LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » brain glitch

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: brain glitch
Melodymaker
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 16434

Icon 12 posted      Profile for Melodymaker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So although I lost my bank statements so couldn't balance my checkbook

And although it took twice as long to pay bills (OK longer than that..lol) I finally got it done so I can mail them while in town today.

At three this morning I woke up and my brain gave me a picture of the stack of envelopes waiting to be mailed.

I had very diligently put the return address labels on, but evidently forgot the stamps. [bonk]

Do you think the post office is giving special "free" delivery rates for Lymies. (after all, it's march, and I'm a Lymie on both counts!!)

I got up and put the stamps on, cause I was afraid I'd forget by morning. [loco]

What brain glitches do you have?

--------------------
Wishing You Showers Of Blessings!
Lyme since Fall 1983 = Diagnosed Summer 2008
IV Rocephin 7 weeks Stopped due to drug fever
Now doxycycline
"For I know the plans I have for you...plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

Posts: 430 | From Sunny South | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin123
Member # 9197

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Does mailing the envelope without anything in it count?
Posts: 13116 | From San Francisco | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leelee
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 19112

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Leelee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Every day last week I told my husband I had taken chicken out of the freezer to thaw for dinner.

And every single night I went to make dinner and guess what? I hadn't!

LOL! By Saturday I realized we didn't even have chicken in the freezer anyway.

--------------------
The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy. Martin Luther King,Jr

Posts: 1573 | From Maryland | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ocean
Member # 3496

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ocean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gee...looks like I'm with good company! I do stuff all the time. Last night I made the kids a snack and one for myself. My husband was outside taking the trash out for pickup and I completely forgot to make him anything. He came in and I apologized, said I would make it.

I got a glass of water for one child and sat down to eat. He came in again and said he was starving I apologized again and said I forgot and would do it. Then I got sidetracked again for a second and completely forgot.

Finally the third time he came in, I finally got up and cut up some apples and peanut butter for him!

Normally, he could do it himself, but he's a one handed man lately due to a contusion on his hand.

Every day I do things like this, so frustrating!

Ocean

--------------------
http://www.healingfromlymedisease.blogspot.com/

Sick since 1996...Diagnosed 10/2008

IgM:23-25 IND, 31+++, 39 IND, 41 +++
IgG: 31 IND, 41++, 58+

Posts: 1623 | From Ohio | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
feelfit
Member # 12770

Icon 1 posted      Profile for feelfit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How about brushing your teeth with hand lotion? Or finding your empty yogurt container in the fridge with the spoon still stuck in it?

or paying for items at the checkout and then leaving your purchases.

I could go on and on.

Oh! Oh! looking all over for your glasses for at least a half hour. Blaming your little dog for taking them, only to discover........you're wearing them!!

Feelfit

Posts: 3975 | From usa | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
feelfit
Member # 12770

Icon 1 posted      Profile for feelfit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Showering with your glases on and thinking "now what in the world is wrong with my eyes" when the lens become fogged.
Posts: 3975 | From usa | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HappyHermit
Member # 19314

Icon 1 posted      Profile for HappyHermit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi I'm New , But I feel a little better now I know I am not alone , I got home yesterday and found a pile of towels in my fridge , and unfortunatley I realized I put the milk in the closet.
Posts: 6 | From USA , IOWA | Registered: Mar 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
feelfit
Member # 12770

Wearing two diferent shoes to your LLMD appt. I noticed it about two hours in to a 3 hour drive.

They understood at least.

Starfall1969
Member # 17353

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Starfall1969     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was eating breakfast this morning, and my son asked for some apple juice. I got up to get it, and by the time I got across the kitchen to get the apple juice, I had forgotten why I was up.

So I did a bunch of other things till my son said, "Mom, I still don't have a drink."

So I went to the fridge to get the apple juice and then started thinking of something else.

I almost forgot his juice again.

Other than that, just dumb stuff like putting leftovers in the microwave instead of the fridge, or heating something in the microwave and then leaving it there until the next time I need to heat something.

Oh, and the nursery workers at church are ALWAYS having to remind me to leave the diaper bag. I take the darn thing along in to church with me.

Posts: 1682 | From Dillsburg, PA | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Melodymaker
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 16434

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Melodymaker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh, you guys make me feel so much better!

I did get the stamps on the envelopes before I mailed them.

Still haven't found the bank statements. I just hope they are still in the house somewhere.

The best thing is, my husband and I both have Lyme. You should see the conversations where neither one of us can figure out what the other one means.

Fortunately, we love each other, so we laugh it off. It will get better. =)

--------------------
Now doxycycline
"For I know the plans I have for you...plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

Posts: 430 | From Sunny South | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MY3BOYS
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 17830

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MY3BOYS     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
oh..reading this thread lighted up my day yall..thanks!! so glad to know there are others

who would understand finding my keys in the

fridge, ice cream in the cabinet, hubby jokingly

(kind of..lol) about my "ADD", forgeting when

cooking, leaving oven on all night, etc. etc.

have also messed up bills pretty good, have had

lights cut of 2x in last 5 mo. just from messing

up with our on line bill pay, wrong figures in

wrong box!! tell ya what, those credit card

folks dont tell you!! youll have $350 credit but

light co. not as forgiving..least they have been

so good to come right back, both times within

2hrs. to turn it back on for us!! guess it pays

to live in neighborhood where they want our $$

but, glad to know im not the only one doing

crazy things and get totally distracted!! [group hug]

--------------------
i am not a Dr. any info is only for education, suggestion or to think/research. please do not mis-intuprest as diagnostic or prescriptive, only trying to help. **

dx in 08:lyme, rmsf, bart, babs, and m.pneumonia.

Posts: 422 | From TX | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Starfall1969
Member # 17353

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Starfall1969     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You know, this morning I was getting my morning cup of coffee.

I had my mug there, and my son's cup happened to be sitting next to it.

As I'm getting ready to pour the half and half into my son's cup, I was thinking, "I shouldn't be putting half and half in his cup,"

but I kept pouring anyway. Sheesh!

I don't think he would have appreciated that first thing in the morning.

And then when I got into the chiropractor, I went to sign in and couldn'th think of who I was supposed to be signing in.

Scary!

Posts: 1682 | From Dillsburg, PA | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mazou
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15319

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mazou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tried to make green tea in my daughter's sippy cup. For me.
Posts: 636 | From Saratoga County, NY | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
radfaraf
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 11909

Icon 1 posted      Profile for radfaraf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Today I invited my girlfriend for thanksgiving dinner instead of easter.
Posts: 526 | From NJ | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jt345
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
lets see ,putting a cup of coffe in the fridge to warm it up,putting my paycheck in a street cornor mail box,then too top it off ,trying to deposit my electric bill in my checking acount.

Forget what my truck looks like in a large parking lot. Brushing my teeth with preperation H(that really sucks)

be as well as You can be today
appleseed

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Starfall1969
Member # 17353

You know what's scary?

Sometimes when I go to pick up my kids at the church nursery, I look at the 30+ kids in my younger son's room and forget which one is mine.

That must be what it's like to have Alzheimer's. [dizzy]

bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
STARFALL,

yes, it would be close to early alzheimer's disease.

my youngest brother's wife died at age 40, yes 40, of early AD; she had this between 8-14 years.

she was never able to talk about her illness nor how she was feeling; i tried.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Melodymaker
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 16434

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Melodymaker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey everyone, I finally found the bank statements! Granted a month after I had gotten copies from the bank. They were misfiled in another folder. So that's one mystery solved...twenty more to go!! LOL

Betty, your sister in law dying at 40 of AD makes me wonder if it was something else that mimicked it. And she had it for many years. That's very young.

So many illnesses that they don't understand, and I'm sure so many they haven't even discovered yet. Regardless of the cause, very,very sad, and so sorry for you loss.

Starfall, I once asked a Mom I was chatting with whose girlscout troop she was in, and after an embarrassing moment realized she was in mine. (even more scary, I was the GS leader)

Considering I'd had undiagnosed Lyme for about 5 years at that point, I forgive myself. =)

Still brain glitching, but with our daughter's wedding day Saturday, and being treated for Lyme disease, I'm blessed just to be upright. I'm not even worried about the brain glitches.

--------------------
Now doxycycline

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement