LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » writing an autobiography on generations of lyme HELP NEEDED

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: writing an autobiography on generations of lyme HELP NEEDED
livinlyme
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 3773

Icon 1 posted      Profile for livinlyme   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
anyone know of a publisher or someone to back my autobiogrpahy on generations of lyme disease.. it is titled:
An Autobiography: A lifetime of Lyme

it gives life details and history of all 9 members in a family tree who suffered with lyme and died but beofre they died after many years of suffering found out the common thread of why the family was so sick and symptoms seemed to parallel but no one could figure out why until... well you can guess what the common thread was I am sure..

I will also need some factual backing on more recent information on treatment recommendations and protocol since there is still no cure for it...

I know someone on this board had a book published or at least someone told me that someone did .. Not sure if they are still on the board or not.. but

I am asking for any help to make this happen.. the book of course sounds like so many ours lives that have been touched by LD...I am talking about Lyme Disease, Not Linda DAgosta..

funny I just realized that my initials are the same as Lyme Disease.. that sux even more..

Thanks in advance..
L8r
Linda D

--------------------
"Hatred paralyzes life; love releases it. Hatred confuses life; love harmonizes it. Hatred darkens life; love illuminates it."

Posts: 1389 | From who knows, who cares, but somewhere over the rainbow | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sounds like a very good project!! PJ Langhof has a book out.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 10 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
linda,

scroll down the pages here; i posted about her collecting our personal stories for another book she is writing!

heard from her lately as i'm overdue with my story to her; she has now enough stories for TWO BOOKS!

she's set herself a july 1 deadline to have all her work done and to publisher.

in what i posted is her email address so you can contact her that way linda!

good luck to you as well! [Wink]

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
livinlyme
Member # 3773

Icon 1 posted      Profile for livinlyme   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
thank you both I did send her my story but this one was going into more specific details on how many people in one family were afflicted adn never knew it until so much damage was done to the main male members of the family that we lost them both within a year ...

how similar all our lives and circumstnaces are all overlapping with symptoms and situations and how little focus is directed toward lyme disease rather it is directed away from the thought... how confused most medical doctors are about the issue and how soon they are to chalk it up to "you are a mental case" rather than delve into the matter and find the reason behind the symptoms..

like an automechanic who will fix a radiator hose but the problem is an internal leak into the block .. a hose is not going to resolve the problem...the problem only festers and becomes worse...

the more books out there about how interconnected the symptoms are and how many people even close to home have it the more people will become aware... we can not stop at just a few books ..

we need to flood the market and make people aware that they are not alone.. and that MS and FM and CFS are not always what they are cracked up to be.. and not always the correct answer to the problem..

that is where I come from had both male members of our family had an earlier DX of LD they might not have died so young...and Horribly

I dont know where you psoted and who it was you posted Bettyg.. I am really mentally fried lately ..

I havent been able to work on the book for that reason my eyes are gone too.. but I will try to figure out what you meant and get off this blasted computer..
thanks for your help gtg
l8r
LindaD

--------------------
"Hatred paralyzes life; love releases it. Hatred confuses life; love harmonizes it. Hatred darkens life; love illuminates it."

Posts: 1389 | From who knows, who cares, but somewhere over the rainbow | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
betty.... what link are you referring to?

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

my pc has lost the ADDRESS LINE, so i'm just copying all the comments in this thread in feb. 07

Topic: LYME STORIES NEEDED! PJ Langhoff's new lyme book! 2-20-07
bettyg
Frequent Contributor
Member # 6147

posted 20-02-2007 08:44 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Betty my dear,

whatever people want to send I'll read and edit and fit it in somewhere! NO WORD LIMIT TO WHAT YOU SUBMIT TO PJ!!

I am overwhelmed at the positive response I am receiving, so many people want to be heard. This book is not just about patients' stories, but other issues that are just not being discussed.

Any efforts to help make this a reality for so many people is APPRECIATED!

Thank you and bless you my IA friend.

One of these days I'll come back online there, but I am so bogged down with projects:

o I just completed 2 articles with 2 doctors on Babesia and Bartonella, one is being published on Medscape.com (JAMA's online journal!) 2/27/07 and the other we just submitted for publication.

o Also I just finished working with Dr. Schaller on 2 of his books, cowriting, editing and production, and am cowriting a new book with him on Bartonella.

o Also bi-monthly writing in Public Health Alert newsletter.

The projects just keep coming. But this book is high priority because there is a real need . PJ

Hi Betty,

Can you please do me a favor and post something on lymenet for stories? I am being bombarded by stories from all over the world right now, but I want as many as possible for the new book. People want to be heard!
Thanks so much, here's the content.
PJ
------

Do you want your personal lyme story to be included in a new book by author PJ Langhoff? Then submit it now and be heard!

PJ Langhoff, author of "The Singing Forest, a Journey Through Lyme Disease", and other books is now collecting personal stories about lyme disease and tick-borne illnesses to complete a new book for publication.

If interested, please submit your stories by April 1, 2007.

Include your name and indicate if you wish your name to be utilized or a pseudonym used, your city and state or country of origin and your story about lyme and/or coinfections.

I will edit your story for content and to fit within the book.

This is not a book about doses and treatments, although those may be included if you wish.

Problems obtaining physicians and treatments, disability, insurance, education, credence, anything may be noted. I will edit for relevance.

I am interested in the human side of lyme disease:

o how it makes the patient(s) feel,
o how it impacts the family and friends and relationships and
o as well as day-to-day struggles for credence.

If you have children with lyme, how it affects them in school, with their peers also is included .

If you or a loved one have/had problems with psychiatric lyme, there will be a section of the book dedicated to that topic as well. This is an area that has NOT had a lot of exploration, so you will be among the first to participate in this interesting and relevant aspect of lyme.

This is a PERSONAL look at lyme disease from the one who knows it best, ITS PATIENTS.

I thank you in advance for your contributions to this project. It is my hope that people everywhere will see the real faces of lyme disease.

Participating together in a project such as this, is a great way to have your voice and story heard.

Please email to: [email protected]

Many thanks and feel free to pass this on to as many people as you see fit.
PJ Langhoff, Wisc.

livinlyme
Member # 3773

I emailed her tonight with a long windy email mroe detail than she needs but that is where i am at.. my passion about spreading the news.. but my words now are more focused on writing than talking .. maybe because my vision is being challenged.. I fear the loss coming..I can most likely always be able to talk even without my eyes.. LOL

thank you for taking the tiem and helping me out here Bettyg
there is strentgh in numbers..
as history has proven time and again...
l8r Linda D

--------------------

livinlyme
Member # 3773

Thank you Bettyg
I have a reply and it appears my plans are in progress or at least they will be ....maybe later than sooner but non-the-less going to happen!

LindaD

--------------------

bettyg
Unregistered

linda, you are welcome.

i know PJ is busy trying to meet her deadlines to get her books to the publisher, but felt as time permits for her ... i know she would give you some basics, etc. to get your book published.

she's a very giving person! [Wink]

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement