LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » ER today; CHEST PAINS! "chest wall pain"! 7-26-06

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: ER today; CHEST PAINS! "chest wall pain"! 7-26-06
bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 9 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ER is where I ended up today at 4 - 6 pm. I was having chest pains left side by the heart area from the time I got up today.

Today was the beginning of 2 more NEW supplements to my regiment, and I had to have EMPTY tummy; so I ate 2 hrs. after pills were taken. Still had this funny feeling; didn't increase in pain, & it didn't go anywhere else.

Last Friday, I woke up with the right side of my JAW area upper cheek area hurting, could NOT chew well, & it hurt so bad. That pain is still here too. So I told them about it in ER.

I was there 2 hrs. only. Got my history, and I drug my 2" file from Dr. Vrchota, LLMD/Minn. there along with a sack of MY PILLS/SUPPLEMENTS, and a few other necessities. Hubby can not move well, so filled him in on what was going on & left...it's 5 minutes to dr/ER!

I'd rather be safe then sorry, and this time requested a room w/TV if possible since Lance Armstrong would be in Iowa's RAGBRAI/bike race across Iowa with 10,000 other bikers on behalf of his cancer foundation.

They got my history, made copies of my newest LLMD/SUPPLEMENT/BLOOD LAB WORK, etc.

They took new blood labs today: STILL HIGH:

glucose/sugar 129
WBC 12.6
RDW 16.2
plt count 477
absolute neutro # 8.4
absolute mono # 0.7

everything else normal:

RBC, HGB, HCT, MCV, MCH, MCHC, SEGS, LYMPHS, MONOS, EOS, BASOS, absolute lyme no., absolute eo #, and absolute baso #

total prot., serum, albumin, globulin, AG radio, calcium, alk phos, bilirubin, total..AST/SGOT, ALT/SGPT, bun, creat serum; bun/creat ratio, sodium, potassium, chloride, and CO 2 and CPK.

cardiac testing:
relative index <3 is in borderline 3-5 area
CK-MB <5 is in borderline 5-10

CPK is 23 ... normal 21 - 215
troponin I < 0.1 normal 0. - 0.1

They did chest xrays --- determined it was CHEST WALL PAIN.

Chest wall is made up of skin, muscles, ribs, & the joints betwen the ribs & breast bone/sternum. Pain in any of these tissues can be just like your pain.

Also, pain from any of these tissues heals with the same treatment. Different tissues heal at different speeds. You should only improve from now on.
DO:

rest & use ANTI-INFALLATORY meds/ibuprofen;
use a heating pad for comfort

call your dr. if you have any NEW/SEVERE sx.

Hate to see this 2 hr. bill, but thank God my BCBS/medicare will cover it! later, Bettyg

one good thing, my new LLMD wanted me to redo my blood tests on red/white blood cells/platelets since they have been running high for 2-3 months now.

On a rx form where she wrote she wanted another complete blood workup, she wrote 2 medical terms down & sent this with my summary of last visit. I look them both up online:

1 is for leukemia; other is for a blood disorder! I don't need this on top of wht I'm going thru!

So I hope when I mail these reports to her that this is it .... it's an infection causin the high numbers!

my excitement for the day which took place after I was working on TINCUP's state projects noticing major mistakes being made that needed to be edited now vs. later during deadlines! May be that brought on my chest pains? ha [Big Grin]

I was thinking back, 2 nights ago, I cut off 1 peony bush at the baseline, and whenever I lean forward like that I end up hurting myself due to my hiatal hernia/gerd areas! [toilet] Bettyg

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
5dana8
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 7935

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5dana8   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Betty

sorry you had to check in at a duck motel today [Frown]

but like you said better safe than sorry.

I am so glad to hear it's not a heart attack. Your heart is too precious to act up! [Smile]

I wouldn't worry about the omnious quacking from the duck about your labs. Good to be on top of it but

I just wanted you to know that I had lycopeina (sp?) with my lyme and my labs went hay wire for a while. They are now normal again after treatment. But best to keep on top of that and be careful..

Could some of your new meds/supps be reaking havic with your blood chemistry?

Gardening can be hard . I wonder too if the pruneing you did strained some of those muscles?

Get some much needed rest and here's some healing hug for you

(((((Betty))))

feel better soon. [group hug]

--------------------
5dana8

Posts: 4432 | From some where over the rainbow | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seibertneurolyme
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 6416

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seibertneurolyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Betty,

Hubby would agree that today was no fun. What they are calling chest wall pain is what some docs call costochondritis. Unfortunately this is a fairly common Lyme symptom during herxes.

The first time hubby had this we went to an urgent care facility to rule out a heart attack. It can really hurt a lot.

Hang in there.

Bea Seibert

Posts: 7306 | From Martinsville,VA,USA | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pq
Member # 6886

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pq     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Betty
sorry to hear of your ordeal. glad your out!

pq

Posts: 2708 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 10 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you ladies! They unhooked the wires for me to have a chest xray; the tech brought me back to my ER room, and I mentioned .. shouldn't these be hooked up again?

BIG MISTAKE! She tried and was HURTING ME on a sale of 1-20 ...25! She gave up and in comes 1st RN and I said I was having pains again & hooking these up left side was very painful. She didn't listen, but hooked me up quickly thank God. SO VERY PAINFUL. Bettyg

Tincup
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5829

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tincup         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OH NO sweet thang!!!

Eeeeeeewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.. no no no!!!

NOT the dreaded duck motel! YIKES!

[Eek!]

Bless your heart!

It is good to see you escaped alive!! Got any feathers stuck in yer teeth from biting big duck butt?

You did the right thing going there though.. (yes, someone PLEASE slap me cause I DO NOT like duck motels).. but sometimes they are a necessary EVIL!!! We NEVER fool around in case it is a heart problem.. so I am proud of you for going.

And ouch-hhhhhhhhhh... costochondritis?

And Bea is right. It's a hurting you can't escape! HORRIBLE! And worse when herxing!

When it hits me... it feels like I fell and hit my chest on the top of a bayside dock piling... (trippin while fishin)... or like I fell from an airplane and landed on the tip top of a telephone pole.. on my chest and belly! Soooooooooooo sore.. and soooooooooooooo much pain!!!

Uggggggggggggg........

Well.. listen up... and listen good little lady.

You REST that chest, ya hear? No late night wet tee shirt contests for a while either! Shaking your booties will only make it hurt more!

Don't ask me how I know that either.

~SMILE~

Feel better soon.. and lettuce no how you are doing.. ok?

By the way.. do you have Babesiosis? If you don't mind me asking?

I saw a test result there that peaked my curiosity. Most of the tests I am too tired to comprehend.. but that RDW caught my eye.

Night night.

[Big Grin]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Posts: 20353 | From The Moon | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
elley0531
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9434

Icon 1 posted      Profile for elley0531     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm so sorry Betty!

You poor thing, I hate the hospital. Last time I was there for a Lyme thing I thought I had meningitis, and the doc examined me, said I had no temp, in fact my body temp was low. She said I had tension headaches! I couldn't move my head! yucky duckies

Yes I also have chest wall pain. Its wretched. Mine has been in the heart area, but now it lingers dead center, and if I do too much activity it wil hurt like crazy. Whats worse is due to stomach issues I can't take any anti inflammatories.

Wouldn't worry too much about the blood thing, you're on alot of stuff and fighting an illness(es) all of which can affect your blodd levels, more than liekly your doc is just trying to be safe instead of sorry.

Posts: 594 | From NJ/NY | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Michelle M
Member # 7200

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Michelle M   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good golly, Ms. Betty.

I'm so sorry you had to go through this.

But I'm so proud of you for being smart and pro-active.

Anything heart-related or brain related -- get to the duck motel, fast! Even if you gotta beat em over the head about your lyme stuff, that's OK. So good job!

And good for you for taking all your LLMD stuff with you. Those ducks probably never met a more educated patient!

Now, let's get to the bottom of it, with at least the assurance it isn't a ticker problem but just more of Boris & Myrtle Burgdorferi and their shenanigans...

Do keep us posted!

Michelle

Posts: 3193 | From Northern California | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LookingforHope
Member # 9680

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LookingforHope     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Betty,
Sorry to hear about you problems with you heart/ chest wall pain. I was in the ER in Des moines in July, It was busy, and I had to wait 3 1/3 hours, before I got to a room, the doctor came in I told him I had POTS/ and a pacemakers, and we are looking into lymes, I told him I had chest pain, so the did a EKG, it showed pacing by then waited so long, the they gave my fliuds for an hour, pain meds thought the IV, and then sent me home. I couldn't even stand up with starting to feel like I was going to pass out, I told them I drove myself and there was no way I could get anyone there for an hour to drive me home. They said its ok you can drive your self.

So anyways I went to my cardio, a few days later and sure enough my tacky is back so we uped the meds, but I think its so bad I am going to get over a $2000.00 bill for a doctor to give me fliuds and pain meds when really I kenw it was my heart all along.

Please if you contiune to have problems email me, and I can give you some good names a cadrio's in iowa, and some one to stay away from.

I hope you start feeling better soon!

Posts: 51 | From Des Moines, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Betty! I'm SOOO sorry you ended up in the duck motel!!

Sounds like they were on top of things. Be sure to go back if things get worse, OK??

WE love you ... take care! [Smile]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 6 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Morning, oops; it's afternoon already; slept till 130 pm today after going to bed 4 am!

Thank you ALL so much for your support, comforting words, questions, and JUST CARING! You ALL know how much that means from others "walking in your shoes"! [group hug] [kiss]

Tincup, babs are NEGATIVE on Igenex co-infections testng 4-06; others neg. too. TC, now you know with all THAT PAIN in my chest how much it HURTS TO LAUGH;

I'm in worse shape NOW after reading your post then when I went into the ER! Shame on you since your description of my pain was so realistic I felt the pain for every scenario you stated!/

Lookingforhope/Amy, thanks so much! I'll keep you in mind. By the way, in the last day or two, I read something I believe from AZURE ZONE, who's in her 20s also and got SSDI/disability benefits. You 2 should get together about your claim Amy since she WON hers; she might have some tips to share due both of you being SO YOUNG!

If I've missed someone's questions/etc., please rewrite them and I'll answer ok. I started taking this new sleep formula supplement LLMD recommended last weekend, and I think it's starting to work. I'm just like a zombie now! Don't know which is better ... ha! [Big Grin]

Thank you dear ones for all the love, support, and comfort you bring to the board each and every day for us all. [group hug] [kiss] Nothing is worse than having NO ONE TO CARE about us lymies.

PS - after getting off here early am, I watched cspan. They were discussing RX med addictions where young people get this stuff for a "high" and end up dead. 3 parents spoke, and there was not a dry eye including the chairman of this committee! They were ALL professional people with a background of abusing drugs and did not notice it in their own kids where they had OPEN communication. Bettyg

kitkat32
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9682

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kitkat32     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So sorry to hear of your trip to the ER. I missed your earlier post..sorry.

I hate going to the ER. Good idea to get the ticker checked though. I get the chest wall pain alot too..ouch.

Hope you feel better soon.

kit

Posts: 655 | From Pennsylvania | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
iceskater
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8655

Icon 1 posted      Profile for iceskater     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Betty: Sorry to hear of all of your ordeal with the ducks! Am very glad that you are home and was checked out. Keeping you in thoughts and prayers . Your friend, skater
Posts: 719 | From Delaware | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Kit and Sandi, thank you both for the posts and to all above as well.

Boy, my chest still hurts and my hiney ... tailbone is out of wack and to the left of the tailbone! WOW ...huge OUCH! HARD to find comfy spot in bed.

100 plus heat index and HUMID; glad to stay in today & this weekend. Whoops, I did go to the nursing home & grocery store.

hopeful123
Member # 3244

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hopeful123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hey betty,

feel better real soon, ya hear?
[kiss]

--------------------
some days you're the bug, some days you're the windshield  -

Posts: 1160 | From NY | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 10 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey hopeful!

Thanks so much for the lovely greeting today! Yes, I'm feeling much better than when I went into ER. Just making sure I don't do any type of gardening where I have to lean forward like cutting out a peony bush to the ground! ha [Big Grin]

We had unexpected company just now, 2 ladies from BANKERS LIFE Insurance co. So since they saw me come in slowly/cautiously and with my 3 frozen ice packs placing them behind my lower hips, left thigh, and upper back, they asked what was wrong.

So they then became MY audience while I educated them about chronic LYME DISEASE! Never heard of it...good, boy, I didn't shut up for 15 minutes, and made sure I gave them LYME BROCHURES each plus a couple of others to have in their work suitcases to share WITH OTHER clients/potential customers in the future. They said they would read thoroughly. Gave the head woman my email also for more LYME info. Not a bad day's work for being inside. [group hug] [kiss]

Finally got to open our windows today after 1 week of this 100 temps/HUMIDITY! We feel for you all out east just getting what we just had...uffda! Bettyg

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement