LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » SSI hearing on Monday, thank you

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: SSI hearing on Monday, thank you
livinlyme
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 3773

Icon 1 posted      Profile for livinlyme   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you for your support with this.

Although I am not able to function enough to sort through the mess and stack of papers nor get a function report together.

I called my attorney's office today and asked them if they had enough and do I need to get any thing else together for them and how does it look?

They said the reports are helping things. In the assistants personal option she said it looks "GOOD!"
The attorney is going to review them tomorrow in preparation for the hearing and will call me sometime tomorrow which I am attending a neurologist appointment to address the reoccurrence of seizures. I don't know what I will get from him in regard to this I really don't have it in me to pursue this much further .
I have been given time off from work 1 week past and 1 more week to help me get over pulled muscles in my back due to coughing and my continued coughing spells. the doctor did say to get plenty of bed rest to help get over this.

I am dismissed from work until the 8th which is after the hearing on the 7th. I can not afford this time off so if they do not determine in favor of my hearing we will have great difficulty in keeping a roof over our heads.

I asked the attorney if I need a function or a list of my health over the years they said that I have enough with the current reports and things should go well. I am bringing my report of my health issues and what has transpired just in case this is not sufficient.

I have been sick since an early age which tracks back to age 9 but I have managed to keep employed for many years since then and the more recent issues and total decline in my health began after the head on collision in 1995, where I have been unable to secure lengthy periods of work without requiring surgery or other means of medical help in order to get me through.

The only thing I have successfully accomplished since my injury in 1995 and medical decline was attend online university to obtain my ASSOC degree as a paralegal while being treated with oral antibiotics which helped maintain my mental ability to complete the course.

If anyone has serious concerns of attending school and the physical is limiting your ability to attend physically an online education is an excellent answer to help obtain goals in the field of education with serious physical limitations. It is costly but it is functional in this area. since when you have really bad days you can manage to stay on target on the better days and not have to leave the house!

I want to thank you all for your support and keep us in your thoughts as my final days are approaching. I will need much support through this time...

I am not sure if I can ever return to work so if there is no immediate determination or it is a denial please pray that we have enough to hold us over and get us through rougher days to follow when we have no money to pay our bills....

I will also be fighting for my youngest my 17 year old who has Bipolar; Lyme; ADHD; anxiety/depression; thyroid disorder; preformance and social anxiety, which I beleive is mostly centering around the Lyme! who can not manage to work for more than 4 days before he crashes..

I can not force him to go back in when he is suicidal and crying from the exhaustion. I can only relate to his plight. He wants to work and does the same thing I do .. builds himself up and then comes crashing down to the floor....
how horrible this disease is and how much we seriously need a cure...not jsut a temporary fix!

--------------------
"Hatred paralyzes life; love releases it. Hatred confuses life; love harmonizes it. Hatred darkens life; love illuminates it."

Posts: 1389 | From who knows, who cares, but somewhere over the rainbow | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MagicAcorn
Member # 8786

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MagicAcorn     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Linda,

Good luck to you on Monday.

If you have any added details bring them. As a paralegal you know you can never be over prepared, only under prepared.

I think you are very articulate and will do fine when at the hearing. You also know that attorneys always say "good" even if your chances are great. They also do not say "good" if they think your chances are not good.

If the attorney said your chances are good, then believe them. As a paralegal you know they do not give false hope. They will say something like it may go either way, or it is not looking as prominsing as hoped. So an attorney saying it looks good is a good thing.

Keep your chin up, and be hopeful. Take care of your sons to the best of your ability. This time next week I hope you come back and tell us how it went.

Your idea of educating others about your husband and father is a good one and might be very healing also for you.

Good luck next week.

Acorn

--------------------
 -

Posts: 1279 | From In hiding | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 10 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Linda, you are most welcome for the advise/guidance I was able to give you on short notice here.

As acorn said, take MORE, not less; be over prepared.

If it should look like the judge will DENY you or says, speak up, and ask what else he needs to make it favorable, and ask to get this to him within 1-2 weeks!

Yes, we HOPE TO HEAR THE GOOD NEW NEXT TUESDDAY! But most will NOT tell you at this meeting what their decision is.

Praying for you Linda & your lyme sons.
Bettyg [group hug] [kiss]

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
livinlyme
Member # 3773

Icon 1 posted      Profile for livinlyme   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you both acron and bettyg for your replies
I am going to bring my box of papers whihc is a small sterilite box which is half full of medical reports and hospital ER visits.

Including all of the reports I have sent to the attorney....

I will certainly post on here once I return or at least the day after since I will most likely be completely spent before this day is finished..

please veiw my new post on medical as I have some more concerns about having my trial run on the neuro-stimulator implant on Tuesday the 8th since medical will not cover my script from Dr. H...

I'm getting very worried now about even haveing a chance at being able to move about again
Thank you Linda D

--------------------
"Hatred paralyzes life; love releases it. Hatred confuses life; love harmonizes it. Hatred darkens life; love illuminates it."

Posts: 1389 | From who knows, who cares, but somewhere over the rainbow | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ann-OH
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 2020

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ann-OH     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am rooting for you, Linda.

Try to respond as you do when you are home, not at work when you are on best behavior and most cheerful. Let them see what this has really done to your life.

Ann - OH

Ann

--------------------
www.ldbullseye.com

Posts: 5705 | From Ohio | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aniek
Member # 5374

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Aniek     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wishing you the best of luck!

A little bit of advice, make sure your lawyer is arguing every possible reason you can't work. Don't let the lawyer rely on one symptom or one diagnosis if you have multiple.

--------------------
"When there is pain, there are no words." - Toni Morrison

Posts: 4711 | From Washington, DC | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
livinlyme
Member # 3773

welp not like I didn't knwo the answer to this one.. but neurologist confirmed the abnormal eeg... put me on topromax.. but like 20 some years ago they told me once abnormal always abnormal ..
then again with all in medicine (when does something always remain the same.. NEVER)

so I wasn't sure if that theory "once abnormal always abnormal) was still a carved in stone theory or not.. I was waiting for it to come back normal.. since most everything with Lyme is inconsistant!!!!
I was counting on it being normal instead of abnormal!!
LOL

--------------------

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement