LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » Bumper sticker results in questions

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Bumper sticker results in questions
hurtingramma
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7770

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hurtingramma     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When I came out of the grocery store yesterday, there was a lady standing next to my car reading my bumper sticker. I think it says something like "Lyme Disease, a national health crisis" I've had it on there so long, I can't even remember where I got it from.

Anyway, her friend has just been diagnosed with LD and she had a lot of questions. I answered the ones I could, and directed her to this site for other questions and support.

Her friend goes to my LLMD, so she's off to a good start. She was diagnosed with FM first, then when she saw him, he sent tests to Igenex and they were possitive.

Hopefully, she'll come here and take control of her treatment. She's housebound right now.

--------------------
"Few of us can do great things, but all of us can do small things with great love". Mother Theresa

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1629665573&ref=name

Posts: 938 | From Northeast Kingdom Vermont | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5829

Icon 7 posted      Profile for Tincup         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good for you! It is nice for you to help her. Hopefully with your help she will be more able to help her friend.

But beware... while standing there in the parking lot after getting groceries... your ice cream could melt in the process!

I have stickers too.. and it is funny sometimes. Folks , I remember in Delaware especially, ride past me and beep and wave... or do a big thumbs up.

I KNOW it isn't because of my super slow driving at the speed limit thing and getting in their way,.. so it has to be the bumper stickers.

I've had men follow me, right on my bumper, on the highway for miles and miles (annoying and kinda freaky)...

Then follow me along the off the ramp... and to gas stations or food places I was going to, in order to talk about the bumper stickers and ask about Lyme.

This has happened several times and in different states.... and sometimes has encouraged others already in gas stations to come up to me and ask about Lyme. Many of them are hunters.... some not.

Due to the attention they draw... I call the bumper stickers my "men magnets".

[Big Grin]

I also carry a variety of Lyme literature in the truck with me in a box for such occasions.

Thank you for helping to raise awareness and for helping the lady. Good for you!

[Big Grin]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Posts: 20353 | From The Moon | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Geneal
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 10375

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Geneal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I want a bumper sticker! [Smile]

Or a banner......or a shirt without a tick picture on it.

I could be a walking advertisement when I open car doors

In the morning at my daughter's/son's school.

Hmmmmmmm.

Great way to spread the word without opening your mouth.

Hugs,

Geneal

Posts: 6250 | From Louisiana | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hurtingramma
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7770

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hurtingramma     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great idea Tincup. I'll start carrying materials around with me at all times! Last year our state group did a "coffee hour" thing at the Statehouse and I still have loads of material left.

Geneal - I got my bumper sticker from www.lymedisease.org, and I also have a lyme ribbon that I got from www.lymeinfo.net

edited: hmmm links don't work

--------------------
"Few of us can do great things, but all of us can do small things with great love". Mother Theresa

Posts: 938 | From Northeast Kingdom Vermont | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan's Mom
Member # 11347

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dan's Mom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We at the Empire State Lyme Disease Assn. on Long Island are in the process of getting magnetic signs to put on our cars. The signs will say something along the lines of Lyme ?????
and then the phone number to call.

With all the traffic on Long Island we should be able to reach a lot of people. Hope our results are as good as the ones listed above!

Take Care,
Karen

Posts: 89 | From Long Island, New York | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 14 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OUTSTANDING!! YOU ROCK HURTIN GRAMMA!!

i also have a box of lyme info in my car trunk that drives my hubby up a wall!!

yes, i should pursue lyme bumpers too; magnetic ones; folks just steal! bumper stickers stay on!

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymednva
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 9098

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymednva     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Try these links:

www.lymediseaseassociation.org

and

www.lymeinfo.net

Not sure why the second one didn't work for you. I checked mine and they both work.

--------------------
Lymednva

Posts: 2407 | From over the river and through the woods | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hurtingramma
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7770

Another good site is http://lymepa.org. I just ordered another batch of the "basics" booklet.

--------------------

Tincup
Member # 5829

Icon 7 posted      Profile for Tincup         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is it me or my computer? Another double post. Sorry!

????

[ 19. September 2008, 12:05 PM: Message edited by: Tincup ]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Posts: 20353 | From The Moon | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Member # 5829

Hey hurtin...

You said...

"Another good site is http://lymepa.org. I just ordered another batch of the "basics" booklet"

I give 100 thumbs up on them too! Doug is fantastic!!! They have been a HUGE help to so many.

Perfect size.. perfect level for patients and doctors... perfect price... and perfect information inside.

And GOOD for you for making a HUGE difference. You will save lives with your efforts.

Keep up the good work!

[Big Grin]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement