LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » It's....Bart....

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: It's....Bart....
wiserforit
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9732

Icon 9 posted      Profile for wiserforit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, I guess the silver lining to the dark cloud of vexations that I've experienced lately is that we've discovered Bartonella for certain.

After reacting badly to Amox, going off it after one year of success, and experiencing all my old and forgotten symptoms in a cascade within two weeks.... my blood tests show high cortisol, high cholesterol and clearly positive Bartonella.

No wonder my feet and shins have plagued me for two years.

Now the uphill climb of how to treat, what I'll tolerate, blah, blah, blah... Starting with itty bitty dose of Mino with Rifampin waiting in the wings.

Feel like I'm starting all over again, except this time I kind of know what it's about instead of entering blindly.

AND I'm scheduled to take my children to Williamsburg in two weeks for spring vacation. quandry time...

And so it goes.

Wah,

wiserforit

[Frown]

Posts: 508 | From Banks of the Hudson | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kelmo
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 8797

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kelmo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm sorry...but at least you know now. Knock this down and there are clearer roads ahead!

Be gentle with yourself.

I just found out I'm bart positive, as well.

Posts: 2903 | From AZ | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hang in there, you two!! Better days are ahead!

Hopefully, this won't take very long??

[group hug]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
map1131
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 2022

Icon 1 posted      Profile for map1131     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wiser, wishing you the best results with your new treatment protocol for bart. My feet are a daily problem. My shin pain seems to run in cycles for years.

I've been on abx myself about 3 weeks, after almost 5 yrs abx-free. I'm taking it in low doses. Some days the fatigue is horrible. Some days the inflammation & achie-ness is horrible.

I am going to whisper this...no shin or long bone pain, feet or hand issues. Ibuprohen has been my best friend. 600-800 mg three times a day. Tramadol won't touch my inflammatory stuff.

Pam

--------------------
"Never, never, never, never, never give up" Winston Churchill

Posts: 6478 | From Louisville, Ky | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sixgoofykids   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In my experience, it only took a few weeks to feel significantly better in bart treatment. I hope your experience is the same!

I felt my symptoms melt away on Levaquin. I was about 70% before bart treatment, and about 95% after.

I'd stay on the mini dose until after spring break ... I mean, you have to have a life! Have fun in Williamsburg!

--------------------
sixgoofykids.blogspot.com

Posts: 13449 | From Ohio | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
laurie sm
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14584

Icon 1 posted      Profile for laurie sm     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tori- I hope you are doing okay on your new gradual doses of medication.

I hope you feel well enough for your family vacation.

Tomorrow I see Dr.L and the allergist. I am going to beg him for SOMETHING that I can see an improvement on whatever that may be.

I feel like I am going 1 step forward and 10 steps back!

My mom has been visiting and it's been hard trying to pretend. I never was a very good actress!

How did the tablecloth idea work out????

Hoping you are feeling a little better...

Laurie

Posts: 256 | From long island, new york | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5829

Icon 7 posted      Profile for Tincup         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry to hear you just now got the official results for Bart. But hopefully you kicked Lyme butt big time.

And as we know.. often the other infections are buried under the Lyme... so no one knows they are there until we kick the Lyme bird off its perch to see what lies beneath.

Good luck with the treatment... and try to enjoy the lovely upcoming vacation... maybe before attacking the Bart?

[Big Grin]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Posts: 20353 | From The Moon | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wiserforit
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9732

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wiserforit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey you guys, thank you for your replies!

Kelmo -- et vous aussi? Bart,eh? Methinks we should stay in touch. I wish you speedy results!

Tutu -- hopefully this won't take millions of years! I'm pretty slow on abx build-up, but at least i feel relatively certain of what to attack next. WOOSH.

map -- how are you doing/feeling? My heart goes out to you: i know that awful flu ache stuff too well. Hang tough and keep me posted and I'll try and do the same!

six -- I think I will ask to stay on the Malarone with the Mino before starting the Rifampin. I get depressamundo on Plaquenil. I just hope the Malarone can help with some of the non-Mino dizziness. Thank you for your smart PM!

Laurie -- Girlfriend, we be gabbing good, eh?! I'm thinking 'bout you and hoping your appt. goes well!

Tincup -- I never thought about having kicked Lyme butt. But, now that you've brought it up...yeah! I hoped I whomped those suckers. Now ROUND II with Bart with a couple upside-the-head-slaps for Babs. It sounds good, but I'm sort of dreading the incapacity of it all! Thanks for your reply, Tin...

[group hug] to you all...and to all a good nite,

wiserforit

Posts: 508 | From Banks of the Hudson | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5829

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tincup         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey wise...

I'll put on my boxing gloves and help you whomp up-side Bart's head if you'd like. My pleasure.

[Big Grin]

Just thought I'd let you know...

Dr. S in FL should be sharing his Bartonella book anytime now. His results are quite interesting. Do watch for it.

Also... I know folks who have been able to address their Bart and have found a HUGE difference in their condition once doing so. Hopefully YOU will have good luck too!

[Big Grin]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Posts: 20353 | From The Moon | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kelmo
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 8797

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kelmo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, wiser, let's keep in touch. Right now I'm not on abx. My vitamin D was low (31), not horrible, but low enough.

So, I'm up to 4000IU daily.

My daughter has been doing vitamin D for almost 18 months. She went from extremely low, like a 7, and is now up to 73.

Her neck lymph glands are now back to tiny size.

Mine are ballooned.

Take care...

Posts: 2903 | From AZ | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement