LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » Brain dead Friday.......anyone else?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Brain dead Friday.......anyone else?
Geneal
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 10375

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Geneal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't know if it is the weather, or my 5 year old who asked

Me the same question at least 500 times today. [dizzy]

Anyone else's brain on vacation?

I hope our brains are at least having a good time.

I'm not.

Hugs,

Geneal

Posts: 6250 | From Louisiana | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KirstenS
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15146

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KirstenS     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm sorry to hear your brain is on vacation. But, I am right there with you.

I just make a joke about it and tell them it's like being Patrick on Spongebob Square Pants!
Duuuuuhhhhhhh [Eek!]

It is so strange to not be able to remember what you did yesterday let along and hour ago.

So let's get our vacationing brains together and make it a fun vacation!

Posts: 101 | From NJ | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KirstenS
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15146

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KirstenS     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was wondering why the brain fog gets worse as the treatment gets longer?

It is so hard when you can't even finish a sentence because you can't retrieve one little word.

Please tell me that this will go away someday and I will be able to use my brain again!

Posts: 101 | From NJ | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Geneal
Member # 10375

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Geneal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That is probably why I don't want a spect scan.

I just don't want to know how many white matter lesions I have. [Eek!]

I prefer to know my brain is plastic (sometimes more like play-doh),

And that it will step up to the plate (ie have another not damaged area take over the work).

My brain is in a deep freeze zone today....along with the rest of my body.

The word retrieval issue is big for me as I am (or was) a Speech Therapist.

Good news is that I have really good speaking days now.

Bad news is that I still have bad ones.

I am hoping the good really start out weighing the bad.

My brain is toasting your brain with a beer!

Hugs,

Geneal

Posts: 6250 | From Louisiana | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monica922
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 13496

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Monica922     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Geneal
You are funny. I said the same thing about today...like I am back in my brain fog. It is exhausting. I might have to use the Sponge Bob Patrick analogy with my kids too..LOL.

Posts: 422 | From CT | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
laurie sm
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14584

Icon 1 posted      Profile for laurie sm     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi everyone- Do you find that the brain fog gets worse as the day goes on?

My head feels like it is frying by 3:00PM especially if I have used my brain too much as in talking on the phone.

No reading or math for me...

LAurie

Posts: 256 | From long island, new york | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Geneal
Member # 10375

Dear Laurie,

Some days I have little fatigue until evening.

Then it is like I've been steam rolled.

Other days, like today, I could sleep standing up. I've felt this way since I got up.

Makes motherhood very challenging especially with two very active children.

I do wear down depending on what I did on a particular day.

Walmart days just about do me in....pushing the buggy, being a referee with my kids,

And the increased cost of food. [Eek!]

I would be rich if I didn't have to eat.

Hugs,

Geneal

laurie sm
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14584

Icon 1 posted      Profile for laurie sm     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dear Geneal- You would also be rich if there was no Lyme and if you didn't have to fill up your car!

Yesterday my daughter told me she thinks I am a vampire because I spend so much time in my quiet dark bedroom during the day!

I was actually out on my deck for 3 hours yesterday trying to enjoy the weather.

I am thankful that I don't have little ones to take care of. Kudos to you for doing it!!!!

Here's to better days and healing brains

Laurie

Posts: 256 | From long island, new york | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AliG
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 9734

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AliG     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
.................and Saturday too, for me. [Frown] [group hug]

I sure hope that YOU are feeling better today!!! I didn't think it was possible yesterday but I'm feeling worse.

Yes, it seems to be STUPENDOUSLY STUPID SATYRDAY for me!!!!

I was going to fix the type-o, but screw it, it just proves my point. [Roll Eyes]

I had to fix the one in the "rolleyes" or it wouldn't work & then, when I started to fix it, I looked at it & couldn't remember how it was spelled.

Feelin' any better about yourself yet? [Big Grin]

Excuse me, I smell something unpleasant. I believe I may have forgotten that I was trying to cook something. [bonk]

As bad as it gets....it could ALWAYS be worse!!!!! [kiss]

Somehow after I typed that last line, I lost it. I found it up near the "eyeroll" & had to cut & paste it down here. Another point proven. [dizzy]

I'd better cut this out before I have to start MY OWN fog-head thread!!!!!!

Ya just gotta keep laughing....it keeps you from crying!!!

[hi]
Ali

--------------------
Note: I'm NOT a medical professional. The information I share is from my own personal research and experience. Please do not construe anything I share as medical advice, which should only be obtained from a licensed medical practitioner.

Posts: 4881 | From Middlesex County, NJ | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kam
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 3410

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hope your brain gets a much needed rest soon.

I liked the title...instead of TGIF...

It is BDF or BDS or BDM...etc

Ah how lyme changes our perspective on things

Walmart shuts me done. I can usually only pick up one or two things. The lights, sounds, ???

It is just not lyme friendly.

I left there the other day with very little food and a larger bill than I expected. Walmart is still cheaper than the other places in town.

I saw an Oprah show about professionals going dumpster diving. They had nutritious food...fresh vegies and fruit and eggs that still had not passed the shelf date.

I wondered after leaving Walmart where those dumpsters are. HA!

Can you just see a person with lyme trying to dumpster dive. I would end up in the dumpster until someone came along to get me out. YECK YECK YECK

Basha's here has day care at the store for little ones. Cool.

Posts: 15927 | From Became too sick to work or do household chores in 2001. | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bejoy
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 11129

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bejoy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Any better today, Geneal?

I sent my brain out to meet yours for another beer run last night, and I think it broke curfew. I'm having a pretty good day, but I'm not as think as you smart I am.

While my brain was out socializing with yours, I ate loads of junk and birthday cake at the neighbors of the blank stare. Now I've gotta face facts and cut out all the fun for a very very long time, cause I'm a walking bakery.

You know, that Walmart thing, what a trip!

I gave up on Walmart after two tries, when one opened up near us. I just couldn't make it to the checkstand with a three year old in tow, without a pile of must-haves she had thrown into the cart, and still find my debit card, or remember my pin number.

I'm fully impressed that you're even home by now. I'd end up like the Wallmart girl in "Where the Heart Is." I'd just have to move in, because I couldn't be sure of being able to find the front door if I spent enough time in there to gather my groceries.

By the way, my brain fog was often reduced by ibuprophen or by an little dose of cortef. It seemed to be related to inflammation. Go figure.

--------------------
bejoy!

"Do not go where the path may lead; go instead where there is no path and leave a trail." -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Posts: 1918 | From Alive and Well! | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Geneal.... When does the oldest enter kindergarten?? [Big Grin]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement