LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » Walk Against Lyme Disease -- website is up and running!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Walk Against Lyme Disease -- website is up and running!
shazdancer
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 1436

Icon 1 posted      Profile for shazdancer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How else can you detox, exercise, and raise money at the same time? [Big Grin]

Here is the website for the Walk Against Lyme Disease:

http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/WalkAgainstLymeDisease/

It is a Yahoo email group.

Sign up, and you will receive links to 3 documents: the cover letter, a pledge sheet, and a How This Works sheet. That should help explain it all for you.

You will need 4 people to make a team. They can be people you will walk with, or people from anywhere in the world, connected only by email. Designate one person to be the team leader.

Walk as much or as little as you want during the month of May. Collect pledges and donations to support your walk. Tell the group how it's going -- if you went anywhere neat, met anyone cool, or learned anything profound because of your Walk.

Have your team leader report your team's miles each week. The LOSING team will have to donate an additional $100 ($25 each) to a Lyme cause. You lose, everybody wins!

Feel free to pass this information around to Lyme groups in your area. The more people get into this across the country, the easier it is to raise funds and increase awareness.

Let's have fun with this!

Walkies,
Shaz

Posts: 1558 | From the Berkshires | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mjo
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7876

Icon 14 posted      Profile for mjo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Shaz,

I didn't notice this walk idea last year. Great motivator! I hope groups join in with you.

Borrow any phrases you want from my post. We called our event a "LymeWalk-for those who can't/Run for Research."

Thanks for your support.

I hope it was clear in my post that people didn't have to contribute to our walk,that having their names (first names only!) and county sent in a PM to me was a way of contributing their support. Lots of Lymenetters can barely afford to stay connected, let alone donate money. And some find writing letters too overwhelming, so this is an easy way to be there!

Anyone can send a list of names to me too. Each person doesn't have to respond individually. I have one friend in Madison who's contacting people all over the place to ask if they'd like to be represented.

I should mention, too, that you don't have to be in a wheelchair or using a cane to send your name. Lyme disease has many crippling effects, mental, physical, emotional.

Thanks Shaz and all for sharing!

Posts: 422 | From Luck home | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
imanurse
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7022

Icon 1 posted      Profile for imanurse     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What a fabulous idea! Great job for getting this organized.

--------------------
**Eat Chocolate**

Posts: 942 | From USA | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement