LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » 4 Year Anniversary - My how time flies

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: 4 Year Anniversary - My how time flies
lymeinhell
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 4622

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymeinhell     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Today is my 4 year anniversary off antibiotics for lyme!! [woohoo]

I continue to eat right, GET MY SLEEP, exercise and detox.

I did get bronchitis this winter and ended up on Zithro for 2 weeks. BUT.... no weirdo lyme symptoms cropped up - just the cough from the bronchitis.

I still take TOA Free Cat's claw, Flexeril, a beta blocker to keep my pulse in the normal zone (but have reduced the dose) and periodic treatment with Diflucan. I continue on my vitamin regimen and acidophillus and biweekly IM shots of magnesium. I use the podi patches about 5 days each month.

Just wanted others to know that it can be done - I don't like to use the term cured - I prefer to use the term 'Peaceful Coexistence'.

Wishing you all good health!

(P.S. My story is already under Success Stories)

--------------------
Julie
_ _ ___ _ _
lymeinhell

Blessed are those who expect nothing, for they shall not be disappointed.

Posts: 2258 | From a better place than I was 11 yrs ago | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Melanie Reber
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 3707

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Melanie Reber   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Julie!

I smiled so big to see this post from you. I'm just thrilled that you continue to do so well. Thanks for coming back to share the good news!

How's that little kitty cat? [Smile]

Much love,
M

Posts: 7052 | From Colorado | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kam
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 3410

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks Julie!! [Cool]
Posts: 15927 | From Became too sick to work or do household chores in 2001. | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Melanie Reber
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 3707

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Melanie Reber   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Miss K...

JINX, you owe me a coke!

Posts: 7052 | From Colorado | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
joalo
Member # 12752

Icon 1 posted      Profile for joalo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm glad to hear you are doing so well! Keep up the good work! [Cool]

--------------------
Sick since January 1985. Misdiagnosed for 20 years. Tested CDC positive October 2005. Treating since April 2006.

Posts: 3228 | From Somewhere west of the Mississippi | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Just Julie
Member # 1119

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Just Julie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Miss Julie, from another old Julie girl here on lymernet. . . I too have had 4 years off abx!

I don't get on general too often, but I saw your post, and had to say "hi!". . . I don't say cured either, I say remission. . . and remain hopeful.

If I didn't live with ticks out my backdoor, and have outside cat(s) that bring them home in their fur, I'd have to say I wouldn't have lyme on my mind so much.

But, since it whops me upside the head everytime I head out the backdoor to take care of my cats, and I get to see up close a crawling live tick in their fur every now and then, I do have to deal with the mental anguish of it all. And fight to remain "calm" in the face of a possible re-bite.

Not rebitten yet. But, I do say "yet". Unless we move to a more citified place, I just hope, watch and wait.

Kinda sounds like what you're doing!
As ever,
Julie

--------------------
Julie

Posts: 1027 | From Northern CA | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 14 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
julie, [bonk] [bow] [group hug] [kiss]

we are all so happy for you and that you continue doing well! thx for update [Smile]

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymeinhell
Member # 4622

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymeinhell     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for the kind wishes all!!!

Miss Melanie, my pretty little calico is now my largest cat. Despite choosing the runt of the litter, I now have a very large, quite ROUND, long haired calico. She seems to be a member of the clean your plate club (while the other cats like to nibble a little at a time.... so lots left over for Ms. piggy to scarf down).

She's no replacement to my baby Jessie, (who I lost to Lyme kidney failure), but she has certainly made her mark on our household.

She rules the dogs - the pit bulls were the first to make her welcome in our home. It took quite a while for the other 3 cats to get over my betrayal. She's put some spunk back into my elderly pets.

Just Julie - so happy to hear your news as well. And as I saw your post about the cats/ticks, I wonder if bombing your yard and keeping everyone on Frontline year round might not do the trick?

I know it's a crime against nature (using Seven), but I have a similar situation at our beach house in NC and have the yard bombed by a landscaper before I will even set foot down there.

I learned my lesson the hard way about keeping my pets protected. During a warmer winter 3 yrs ago (when I had been slack on protecting my pets), my one indoor only cat somehow ended up with a tick on her, went into full blown kidney failure (can you say Lyme) and I lost her after a year long courageous battle.

Ticks be danged - I have 4 cats and 2 dogs and will keep them all with me until they board me up in a box. Am hoping you find a way to keep yours as well.

Kam, Joalo and Betty - thanks for your kind words.

Am wishing you all healthy thoughts.

--------------------
Julie
_ _ ___ _ _
lymeinhell

Posts: 2258 | From a better place than I was 11 yrs ago | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Liz D
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 16739

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Liz D     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So there is life after lyme? At the moment I cant conceive of that but congrats to you. Makes me think their might be hope for the future.
Posts: 234 | From BC Canada | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Just Julie
Member # 1119

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Just Julie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Julie,
I do keep Frontline Plus on both cats, year round. It is costly, but cheaper than a visit to my LLMD to restart abx!

If my yard was more contained, I would keep it pesticided---as it is, there is only a 5 ft. chain link (I know, ugly, but the old owners put it up) in the immediate backyard area, so critters can come around one side of it higher on our hillside (raccoons, skunks, possum) to where we are in the yard, deer use our hill as the superhighway to other yards, and we currently have a flock of 22 wild turkeys roaming about.

We live on over an acre, and it is mostly open space, so undoable. I have tried spraying Talstar (lovely pesticide that Just Don recommended, better than Sevin!) where we use the yard, but it is something that needs to be redone often, and I am not up to spraying, in fact, I hate that i have to at all.

Speaking of warmer winters, this winter just sucks right now. We had some rain end of Oct, still warmer weather, and now, it's almost 80 degrees today, no rain. In Northern CA. Makes me think of L.A. (where I grew up!) minus the smog.

I am still trying to capture my wild kitty to rehome. I can't do the tick fear any longer.

--------------------
Julie

Posts: 1027 | From Northern CA | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymeinhell
Member # 4622

Liz, yes there is life after lyme. Just takes a while... Hang in there.

Julie, absolutely it's cheaper than getting reinfected.

Your yard sounds like it would rattle me a bit as well. While I don't think I've become tick phobic and refuse to live my life that way, I do what I can to avoid being in places that ticks would most likely proliferate. And sounds like you're right in the middle of a battleground.

They say Geranium oil is a natural repellent. Could explain why I don't seem to even get bothered by mosquitos any more, as it is an oil I used for balance issues early on (and now just am addicted to the smell). Clove oil also works. Perhaps you could use these for yourself as extra protection.??

Am hoping kitty finds a good new home. You'e a good soul for feeding and trying to do the right thing. Thanks for the tip on the spray.

--------------------
Julie
_ _ ___ _ _
lymeinhell

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement