LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » Scary Appt. TxC VA clinic, New update Dec.7

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Scary Appt. TxC VA clinic, New update Dec.7
Silverwolf
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 9196

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Silverwolf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
<<<<< Lyme-r Family >>>>>,

[ This is a long post, I apologize for it being so long...trying to understand,trying to keep hope alive...]

We spent three hours yesterday[Sat.21st],w/ TxC going thru testing, blood-work-ups,urinalysis etc.at his first VA appt.

... And w/him having to take Clonadine as an emergency measure...
{sp.?}[a medication to lower high blood pressure].

He had a BP of 193/129,and it didn't want to go down... they watched him closely,ready to call an Aid car if necessary.

The Drs. believe, he was in verge/beginning of Thyroid Storm,most likely Apathetic Thyroid storm, bouncing back and forth w/ regular T-roid storm...

His EKG showed some odd abnormalities. One being a Bundle branch blockage...[which hopefully will turn out to be nothing serious...]

while we hope it is minor...he may end up having heart surgery as well as knee surgery. We wont know for awhile.

Please be careful out there folks, when possible have meds and levels checked in your blood etc.

TxC, got too busy and let some meds slip his mind for several months... two being high blood pressure and Thyroid meds [he has no thyroid at all,surgically removed].

And his Dr.[not the VA ] didn't review another med' that is not good for him...we are praying it did not do permanent damage to his kidneys.

I know how difficult it is to get simple medical testing done when money is very tight...and one has no insurance.

We're still working thru this,and hoping that there doesn't need to be several surgeries,to try and repair damage.

I feel blessed that TxC didn' have a massive heart attack,or stroke out...we don't have most of the tests back yet... and there are more to come.

He will be traveling about three hours to a large VA hospital,as soon as we find out the schedule and procedures...

Most of this could have been prevented,... I am still shaken from the whole situation, glad he is alive and able to set on the couch and nap...[or maybe not? if it is Lymeand Co's related...I think we are both confused...]

...and glad someone was willing to check my husband.

Please be cautious out there... please, for the ones who love you and for yourself...don't let medical things go if you can find a way to deal w/it all...

Gotta go for now, will report as we learn more...still trying to calm down.

Seems like it's always something...

*** edit in [Mon. Nov.23rd]:
TxC,is wondering,if the odd bouts of forgetfulness,and depression he's been in,could be Lyme Disease and or Co-infections?

I have been suspicious for quite awhile that he has undiagnosed TBD's...perhaps w/ my own Lyme and Co's, I missed seeing that his issues were getting so serious ?!!

Been very concerned that he wasn't getting any better...We've been talking about symptoms,and he can trace some of the problems back many years ago.

There has to be some reason, for him to have forgotten, literally,to take medicine that is life saving...

Tho' I'm still shook,and upset...I am so glad he is still alive,and trying to fight what may be causing these problems.

So often, he hid the worst of the pain,from me,from everyone...until it has become obvious to all... I don't want him to die...

Praying that things are not as severe as the Drs. at the clinic think they may be...And I'm at least hopeful ...they let him come home instead of the ER...

We know,so many odd things have been happening to us... so much that causes emotional anguish as well as physical things that hurt and frighten.

Thanks for any tho'ts/responses... ***

Jus'Silverwolfi

[ 12-07-2009, 06:41 PM: Message edited by: Silverwolf ]

--------------------
2006,May-August2006 Dx w/ Lyme/Bartonella/White Matter Lesion Disease on Brain.
[ Clinical Dx w/ two positives and several IND's on the tests from Igenex ], Prior Dx of CFIDS/CEBV 1992, and FMS '93-'94
Diabetes*2 Dx 10/'08

Posts: 3581 | From SE Idaho | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Silverwolf
Member # 9196

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Silverwolf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
<<<<< Lymer Family >>>>>

It's just me...trying to figure out what to do next...

I am tired,confused, discouraged...still trying to fight thru all the things that have been happening...

Please,if y'all can...'talk' to us... post something... while I know we are not alone... sometiems I feel alone and isolated...

Jus'Silverwolfi

--------------------
[ Clinical Dx w/ two positives and several IND's on the tests from Igenex ], Prior Dx of CFIDS/CEBV 1992, and FMS '93-'94
Diabetes*2 Dx 10/'08

Posts: 3581 | From SE Idaho | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Silver .. It's no wonder that he's been depressed. Not taking thyroid meds could definitely do that to you.

And then the BP meds.. oh my. He is lucky to be still hanging on.

I thought he already had been dxd with Lyme?? Right??

I sure hope things are straightened out soon. Now, is he at home or what? I didn't get that.

I'll be praying for both of you!!!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Silverwolf
Member # 9196

<<<<< Lymetoo >>>>>,

Thanks for the reply,will be in later to make a proper answer...

Didn't sleep the greatest last night,and I can't keep my eyes open right now...

Thanks again...I'll be back in a bit!!!

Jus'SIlverwolfi

--------------------
Diabetes*2 Dx 10/'08

randibear
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 11290

Icon 1 posted      Profile for randibear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
good heavens, girl, no wonder you're under stress with all that going on.

best thing is just to keep resting. i wish you had a good llmd to help figure all this out.

i always ask him first thing in the morning did you take your meds? vitamins? and then if he can't remember i put them out the night before on the counter. that way he seems them.

the va has been pretty good to mike so hopefully you'll get the good ones. there are some bad ones there but not very many.

if there is anything i can do for you, please let me know.

do you have one of those prescription books? i know you can look up everything on the internet but sometimes just grabbing a book is easier.

keep me informed on what's happening.

--------------------
do not look back when the only course is forward

Posts: 12262 | From texas | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Silverwolf
Member # 9196

<<<<< Lymetoo and Randibear >>>>>,

TxC,has not been tested for LD and Co.,he got quite ill in early fall of '06 and was told he had' all the symptoms of West Nile Virus'.

I had been Dxd as is in my sig' line in '06, then in summer of '07 he had the stroke in his eye.

Going back to summer of 1971 when TxC was in USAF overseas he had some very odd symptoms. His calves and thighs became severely cramped...

[Charley horse type issues]and he had trouble walking for awhile...the Drs. could not find a cause.

Summer of '78 while working in Louisiana,he got stung by a wasp,and became very ill. He will ill for over two weeks flu-ish feeling,high fever,no appetite.

We married in Nov.'78, fall of 1980 we both had a 'flu virus', after that it seems things went down hill health wise for TxC'.Each injury,or 'flu virus' since then has taken a toll on him.

I was not healthy when we married,we didn't know what was wrong ...

Okay,he is at home after the scary events of Saturdays clinic visit. He has to rest,and keep fairly quiet.

Friday,if the VA van gets the schedule correct [we are waiting on a return call]. He will travel to the VA hospital in Salt Lake,and get several x-rays, and then schedule his Nuclear Stress test for the heart issues.

His knees,ankles and fingers are a mess,among many joint issues w/ arthritis.This is really hard for a preacher/singer/guitarist/keyboardist.

There is hope that at least some of the issues can be reversed,some will prolly take surgical correction. We are in a waiting mode.

Around here, one gets looked at like they grew a second head if Lyme is mentioned...but many of TxC's symptoms are suspiciously like TBD symptoms.

Randibear,we don't have anything current,as to prescription books/PDR etc...

TxC' hasn't been acting like himself, and now we no at least part of the reason why...

Okeydokey, uhm now I've prolly made it all clear as mud...but then I have been wading thru the 'swamplands' lately and slogging thru the sand and sage brush too [*figuratively speaking].

I will update this as we get more info' in... between his new meds,and my medicine change [reaction to Lipitor]...we are a bit of a mess.

Thanks for the replies!!!

Just Silverwolfi *'Sand and clay caked in my claws'

--------------------
Diabetes*2 Dx 10/'08

Starfall1969
Member # 17353

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Starfall1969     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
((((((Silverwolf))))))

So sorry to hear all you've been through, and glad that TxC is hanging in there.

I hope you all get things straightened out soon and that you soon have some boring days, lol.

Sending you prayers for healing and comfort.

Posts: 1682 | From Dillsburg, PA | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sammy
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 13952

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sammy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow Silverwolf. I can see why you feel so overwhelmed.

Thankfully, it sounds like TxC is going to get the medical care and attention that he needs.

I'll be thinking of you and TxC. Please let keep us updated as you can.

Posts: 5237 | From here | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Silverwolf
Member # 9196

<<<<< Starfall' ,and Sammy >>>>>,

Thanks for the replies...y'all hit the nail on the head... we are overwhelmed and need...

...boring...plain, simple, mundane boring... that sounds just lovely!!!

Haven't figured out the ins and outs of everything...i.e. he can't get unemployment if he can't work...SSI/SSDI takes awhile...

At the moment we have unemployment...but that's in the air as soon as they start the surgery[s].

H&W can't seem to make up their minds about food stamps for us. We got a card for a small amount...but it wouldn't work at the cash register...it hadn't been properly activated at the office.

One letter says we will be eligible for a small amt. per month the next says that is invalid... and we will receive nothing...

Sigh... boring and mundane would be so nice... a long w/ hopes and prayers that TxC doesn't need to many surgeries,we hope and pray!!!

Thanks so much for the good tho'ts and prayers sent our way!!!

Love from Silverwolfi'

--------------------
Diabetes*2 Dx 10/'08

Silverwolf
Member # 9196

Update:

Situation is worsening, we had to call the EMTs
last night, they got TxC out of chair and down the hall to bed.

His knee flared so badly,even w/ the new meds,that he couldn't stand up alone.

Will be seeing if he can get out of bed in a little bit... if not? Will call VA clinic and see what they recommend...

Hoping my hunch is wrong,but we may be spending Thanksgiving at the local hospital...

Will update further when there is more news...

Jus'Silverwolfi

--------------------
Diabetes*2 Dx 10/'08

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
UGH!! So sorry to hear this!!! Keep us posted, OK?

West Nile.. ha!

He's bound to have Lyme.

Praying for you two! [group hug]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Silverwolf
Member # 9196

<<<<< Lymetoo >>>>>,

They are pretty well sure that he has had West Nile Virus, as did some co-workers where he used to work..including one of the judges...but...

We are also rather sure that he has undiagnosed
Lyme Disease and/or other co-infections too.

He was stationed in Thailand during the Vietnam war,among other places he went overseas.

No telling what was in those jungles that were kept from overgrowing the base w/ -Agent Orange- applications.

Not sure what the Thai version of LD is, but I'd be surprised if they don't have LD or something similar there too.Then TxC was also in Spain for awhile in Service w/ visits to various countries like Morroco[the Spanish part].

Then we throw in lots of time in Louisiana , California, Oregon, and Idaho for him, and hunting and fishing activities off and on...

There is bound to be something behind all this... don't know if they'll check thru the VA...but it would be nice...one can dream...so we'll see what happens.

Will post again, when I know more ...

Jus'Silverwolfi growin' chicken feathers...squawk !

--------------------
Diabetes*2 Dx 10/'08

randibear
Member # 11290

Icon 1 posted      Profile for randibear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
please keep me informed as to what's going on.

i leave saturday morning, well that's the plan any way.

i will pray for you and hope things turn out ok.

--------------------

Posts: 12262 | From texas | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Silverwolf
Member # 9196

<<<<< Randibear-Sis' >>>>>,

Thank you!!! Check your PMs again when you're able!!!

TxC' hasn't been able to get out of bed yet,but has been in touch w/ his Drs. at VA clinic,we are waiting on some meds,and a way for me to get them for him...

We don't know if he can go to Salt Lake yet,for the x-rays... gonna be a very interesting Thanksgiving...if the swelling in teh knee

doesn't quit he may go to local ER instead... [we have to get VA authorization from my understanding,as we have no insurance.]

It'll be joyful, if he can get out of bed!!! I'm thankful we are both alive...even if we just have fish, soup,and potatoes for Thanksgiving meal !!!

Jus' Silverwolfi sproutin' chicken feathers...does the swampland do that,or the sand and sagebrush...? squawk !!!Owoooo-cluck-cluck-Ooowooo

--------------------
Diabetes*2 Dx 10/'08

Pinelady
Member # 18524

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pinelady     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Silverwolf I hate it for you. If it does turn out

to be thyroid storm-that can make you very very

sick. And many patients are tried on beta blockers.

Sometimes it works sometimes it don't, and they opt

to take it out. Prayers.

--------------------
Suspected Lyme 07 Test neg One band migrating in IgG region
unable to identify.Igenex Jan.09IFA titer 1:40 IND
IgM neg pos
31 +++ 34 IND 39 IND 41 IND 83-93 +
DX:Neuroborreliosis

Posts: 5850 | From Kentucky | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Silverwolf
Member # 9196

<<<<< Pinelady >>>>>,

Thank You for the reply!!!

TxC doesn't have any of his thyroid,left side was removed in 1994,right side was removed in 2003.

His medications were not being properly regulated, and six months ago,w/o anyone knowing ...he stopped taking his thyroid meds.

He meant to go get a blood test 'in a couple of weeks'...which turned into months. He has been having short term memory issues,after a stroke in his eye summer '07.

[He also eventually quit taking his BP meds...cause he wasn't remembering what to take when, some meds must be early a.m two hours

before a meal,some you have to take at night away from food,some must be w/ meals,some taken away from calcium etc].

VA Drs. said he was in verge of beginning Thyroid storm,prolly in and out for months??. This can happen after thryoid is removed,or when meds are stopeed and not restarted.

From our research,his was Apathetic Thyroid storm, below grade temp, joint pain, excess urination, IBS type problems.Memory problems, fatigue etc.

His BP was so high,they almost took him to emergency... we wont know the extent of the damage to his heart, until after Dec.11th when he has a test.

One med should never have been give to him ,in the first place, an anti-inflammatory, we are awaiting tests to see how badly it damaged his kidneys...and hoping it is minor.

I feel badly,because I did not realize how much trouble he was having... W/Lyme and Bart plus?? I don't think very well,and am constantly tired, achey and etc...

Over the last couple years and months He was taking care of me,and others, both in ministry/counseling and w/ -Working Solutions-

[for 6 months, Welfare to Workfare] helping those who needed work and help to have food/do work searches and get jobs [until H&W made cutbacks and forced his lay-off].

The loss of Counseling jobs from cut backs,loss of a home from illness and mortgage fraud against us, Church losses from mean-spirited-ness over our physical issues

[evidently a person w/ one eye and a sick wife is no longer fit to minister???!],Too many *deaths of loved ones,too close together,and having to move several times has taken it's toll on both of us.

There have been 15 family members alone who have died since 2000, and a number of very close friends who are considered family.

Sadly there was many more before that...after a time any one can get depressed and confused...especially when jobs and housing get constantly pulled out from under one.

So right now neither of us is doing very well...TxC literally cannot get out of bed, and I am exhausted...house a mess,and evidently our oven doesn't work...so The Holiday meal will be interesting for sure [I am not a cook].

Prayers are gratefully accepted!!!! And my headachey ,painful self is still grateful to be alive,and happy my hubby TxC isn't in the hospital...

tho he'd prolly be safer and better off in hospital right now... I don't think I'm any better being a nurse than I am trying to cook...as hard as I try.

I am,as can be seen here, rather down, tho' trying to be thankful,that for this moment,this time,we have some food,and clothing and we have a roof over our heads...

LymeNet,is a real help,and I am thankful this board is here,I've found out the hard way,not all boards are helpful!!!

Jus'Silverwolfi... swimming thru the swamp mists...hey at least I'm still moving a little...

--------------------
Diabetes*2 Dx 10/'08

randibear
Member # 11290

don't let the alligators get ya girl. hang in there.

remember -- when God closes a door, somewhere He opens a window...

i'll be back in about a week. Lord help me, if i survive this trip. and with his two sisters....egads...why did i ever agree to this.

now about you two. there's always those lean cuisine dinners, pasta, etc., broil some fish or something. and from college, top ramen noodles, i lived on those.

when mike gets sick, all he wants is fresh fruit and a veggie plate. sometimes tho, he craves shrimp cocktail and that's all he wants. doesn't make sense to me, but if it's what he wants.

i'll think about this and see if i can come up with something.

oh yeah, last week when i was so sick, i mean i just laid in bed for days, i just thawed some meat, threw it in the ole crockpot, added vegetables and let it sit. gave him tortillas, and he was happy.

if you don't have a crockpot, let me know.

don't force me to get on a plane and come up there. you won't like it, believe me. i'm the nurse you never want to meet.

mike was being so bad one time, i just made the bed with him in it!!! little lumpy, but hey...

my little buddy will come up with something, i guarantee...

hang in there.

--------------------

Silverwolf
Member # 9196

<<<<< Randibear-Angel-Sis' >>>>>,

Remember hon',we are praying, even when feeling down we can still pray!!! You'll survive the cruise,and it'll be in high style I'd bet!!! [Smile]

I just couldn't believe trying to get the oven on, only to find that there doesn't seem to be a gas feed anywhere to it... and so no broiler either. it just seems like nothing is going very well...

Many of the Lean Cuisines which I love, I cannot eat, way too much *glutens and salt/sugar. Ramen noodles the same troubles.

[*I cheat and have about a half a small 'Croissan-wich' w/egg and sausage/cheese at breakfast most mornings,usually TxC gets the Sausage]

We have a crock pot,a microwave,and the top of the range/stove top -four burners- have working gas feeds [just no oven/broiler that I can detect inside the oven shell].

TxC tends to go for proteins [especially chicken and seafood,and occasionally pineapple or mangoes when he is feeling miserable].

Wow,I wish I could put fresh sheets on the bed, but TxC cannot get up off of it... his leg/knee will not work...

so I doubt he'll be going for x-rays tomorrow unless it is by ambulance...[I'm not sure VA would pay for that].

I always enjoy what that 'buddy' of yours comes up w/ and know it will bring help and cheer!!!

I'm gonna get off here for a bit...and experiment w/ our Turkey loaf ,so my -stupid- sugar-levels will hopefully behave...

Whimper...I know things will work out...just whimpering while I wait... I guess patience is not my strong suit... Whimper...owowowowo

Jus'Silverwolfi-Sis' w/Chicken feathers... Squawk...Oowoooo [loco] I seems ta be undone..or underdone...or not done...soemthin' anywayoooo

--------------------
Diabetes*2 Dx 10/'08

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Happy Thanksgiving, Silverwolf... such that it is!! I hope you two found something to eat.

My heart breaks for you!

hugs.......and double hugs

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Silverwolf
Member # 9196

<<<<< Lymetoo and Lyme Family repliers >>>>>

I ended up putting the Turkey-loaf roast in the Microwave, for awhile and then browning it the rest of the way in the skillet.

TxC had to cancel his trip to VA hospital for x-rays,for now. He was able to sit on the side of the bed for awhile today tho,and actually got into a chair by the bed for a couple of minutes.

So I put fresh sheets on the bed finally!!!I don't do well standing in one place [like for cooking],and A friend too me shopping yesterday.

We ended up at three different stores looking for a bed pan [or reasonable facsimile thereof] of all things. Regular grocery shopping wasn't to awful ,but it was way crowded..and I am really exhausted...

Need to do some things tomorrow,but it wont be much...I'll have to rest.

We managed to eat a bit of the turkey loaf, some potatoes,corn and green beans. That was it...except some cranberry punch,and coffee.

At least TxC got to sit up to eat a bit... I feel like I haven't slept in weeks now tho'.

Thanks to each replier for the kind words,hugs, prayers and comfort you have been to us!!!Will check in tomorrow when I can...

Silverwolfi...sloggin' off to beddy-bye in my 'little den'...

--------------------
Diabetes*2 Dx 10/'08

Silverwolf
Member # 9196

Updating:

TxC still is unable to walk, wheelchair wont fit thru the trailer doors...so he has been using an old desk chair w/ wheels...w/ me helping to push and pull...

[not easy ...he weighs about 120 lbs more than I do...]He is discouraged that he still has no energy...

For those who pray please keep us in prayer...both exhausted... Thank you!!!

Jus' Silverwolfi

--------------------
Diabetes*2 Dx 10/'08

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Came to see how you two were doing... doesn't sound good AT ALL. I'm so sorry!!!

Will keep praying!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Silverwolf
Member # 9196

<<<<< Lymetoo >>>>>,

Thanks for the prayers... it is scary,TxC still cannot walk.

He stood for a moment yesterday braced on a kitchen stool... but his legs just wont hold him [knees are stillswelling].

He's supposed to have a Nuclear stress test for heart, in Salt Lake,on the 11th [Fri.a week]...if he cannot get out of the house, will have to postpone it...

I'm exhausted,and my wrist/thumb-tendon isn't healing,w/ all this pushing and pulling him about...

He finally got the rest of his meds today ...now we have to find a way to get mail out...to pay bills.

A couple friends have been helping me get to the store for grocery...

Dad wants to come in from out of state,but they don't tell us when yet...and that is a concern,as trailer is still full of boxes..don't want any one to trip and fall like I did...

Prayers and hugs are really very muchly appreciated right now... wish TxC and I could just sleep for a couple days w/o worries about food, weather etc. it is quite cold now.

<<<<< Lyme-r family >>>>> Thanks to all who think of us,and keep us in prayer!!!

Sleepy Silverwolfi

--------------------
Diabetes*2 Dx 10/'08

Silverwolf
Member # 9196

New Update:

Computer has been down...not sure what problem is...hoping it was just a glitch... in our system.

TxC was taken to local Hospital for knee x-rays, he should be home in a bit...once we get him up the steps and inside...

if the computer will stay on and not crash again...I'll let y'all know what he found out...

Hoping and praying it don't crash again...

Jus' Silverwolfi

--------------------
Diabetes*2 Dx 10/'08

Lymetoo
Member # 743

I was sure worried about you!!!!!! Keep us posted !

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Starfall1969
Member # 17353

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Starfall1969     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
((((SilverWolf)))))

May God rain down blessings and healing from heaven on both you and TxC.

And may the God of all comfort give you both comfort, peace, and rest.

Posts: 1682 | From Dillsburg, PA | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Silverwolf
Member # 9196

<<<<< Lymetoo and Lymer Family >>>>>,

According to the Drs. and X-ray techs...

'...TxC' your knees are totally trashed...gone...no cartilage anywhere..bone scraping bone...

...we are recommending full knee replacements to your VA reps...'

Well jeepers Drs., we could have told you they were trashed... we knew it was really really bad... TxC tried to tell you when he first came in...

So scooting up the front steps on his behind on bath mats,and outdoor swing cushions,and hiking himself onto a step stool and then a rolling desk chair...TxC is home...

If the darn 'puter will behave...we'll tell you about the tread chair for going down steps and the ambulance ride he took...another time...

Jus' Silverwolfi... gotta get some more calls made... BBL,[if darn 'puter behaves...]

--------------------
Diabetes*2 Dx 10/'08

Silverwolf
Member # 9196

<<<<< Starfall >>>>>,

Thank You, trying not to be scared...at least he got to come back home...

I've got some kind of bug...coughing,chest hurts... Lord please be merciful and bring quick healing for us...

Jus' Silverwolfi'

--------------------
Diabetes*2 Dx 10/'08

sammy
Member # 13952

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sammy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you for the update Silverwolf. Glad to hear you made it home after another adventure!

Did the doctor's even hint at when they might schedule the surgery? And they are going to replace both knees at once right?

Also, how's his heart been doing lately? BP OK today?

Sorry, lot's of questions. I've been thinking of you guys [Smile]

Posts: 5237 | From here | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Silverwolf
Member # 9196

Hi <<<<< Sammy >>>>>,

TxC's BP was up a bit from the stress,and the Ambulance ride...his heart sounded good.

He'll be put on a VA waiting list for the knee replacements,which will likely be done separately...

Nephew had both knees replaced at the same time...and had a really hard time, doing PT or anything else for awhile...

We'll be back later on...as long as the computer cooperates and doesn't refuse to start up again...

Jus'Silverwolfi

--------------------
Diabetes*2 Dx 10/'08

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Oh my... I sure hope BOTH of you feel better soon, Silver!

Tell txcoord I have him down for a Dec. 15th birthday!!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Silverwolf
Member # 9196

<<<<< Lymetoo >>>>>,

Thanks for the feel better wishes,and prayers!

And thank you for noting TxC's birthday for Dec.15th...

If we can get him to the VA van, early *that morning*,his Nuclear stress test for heart is this Friday the *11th,at the Salt Lake VA hospital.

Depending on what happens, we hope to have him home before his birthday. I am trying to get over this bug so that I can accompany him.

I cannot endanger the other passengers that may be in the van, w/ this darn creeping crud bug.

The test can be a tough one, a friend of ours had it done a couple years ago,and they took him from the test room straight to a surgical bay,to have heart surgery.

We were told,they will essentially be bringing on a 'heart attack',medically induced, and then stop it w/ medication/injection. If they don't like what they see it is surgery time.

An elderly friend had it done recently,she said... "Oh nothing to worry about, you'll feel like you are literally dying for about 90 seconds and then they bring you out of it. ".

I'd really like to be able to be there w/him,and hope the bundled branch blockage in his heart isn't an indicator of anything serious.

Neighbor will watch the dogs,if we have to be out for a couple of days...

We left the computer on,and online last night,hoping it wont crash again...

Have to find a way to get the mail.Its only across the side street,but in this snowy icy cold weather it seems like a mile.

Better post this reply and let the dogs out...

<<<<< Lyme Family >>>>> Thank You for being here for us!

Jus' Silverwolfi...what needs a muzzle mitten for bah nosed.

--------------------
Diabetes*2 Dx 10/'08

TxCoord
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9204

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TxCoord     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you all for your care and concern. Yesterday was an interesting experience I can tell you!

The little tractor chair to get me down the stairs was sweet however when it was time for the gurney to lift me up to the bed of the ambulance I could hear the battery saying "No! Not the fat guy! Gi9ve me some skinny kid or grandma! No more fat people!"

Has anyone noticed that dr.s think the patient is totally incompetent, illiterate, and loopy too? I tried to explain to him how bad my knees were and he was like, "Oh yes, Mr. Smith, I understand."

Maybe it didn't help when he first came in and asked what was up and I said, "Man I just came in for an oil change. . . ."

Well when those x-rays came back all he could say was, "Dude, you're knees are trashed!" (so much for professionalism - not many drs call their patients "dude")

Now we are in the wait and see mode and poor Silver is still feeling yucky.

Thanks again, ya'll

--------------------
I have a good time wherever I go!

Posts: 665 | From Lost Wages, NV | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Silverwolf
Member # 9196

Jus' us chickens here... Chick'n'Silverwolfi and Chick'n'TxC'...

Hi there <<<<< Lyme family >>>>>,

I'm still fighting a flu bug [yeah I've been slimed...Oy [Frown] ]... TxC managed to get up on his crutches a few minutes last night...and then he was exhausted again...just in time for bed.

He still cannot really walk, definitely no stairs.The heart stress test trip is still up in the air...

Everybody here is a mess, even our dogs, skin eruptions from the cold weather... lawzy even the computer is still having issues...

had to turn it off,and restart like five times today to get it to go online...we have to get it checked so will be offline for a few days...

I feels a bad country song comin' on... Oowoooowooooooo... [Eek!] [bonk]

Jus' Silverwolfi explainin the unexplainable...so I'm sure t'is all clear as mud!

--------------------
Diabetes*2 Dx 10/'08

Silverwolf
Member # 9196

jus' me again:

bit of an update...

because of this flu bug I have, they are waiting aprox. 2 wks. to do TxC's Nuclear stress test...

if he is coming down w/it... that wont help the test for his heart,or him, nor would it help a van full of Veterans...to be exposed either.

trying to get the energy to go to the bank w/ a friend to get monies put in,and more bills paid... TxC cannot get out of the house yet... [w/o a tractor chair tread climber, which is not available to us].

if I can get out of here w/o passing out [I hate nasty bad flu bugs,and will wear a dust mask,except in the bank]...

the computer will prolly go to a Dx-er tech to see why it keeps shutting down,and threatening memory,and etc...

so I'm off for now...OwowowoOOoooooWoooo

Jus'Silverwolfi

--------------------
Diabetes*2 Dx 10/'08

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement