the 7th.

Isn't it great how funny some of these handles (to use and old CB term) are and how much they are symbols of our hopes, our anchors, or to what we aspire?

I'm so glad I was lead to this site.

--------------------
'Hope' is a thing with feathers, that perches in the soul-- Emily Dickinson

Posts: 160 | From Indiana | Registered: Nov 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beaches
Member # 38251

'but I have no idea what "db" indicates'

Can we just chalk that up to a "senior moment?"

dbpei
Member # 33574

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dbpei     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Beaches, db are my initials! [lol]
Posts: 2386 | From New England | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Gosh, beaches. I thought I was old. [Big Grin]

My CB handle was Goldilocks. Has to do with my hair and my last name. [Smile]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Up for more fun!

Lisa likes to figure out why someone has a particular screen name.. so help her out (or spoil her fun!?)

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

hiker53
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 6046

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hiker53     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I used to hike all over the nation and 53 was the number of my ball cap when I played softball as a kid.

Hence--Hiker53

--------------------
Hiker53

"God is light. In Him there is no
darkness." 1John 1:5

Posts: 8879 | From Illinois | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

That's cool. We never had numbers when I played. One year I was on "The Beatles." [Big Grin]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

LisaK
Member # 41384

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LisaK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
HEY! LYMETOO!!! hhahahaa..... and I I (shamefully) don't always see the latest happenings on the regular forum page. I tend to go over my own postsand look that way to see responses since my brain forgets all the time and I have trouble reading most days....

but I love this!

I am LisaK because my name was very unusual growning up and I hated that. I used to say, " I just want a nice name, like Lisa!" I actually have a alter ego and her name is Lisa K***** . If I tell you what K... is then it won't be a secret any more. and I use it as my secret alias so....

[Wink]

--------------------
Be thankful in all things- even difficult times and sickness and trials - because there is something GOOD to be seen

Posts: 3558 | From Eastern USA | Registered: Jul 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymieloo
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 45753

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymieloo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The first of my health problems started several months after I had the bull's-eye rash that was dx'd as a brown recluse bite.

It started with what I thought was simply a bladder infection, but a wise old urologist I went to decided to look into it further. Besides finding old scars on my kidneys (I had a few kidney infections between ages 5-9), he found that my bladder wasn't emptying, which was causing the infection.

And it only got worse and worse as the years went by, although I stopped having infections. Probably due to the fact that I have to pee about every half hour (more or less), so nothing sits there for long! [Big Grin]

In other words, I'm always in the loo, it seems -- it's become a standing joke with my family. If I don't answer the phone when someone calls, when I do talk to them they'll say, "You were in the bathroom, right?"

And not realizing when I signed up here that certain medical "professionals" and others who don't take us seriously were calling us "lymies", I thought to poke a bit of fun at myself by combining the two into Lymieloo. At the time, they seemed to fit together so nicely!

--------------------
Bless the Lord, oh my soul. -- Psalm 103

Posts: 102 | From WA | Registered: May 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

HaHA to Lisa and Lymieloo!!

I've spent half my life in the loo! [Big Grin]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

fitnesskelly
Member # 45806

Icon 1 posted      Profile for fitnesskelly     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mine comes from being in the fitness industry (until this Lyme took me out of the industry).
Posts: 63 | From Columbus, OH | Registered: May 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
desertwind
Member # 25256

Icon 1 posted      Profile for desertwind     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is such a great fun question!

My screen name was suppose to be Desert"Rose" but my lyme brain, at the time, could not remember "rose" so I used "wind" instead.

I use to train for half ironman triathlons listening to the song Desert Rose by Sting....so that is where the inspiration came from! DW

Posts: 1671 | From Tick Infested New Jersey | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LisaK
Member # 41384

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LisaK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
desertwind, that is somethign I would do! haha. not to laugh at you, but with you. I like the 'wind'! when I read your name it transports me to a nice breezy desert and sometimes I need to go there, if you know what I mean

[Wink]

--------------------
Be thankful in all things- even difficult times and sickness and trials - because there is something GOOD to be seen

Posts: 3558 | From Eastern USA | Registered: Jul 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
desertwind
Member # 25256

Icon 1 posted      Profile for desertwind     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by LisaK:
desertwind, that is somethign I would do! haha. not to laugh at you, but with you. I like the 'wind'! when I read your name it transports me to a nice breezy desert and sometimes I need to go there, if you know what I mean

[Wink]

No, I get it!!!! Glad my lyme brain mishap name thingy has transportive features for you:) Enjoy the breeze..... Be Well, DW
Posts: 1671 | From Tick Infested New Jersey | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement