LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » I vacuumed the whole house today!!!!!!!!!!!!!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: I vacuumed the whole house today!!!!!!!!!!!!!
clpgotlyme
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7875

Icon 1 posted      Profile for clpgotlyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That might sound strange to most people, but its a big step up for me.I did have to do it in sections and take a nap afterwards, but I am still happy.

My husband and kids have been vacuuming for me for the last year. My energy is very slowly edging up.I have been on Rocephin for 1 month and Ceftin most of the rest of the time.

I have had short periods on other antibiotics, but have had bad reactions to most. I am also on Theralac daily, and Diflucan once a week.

I have had a lot of major problems since starting treatment(blood clot, kidney stones with hemmorage), but keep plugging along. Just thought I'd pass along a good story.
Cindy

--------------------
Cindy

Posts: 227 | From VA | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tequeslady
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6832

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tequeslady     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Way to go.
[woohoo]

Posts: 856 | From Texas | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Andie333
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 7370

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Andie333     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cindy,
Good for you; that's awesome! I'm so glad to hear about this. For me, it's been regaining things from my pre-Lyme life that have helped give me hope.

I don't think I'm quite up to vacuuming the house yet, but I have gotten to the point where I can actually cross my legs and fully straighten out my right leg.

Here's to big victories!!!

[Big Grin]

Andie

Posts: 2549 | From never never land | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
map1131
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 2022

Icon 1 posted      Profile for map1131     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I too celebrate these type of victories. You're not alone.

Wait till you vacuum the house and still have energy to do more. [woohoo]

Pam

--------------------
"Never, never, never, never, never give up" Winston Churchill

Posts: 6478 | From Louisville, Ky | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sofy
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 5721

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sofy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow, you gave the virgin a work out. Thats my whacky sense of humor. I use the vac so seldom Ive given it the name "the virgin"

You gotta laugh or youd cry.

I completely understand you triumphant feeling. Its the only gift of being sooo sick. You learn to love the mundane. We sure dont need any thing big and fancy to make us feel like were on top of the world. Whod a thought pushing the vac around could give such a trhill. Im thrilled for you.

Posts: 561 | From connecticut | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Biting Back
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6018

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Biting Back     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know what it feels like to accomplish such a feat. You go girl! Doing a little happy dance for you!

--------------------
 -

Posts: 703 | From Almost Heaven | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hopeful123
Member # 3244

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hopeful123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yippeeeeee!

--------------------
some days you're the bug, some days you're the windshield  -

Posts: 1160 | From NY | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HEATHERKISS
Member # 6789

Icon 6 posted      Profile for HEATHERKISS     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yippee! [Big Grin] You're not alone! [kiss] I vaccummed my basement, cobwebs and corners! [Wink]

I was so proud I gave my husband the grand tour.

--------------------
HEATHER

-

Posts: 1974 | From ABERDEEN, NJ 07747 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
clpgotlyme
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7875

Icon 1 posted      Profile for clpgotlyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks everyone for the encouragement.I cant wait to tell my Dr. next month. I think I'm one of her harder patients! She is very supportive, though. She keeps telling me to look back after a year, not weekly or monthly.
Cindy

--------------------
Cindy

Posts: 227 | From VA | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sofy
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 5721

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sofy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Cindy, I dont want to contradict your doc but now you can look back on the vaccume day. Thes remarkable days have dropped on my doorstop now and then and then not to return for months.

I tuck them away in my dishelved filing cabinet of a brain but can always find them when Im feeling "What the point of just being a blob on the sofa" days. I take them out and they remind me that if it happened before it can come back and happen again so hang on to the sofa and dont fall off and meet my maker.

Those days are gifts and I try to use them to their fullest.!!!!!!!!

Revel in your memory of a full vac. bag. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and in this case collected dust is BEAUTIFUL!!!!

Perhaps we can create a new art form. Any ideas?? I remember once, seeing a woman who made art from lint from the dryer. Maybe we can even make some money out of it.

Ok, Ive gotten myself laughing and all revved up so am going to run in and do my pilates performer maching before the tank goes empty.

Posts: 561 | From connecticut | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
clpgotlyme
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7875

Sofy, I like the "virgin" name for your vacuum! I think that burst of energy did me in. Havent done a lot since then except the usual work. Of course, I started my period so that doesnt help.I guess maybe I should have videotaped myself vacuuming so I remember how to next year!

My best friend is a bundle of energy. She is constantly painting and redecorating her house. She keeps trying to get me to let her help me, but I'm not up to it yet!

Luckily she understands most of the time when I cant do something. We usually stick to going to Starbucks and talking.
Thanks for the laugh,
Cindy

--------------------
Cindy

bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
congrats Cindy!

I know what you mean; this week I'm finally dusting 6-12 months later since I can't sleep.

I try to do 1 room per night or most of it....

now to vacuum floors good; upholstery isn't done often enough.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
iceskater
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8655

Icon 1 posted      Profile for iceskater     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello my friend: I use to competively skate, ballet, yoga. Worked 2 jobs and was the most wonderfuul athletic healthy person before the critter struck. I no longer can drive, vision is decreasing in addition to hearing. My parents now take care of me as my apt and job are long gone and am on disability. I congratulate you on your spunk and clean room. I can help Mom with some laundry on a real good day and able to still feed all of our cats in the morning and take a bath each day and do sudoko puzzles. Life has changed for all of us so so dramatically: enjoy your victories my friend. Way to go!!! Keep this up and some of us might hire you to do our houses!!! [bow]
Posts: 719 | From Delaware | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
clpgotlyme
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7875

Betty, I dust only one room at a time too!Now the windows need cleaning, but I think I'll ask hubby to do it.

Skater,I have been very debilitated with Lyme as well. I have made progress, but very slowly. I hope you will start to feel better soon.
Cindy

--------------------
Cindy

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement