LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » Happy Memorial Day weekend- What are you doing?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Happy Memorial Day weekend- What are you doing?
Tincup
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5829

Icon 7 posted      Profile for Tincup         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Anyone have plans for the holiday weekend?

May you enjoy!

[Big Grin]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Posts: 20353 | From The Moon | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm doing nothing, absolutely nothing. Boring, boring, boring.

Maybe I can talk hubby into SOMETHING! There's so much to do here... but no money to do it with!! [Razz]

Hope you find something exciting to do, Ms Tinny! [hi]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wantabe
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14703

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wantabe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Finding the energy, I need to clean my bedroom so my hubby can install my new fir sauna [Big Grin]

I then need to correct papers, grade and record final grades for the last 4 weeks of school-haven't done any paper work at all! [Eek!] Luckily, I only have 84 students this term.

Last, but not least, I need to relax and stay calm about getting a picc line on Tuesday-starting to freak out a bit... [dizzy]

Hope all have a great weekend!
wantabe

--------------------
Lyme+ dx Dec.07
Currently: Levaquin,Cefdinir,Plaquinil,Fluconazole
Nystatin,B12 meth, nortriptyline
Ambien,Clonazepam,many supplements
Dairy, sugar, gluten free diet
infrared sauna and exercise

Posts: 235 | From Iowa | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OH Wantabe!! I wish I could help you!! I remember those days of getting report cards ready!!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Geneal
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 10375

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Geneal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am going to try to get up the gumption to start going through piles of stuff.

See what we use, don't use, want to use but haven't had the space, etc.

I really don't want to do it.....I have to.

I am hoping to BBQ some steaks on Monday to celebrate almost finished house! [Smile]

I really would like a chocolate snow-cone with condensed milk on top.

That would be a holiday any day! [Big Grin]

Hugs,

Geneal

Posts: 6250 | From Louisiana | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

I want chocolate in any form!!...but we digress!! [lol]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Melanie Reber
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 3707

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Melanie Reber   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I get three days off from work to sleep, sleep sleep! [Smile]

Happy Holiday everyone,
M

Posts: 7052 | From Colorado | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cantgiveupyet
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 8165

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cantgiveupyet     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
going thru some clothes I no longer wear and seeing if I can sell them to Plato's closet to get some money.

I really need to just relax though.

--------------------
"Say it straight simple and with a smile."

"Thus the task is, not so much to see what no one has seen yet,
But to think what nobody has thought yet, About what everybody sees."

-Schopenhauer

pos babs, bart, igenex WB igm/igg

Posts: 3156 | From Lyme limbo | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 10 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
wantabe, good luck with the grades, etc. and more importantly, prayers going to you on your picc line for NO problems.

you've got here to come to talk to all who HAVE/had them and what to do!

may this effort be the beginning of getting you into remission!

my peonies and lilies aren't in bloom yet, so can't take them to hubby's side where only fresh cut flowers must be vs. silk flowers.

we always go to my folks cemetary for yearly ceremony and then to my sis's grave 3 miles down the road. her kids/ex come where we are, so we get to visit briefly with them.

always watch pbs's MEMORIAL DAY CEREMONY at DC; always so impressive/meaningful!

try to spend another 2 hrs. cleaning 1 corner of mybedroom. it will be 8 hrs. by the time i get it completely cleaned well. uffa.

will box up stuff to sell at garage sale, etc. need to DECLUTTER for a move somewhere WAY down the line when hubby's parkinson's gets much worse since i can't keep up outside.

never rode our new rider tractor mower from 1 yr. ago!

of course ... time here but REDUCED HOURS!

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hshbmom
Member # 9478

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hshbmom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My Mom is coming to visit tomorrow. This will be her second visit in two years. She's very supportive and is coming to take a couple kids for a couple of weeks...giving me a little break.

Monday is my husband's company picnic at a local farm with an activity for everyone.

...such as a catered picnic (ribs!), homemade ice cream, cotton candy, hay ride, train ride, petting zoo, fish in the catfish pond (poles & bait provided!), covered bridge over a creek, dip your feet in the creek and relax in a porch swing under the bridge, or swim/wade in the creek, miniature golf, inflatable slides & jumpers, bungee bull ride, horseback riding, trail ride, huge gated play area for little kids, bingo, live band & dancing....door prizes, etc...

...wish you all could come enjoy this with us!

My teen just got out of a 2-day EEG; we're ready to relax.

Posts: 1672 | From AL/WV/OH | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LaurenTurner
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 12320

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LaurenTurner     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My inlaws are visiting. We may have a bbq too. We just moved into a new house so I'm excited to give them a tour. I hope eveyrone has a great weekend!!! [Smile]
Posts: 248 | From Tejas | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5829

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tincup         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Your plans sound fun!

Thanks to a sweet friend.. and it was a NICE surprise... I just saw the movie... Under Our Skin!

Oh my....

[Big Grin]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Posts: 20353 | From The Moon | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lou4656
Member # 10300

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lou4656     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
TC - congrats on seeing the movie.

We are having a pajama party tomorrow. Everyone wears pajamas and we collect children's pajamas to donate to a local children's hospital. When the kids are in the hospital, they don't like wearing the hospital gowns. So a local charity collects children's pajamas for the hospital so the kids don't have to wear the hospital gowns.

It's fun to see everyone play horseshoes and baseball in their pajamas.

--------------------
LouLou

Posts: 1276 | From maryland | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

lou... Sounds wonderful!!

Nancy... I'll pass, but it sounds like great fun as long as you're not afraid of ticks!! [Razz]

TC.. I'm jealous!

Betty.. Where's hubby??

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 10 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
.... tutu, hubby is HOME; but is going downhill more and more. it's quite evident, so i'm looking down the road and approaching him about this/that.

asked him to go to assisted living/nursing homes to scout where we want to move to when he gets so bad i can't manage at home with him. NOPE.

YOU GO! also need to get a new car or something where he doesn't have to step in/over a HUMP. he's lost alot of feet/leg movement.

for awhile i was pulling him out of his LIFE OUT chair, and turning dining chair and then arranging his feet/legs so i could help him up. this was going on when i could barely get around myself.

discussed about adding onto house; nope.

30 years ago, should have built a LARGER bath/laundry room back then.

would be nice to have a shower; neither of us can get in/out of tub; so sponge baths!

we have 1 window there right near our gorgious magnolia tree which we love looking at and all birds/squirrels flying in/out of it. we're not willing to give it up to remodel. very small bathroom door!

so since i'm a pack rat, and papers galore....family trees, photos galore ... 10,000 plus/minus; i've got to start DECLUTTERING my mess! trying to get a head start.

thx for asking! he can ride riding mower; had to give up all his wordworking and saws galore! he can't write anything due to severe tremors!

we haven't been out to eat in 4 yrs. this sept.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement