LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » Dianne Feinstein's Response to my Letter About Lyme

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Dianne Feinstein's Response to my Letter About Lyme
AlisonP
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7771

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AlisonP     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just got this in my inbox, if anyone's interested...unfortunately she doesn't mention the bill specifically, but at least I didn't get a form letter thanking me for my letter about "healthcare" like I did from my rep Richard Pombo.

Thank you for writing to me about Lyme Disease. I appreciate
hearing from you and I hope this letter finds you in good health.

I understand that there are many individuals who have been
affected by Lyme Disease or know someone who has been affected by
Lyme Disease. It is important to me that people are aware of the
appropriate steps to take in order to avoid infection. It is also
important
that our health care professionals, as well as the public, have the
knowledge they need to protect against potential illness. I assure you
that I will keep your thoughts in mind should legislation regarding
this
disease come before me in the Senate.

Also, you may be interested to know that the National Institute
of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID) at the National Institutes
of
Health (NIH) has had a long-standing commitment to research on Lyme
Disease. I have always supported increased funding for the NIH. For
more information on this research, please visit the NIAID website, at
http://www.niaid.nih.gov/research/lyme.htm.

Again, thank you for writing. Your concerns are important and I
value your correspondence. If you have any further questions or
comments, please feel free to call my Washington, D.C. staff at (202)
224-3841, or visit my website at http://feinstein.senate.gov.

Sincerely yours,

Dianne Feinstein
United States Senator

--------------------
 -

The obscure we see eventually. The completely obvious, it seems, takes longer. --- Edward R. Murrow

Posts: 923 | From California | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ann-OH
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 2020

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ann-OH     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Those letters are written by staffers usually. Not saying Diane Feinstein isn't a great congress woman.

I think a reply would be to tell them that the NIH is not doing such a good job when it comes to Lyme research and that most NIH money goes to esoteric microbiology rather than to development of a decent test and decent treatment for Lyme disease.

Ann - OH

--------------------
www.ldbullseye.com

Posts: 5705 | From Ohio | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
trails
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 1620

Icon 1 posted      Profile for trails     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good for you for taking the time and energy to WRITE to your elected people about Lyme! The more letters they get, the more it does eeek into their consciousness....even IF it is staffers who reply or read or both...SOMEONE is reading some of what gets sent and each bit makes a difference.

If the letter was written by a staffer, do you think that it is the staffer who knows someone with lyme or Diane?
Trails  -

Posts: 1950 | From New Mexico | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aligondo Bruce
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6219

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Aligondo Bruce     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
now we see why someone...someone... needs to write a little book about NIAID's corrupt, disastrous lyme policy, print about 5,000 copies and send it out to our nation's leaders like feinstein who obviously have no idea what fauci, $teere, klempnerd, and the rest of that cabal have really been up to.

feinstein's letter, undoubtedly written by someone who has no f-ing clue about lyme disease, neuroborelliosis, etc, probably some 24 year old naive fool PR intern, makes me want to wretch.

NIAID is the most corrupt unit of the entire federal government.

remember, fallon's study funded by NIMDS, not NIAID.

anthony fauci is nothing short of a monstrous criminal who has endangered our nation's future with his corrupt, disastrous, and failed vision involving lyme disease. he thought, stupidly, that the ospa vcaccine would work, and that in the meantime big pharma could make $billions selling SSRIs like paxil to treat neuroborelliosis. and all of his venal IDSA buddies could make millions consulting for vaccines, insurance companies, and even in eugene shapiro's case at least going on a lecture tour financed by glaxo skb (sellers of paxil) through which he blasted chronic lyme patients and repeatedly stated or implied that they were all a bunch of munchausen's cases.

lyme patients have been opressed and exploited in the most degrading and undemocratic ways imaginable by NIAID. think about this: eugene shapiro is on NIAID's most important ID scientific review committee.

a bunch of inhuman criminals, just as bad if not worse than the nazi doctors, especially when one considers the total numbers of lives impacted.

and they're right here in america, firmly entrenched in their gulags at yale and valhalla.

this won't change until our nation's leader's realize the truth about fauci and NIAID.

Posts: 523 | From Stillwater,OK,USA | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AlisonP
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7771

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AlisonP     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks everyone for the responses. I was fairly surprised that they would put in the bit about the NIH etc. when my letter was specifically about the support of the Lyme bills in the house and Senate.

I do plan on writing her back, so all this information helps - I want to write something clear and to the point so this helps me with what to write.

It would be cool too if other Californians write her as well . . .

Alison

--------------------
 -

The obscure we see eventually. The completely obvious, it seems, takes longer. --- Edward R. Murrow

Posts: 923 | From California | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement