LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » Exercise: Hikers, Walkers, Crawlers 11/9-11/15

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Exercise: Hikers, Walkers, Crawlers 11/9-11/15
kgg
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 5867

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kgg   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What a gift the weather has been for the last couple of days! And it is supposed to be nice all week. Love it! I will be able to do the last of the yard clean up before the snow flakes fly.

My husband and I spend some time yesterday emptying my cabinets out as they are moving over to our in-law apartment. What creatures of habit we are. Every time I need something I go to the cabinet or drawer even knowing they are not there.

Hope every one has a good week!

Best,
Karen

Posts: 1685 | From Maine | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lou4656
Member # 10300

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lou4656     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Everyone! I am busy, as usual.

I hope that everyone is doing well. I really need to start exercising again. I am not as physcially fit as I was when I was going to the gym.

My daughter wants to start running 5Ks. She goes to the gym almost every day.

I told her that I would train all winter, and then run one with her in the spring. I hope that is enough time to prepare for a 5K. I have never been a runner, but perhaps I could walk it if I can't run/jog the distance.

Anyway, it is something that I have promised to do, so I need to make an exercise plan. And reevaluating my food options would not be a bad thing either. I should be eating better.

She here's to better health -- for me and for you!

--------------------
LouLou

Posts: 1276 | From maryland | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kam
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 3410

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sounds good Lou. Glad you checked in. I was wondering how you are doing.

Karen, we have really nice weather here too.

Laying low today to recover.

Going around the block two more times today in the power chair will most likely be all I do today.

Plus eat and take meds and supplements.

[ 11-10-2009, 10:27 AM: Message edited by: kam ]

Posts: 15927 | From Became too sick to work or do household chores in 2001. | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
txgirl09
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 21612

Icon 1 posted      Profile for txgirl09     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Glad I found this post. Its a great one.

I think moving your body really helps. I started walking a few weeks ago, and I can really tell a difference.

Yesteday I lifted weights, and I am SORE today. I know its good for me though.

The weather is beautiful here, so its nice to get outdoors too.

Posts: 490 | From TX- Go Cowboys! | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kam
Member # 3410

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome Texas Girl.

This time of the year is a great time to go walking.

Sure hope you continue to see that the walking is helping or just moving your body in general.

The weight thing is good too.Glad you are able to do that.

Posts: 15927 | From Became too sick to work or do household chores in 2001. | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome, TXGirl.. ! Glad you found us!! [Cool]

Also good to see you, lou!!

I walked my 38 laps today .. my foot was hurting for some reason, so I didn't make it to 40 this time. (wimp)

Weather is good here too, but not as nice as last week. It was sunny and 80 on Sat, but 65 and partly cloudy today.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kam
Member # 3410

TuTu...glad you were able to get out and get moving!

Hope the foot is OK now.

I went to the Eagle's nest yesterday...a decking in a new development that backs up to the National Forest.

Difficult moving body but able to walk the few steps to the steps and then up the few steps to the decking and back.

Rosie enjoyed running about and being off leash.

body is shaking inside. Means I have over done it. So will most likely stay down today or cruise in the power chair for toilet duty.

kam
Member # 3410

Tues: walked down the hall to put something in the mail. I was not limping but still struggling to walk. It is about an apartments length.
aklnwlf
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 5960

Icon 6 posted      Profile for aklnwlf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bad weather here in Alabama.

LouLou-I'm trying to get into shape too. It's rough on my bad elbow that I had surgery on last December but I'm on my 3rd week and not as sore.

Txgirl-Welcome, welcome!

Tutu-38 is real close to 40! Sometimes on my videos I can't do all the reps but do the best I can.

Kam-Lucky Rosie! I'm keeping Rocky on leash because he was running off alot, that bad boy!

Monday-45 minutes of workout videos.

Tuesday-45 minutes of workout videos.

Hope it's not storming tomorrow so I can walk Rocky. He's getting antsy!

See you all later!

[hi]

--------------------
Do not take this as medical advice. This comment is based on opinion and personal experience only.

Alaska Lone Wolf

Posts: 6137 | From Columbus, GA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Very weird. The foot pain was a signal of sciatic pain coming!

I'd never had the pain in THAT part of the foot before with sciatica. Still trying to figure that out!

Sciatica was horrible early this a.m. but is now OK.. FOOT STILL HURTS!?? [confused]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lpkayak
Member # 5230

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lpkayak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
tutu-a friend has sciatica now...do you have any suggestions on how to control it? thye say no surgery. she got a cushy mattress top, uses ice and i think nsaids

i can't believe 3 days went by. i rode two new horses on sunday. one for 1/2 hr the other just a few minutes to be sure i knew how to tack him up and stuff. i was really sore monday-hadn't ridden in 3 weeks cuz of my hip problem and my mares bucking problem

i had to take a trip to the mts tues and - wait a minute-3 days didin't go by. gees-i had to go look at the calendar. i'm really messed up-but can't sleep of course. this was a long day. i loaded the car-drove home from the mts-talked to a sort of psychic animal communicator lady about why the horse was bucking(she said she had a kidney problem)then i unloaded the car and tried to pick up the house but it is still really trashed. i'm upset cuz i gained 2 lbs the two days i didn't ride. i end up eating junk when i travel.

anyway-new start tomorrow. i think i will try to ride each of the two horses twice a week. at least until the weather is bad. one doesn't have an indoor-so don't know how long i can worke with her.

heres to hoping i get rid of those twoo stupid pounds.

i didn't walk the dog these two days either...too busy with packing. friends came and took him out.

--------------------
Lyme? Its complicated. Educate yourself.

Posts: 13712 | From new england | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kam
Member # 3410

Not able to read what others wrote right now but will be back to read it.

Doing much better today. Had an hour outing...mostly driving...5 min down to a stream, rest on rock and 5 min out.

Rosie was doing her happy dance on the sandy beach area.

I stood on a rock looking for the boulder I recall kids jumping off when I was there this summer.

Then I realized I was standing on the boulder. The water level has really receded.

A bit of a problem with the ankle I turned going down the incline but fine going back up.

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Icon 6 posted      Profile for aklnwlf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wednesday-45 minutes worth of workout videos this a.m. and then 3 miles for me and Rocky.

Mom's B-day tomorrow and am hoping to take her out for sushi.

See you all Friday!

[hi]

--------------------
Do not take this as medical advice. This comment is based on opinion and personal experience only.

Alaska Lone Wolf

Posts: 6137 | From Columbus, GA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

AK.. I'm still jealous of those exercise videos!! Mostly because I probably can't do them anymore!! [Big Grin]

Kayak.. not much luck over here with sciatica either. Just grin and bear it. I have Norco for when it gets bad. I hope hers is not constant!!

Good that you got to ride again.. aw heck on the 2 lbs! You'll lose them since you're working at it!!

kam.. funny about the boulder!! [Smile] Glad you're a tad better!!

PS My foot still hurts. May be from the way I place it when I'm on the computer????

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

lpkayak
Member # 5230

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lpkayak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
well-i rode the new horse but i got breathing problems from the indoor ring. it was dusty. the owner is going to try to fix it but i may not have a place to ride all winter afterall.

it did feel good to ride tho...and i walked the dog 20 min too

--------------------

Posts: 13712 | From new england | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Thursday-45 minutes workout videos and 1 mile for me and Rocky.

Me and Mom went out for sushi and I ate shrimp tempura also.

I'm such a pig! Good thing I got that workout in.

Then shopping for Christmas gifts that she needed to get.

TuTu-No need to be jealous. I'm struggling with those videos. I'm thrilled to even be able to do them. Causing some elbow and shoulder problems though with my bad left arm.

Kayak-Way to go on the 20 minutes. I remember when I started walking I could only walk 1/4 mile.

Kam-Standing on boulders? That could be a dangerous thing. Be careful.

See you all tomorrow!

[hi]

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

Lymetoo
Member # 743

AK.. you're making me hungry for shrimp!!!

Kayak.. Sorry about the breathing issues. What a bummer!

I walked my 40 laps today. Had tachycardia most of the day. Walked anyway.

It's down now. ( have no clue why it went up or why it came down!! )

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

kam
Member # 3410

Glad the tach is down now tutu. And that you were able to walk your 40 laps. cool.

AK...it was a small boulder [Smile]

You have a good routine going with the walking and the work out video.

Ik yep that dust can cause problems. glad you were able to walk the dog too.

Icy cold out here now. 26 degrees this am. Snow or rain predicted. That should help with dust issues.

Rough day yesterday and the night before. Able to sleep last night but it will be awhile before I am strong enough to go for a walk.

kgg
Member # 5867

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kgg   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Miss Pris and I have gone to the mail a couple of times this week. Believe it or not, I did not walk up to the mail on Wednesday remembering it was closed. I think that was a first.

Lymetoo, please know that when your heart is in tachycardia it is using more oxygen than normal. Then when you exercise on top of it, the heart needs even more. My, unasked for opinion, is to not exercise when your heart is in tachycardia. I would like to keep you around for a while. =)

KAM, I hope that you are feeling better soon!

Kayak, that must have been disappointing to have the dust bother you so much. I hope that they can come up with a solution. I know how much it means to you to be able to keep riding.

Aklnwlf, your mom's birthday meal sounds delicious!

I have been busy unpacking my MIL. Still lots to do to have her settled in. I was hoping to get out in the yard this week to do garden work. But there is so much to do inside, I have yet to make it outside.

Have a good Saturday, every one!
Karen

Posts: 1685 | From Maine | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kam
Member # 3410

karen,

glad you were able to get to the mail box and remembered not to go on Wed.

Lymetoo
Member # 743

kgg... The nurses there weren't too concerned! It was 100 and when I finished it was 104 (after cool down).. that's with medication!

I look so healthy that sometimes people don't take me seriously... Sound familiar?!?

Thanks for caring about me!

I had a horrible night last night. Sciatica, then nausea and felt like I was going to faint. Was awake all night.

Felt well enough this morning to go to church for rehearsal and for a meeting. Go figure! We have such weird bodies, don't we?

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

lpkayak
Member # 5230

yesterday i worked hard on housework all day and when i sat down to rest about 8:30 my left knee (replaced) felt funny. i tried to get up and it wouldn't hold any weight. it was awful...so scarey. but an hour later after ibuprofen and ice i could walk. crazy.

today my brother helped get the windows ready for winter and then i went to the barn and had a great one hour ride. FINALLY a good ride.

and when i cam home i had lost 5.2 pounds!!!

part was exercise and part cuz i figured out how to not be constipated on humaworm.

anyway...good way to end the week...or is it starting?

--------------------

kam
Member # 3410

ipkayak...smiled at your weight loss. Good to hear you were able to have a good ride.

Around the block 3 times today to toilet rosie in the reclining power chair.

icy out but clear and blue skies..i think

still waiting for my strength to come back so I can walk to the car and then out on a trail head.

rosie is really going to be happy to be off leash when i am able.

kam
Member # 3410

Hurray...after 7 pm tonight finally able to get the dishwasher loaded and started up.

It is not exercising....but it is moving the body.

Body is doing that hot and cold thing right now.

Mostly hot.

Also did the task in parts as usual.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement