LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » Went to the gyno yesterday.........

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Went to the gyno yesterday.........
HEATHERKISS
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 6789

Icon 3 posted      Profile for HEATHERKISS     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I haven't been to the gyno in 6 yrs. Had a really bad experience.

Anyway a wonderful Lymie phone freind lectured me and reccommend a gyno in my area.

He was great! I ussually like a woman gyno. But this guy was super super professional and extremely likeable.

He wasn't in a hurry and listened to everthing.

Also,

this is big!!!!!

Nothing negative about my lyme treatment was said! and the gyno was also familiar w/ one lyme dr in the area!

Unbelievable huh?!

Oh yea and he'll call me with the results of the three tests. Very nice.

--------------------
HEATHER

-

Posts: 1974 | From ABERDEEN, NJ 07747 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
snowflake
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8950

Icon 1 posted      Profile for snowflake     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's wonderful!! Glad you found a good one and didn't have to defend your lyme diagnosis or treatment. The gyno events can be very interesting some times.

My friend told me recently about an experience at her soon to be ex gyno where the guy started using euphemisms for the menstrual cycle while doing her exam.

He talked about "the crimson flood, playin the ragtime band, clean up on aisle one, vampire biscuits, and Miss Scarlet coming home."

Unbelievable! I told my friend maybe he was just trying to make her laugh in an uncomfortable situation but we both thought it was really unprofessional. I said, "Well, you should have told him at the end of the exam you better get going because 'Uncle Max and Aunt Flo from Tampa' were coming to visit."

She's looking for a new GYN but it's hard in rural areas to find a good one. They are few and far between.

--------------------
We have only this moment, sparkling like a star in our hand... and melting like a snowflake. Let us use it before it is too late.

Posts: 221 | From the hills | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HEATHERKISS
Member # 6789

Icon 1 posted      Profile for HEATHERKISS     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think she should tell him she felt uncomfortable with the jokes. Or preffers no period jokes.

My new guy just went ahead and did a breast exam. Which for all my life the gyno has asked first. But I didn't care. Just alittle surprised of the non announcement.

At this point in my life I'm just not embarrassed anymore. I think in my early 20s I would have been a little shocked.

Oh yea and learned something new. A slow starting dark colored period can be a sign of non ovulation. LOVELY!

-

Posts: 1974 | From ABERDEEN, NJ 07747 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cantgiveupyet
Member # 8165

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cantgiveupyet     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hmm i get that heather...the slow start and dark...im all messed up in that area.

Im so glad that you went and had a good experience...sounds like you have a good dr. Plus he is going to call you with results....most dr now a days make you track down your own results.

Im proud of you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i like the pic [Razz]

--------------------
"Say it straight simple and with a smile."

"Thus the task is, not so much to see what no one has seen yet,
But to think what nobody has thought yet, About what everybody sees."

-Schopenhauer

pos babs, bart, igenex WB igm/igg

Posts: 3156 | From Lyme limbo | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hopeful123
Member # 3244

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hopeful123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
how DID you get my picture? [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

--------------------
some days you're the bug, some days you're the windshield  -

Posts: 1160 | From NY | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement