LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » Exercise: Hikers, Walkers, Crawlers 1/18-1/24

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Exercise: Hikers, Walkers, Crawlers 1/18-1/24
kgg
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 5867

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kgg   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here we go, another week! We were all fairly active last week. My goal is to warm up and stretch my arms every morning. I am finding that they are stiff with this colder weather.

Topaz, you mentioned you babysat a 7 month old plus your own 3 kids last week. I was exhausted just reading about it! I am not sure what it is (besides old age...) but being around children exhaust me. Kudos for surviving!

Aklnwlf, I love the stores you went to last week. Right before we moved from Arizona, they built a Kirkland a mile from my house. I had to travel a little further for the World Market but loved it! The other store I miss is SteinMart. There is one in Massachusetts but that is 6 hours away. Won't be going there any time soon!

OK, back to exercise... my goal is to do an arm routine every morning after I get out of the tub. That way my arm muscles are warmed up from the bath. And to continue to walk the dogs and go to the mail every day. I may try to do some time on our exercise bike but I have to do it slowly enough not to raise my pulse or I will crash. Hate that.

Hope we all have a good week!
Karen

Posts: 1686 | From Maine | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Topaz
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 20216

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Topaz     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Kam. [Smile]

They definitely exhaust me at times. I find my patience isn't what it used to be.

Fortunately, my girls are 14, and my son is 9. They can do a lot for themselves if need be. I can also remove myself for a bit if I get overwhelmed. Still a lot of work though.

But the 7 month old....*phew* How soon we forget that picking up/lugging around stage!

Good luck with your arm routine!

I have a set of weights sitting here on my family room floor that I keep meaning to pick up and use. Hasn't happened yet. There's no time! Or energy...

I also have 3 dogs(one who is still in crazy chewing/messing puppy stage), and 4 guinea pigs who keep me busy and they all give me quite the workout.

This morning my workout will be to clean the guinea pig cage. Actually, I should call it the guinea pig mansion. It's a huge two story cage and quite an ordeal to clean the whole thing.

While I'm cleaning that, I will also have to weigh said pigs and clip said pigs' nails.

This will take me a good hour or two.

Then I will take my epsom salt bath and bring my boy for his Dr. visit.

Then it's time to get dinner started.

[bonk]

Posts: 423 | From Upstate NY | Registered: May 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kgg
Member # 5867

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kgg   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I forgot to answer the question about what kind of dogs we all have. My two are golden retrievers. Miss Pris (aka Kaley) is 11 years old and Brewster is 2.5 years old.
Posts: 1686 | From Maine | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kam
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 3410

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Made it around the block...kind of...in my upright power chair this morning.

We are supposed to have rain all week with snow on Friday.

It is tricky getting Rosie out via the power chair on rainy days. I realize I have been just plain lucky in the past and it is not good to mix electricity and water so will try to stay out of the rain if at all possible now.

So far, this am's exercise was sitting upright while taking Rosie out. The cold air seemed to help the brain but I was till pretty much in a fog.

Posts: 15927 | From Became too sick to work or do household chores in 2001. | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kgg
Member # 5867

Yesterday, I did my arm routine. Both are sore today! Plus I vacuumed the entire house. Both dogs got a shower and then afterward I cleaned the bathroom and another. I did other chores as well but they really don't count for active movement.

And I remembered not to go up to the mail! My neighbors must be wondering where I was.

Have a good day, every one.
Karen

Topaz
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 20216

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Topaz     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Kgg, sorry for calling you kam in my previous post! D'oh!

Lyme brain.

Good job with the arm workout!

As for the dogs, I love golden retrievers. They always seem so loyal and devoted. [Smile]

Mine are all mixes.

Elsie is an 11 year old Border Collie mix. She's the most kind and gentle girl ever.

Bella is a 7 year old Terrier mix. She's very attention hungry and demanding, but is a love. She was living in a drainage ditch in Arkansas for her first 9 months of life...which probably is why she's so needy.

Chloe is a 7 month old Terrier mix. She looks sort of like a Schnauzer! Or a stuffed animal! Very cute. She's still in the crazy puppy mode but is a good girl.

Have a great Tuesday, everyone.

I'm off to grocery shop today. And if I feel o.k. after that, I'm going to look for a birthday gift for my mom.

Posts: 423 | From Upstate NY | Registered: May 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kam
Member # 3410

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Able to walk into dog park. Short stay. Unfriendlies

Walked into ma and pa health food store. Did you know they have gluten free hamburger buns??

I hope they are good.

Walked into dog park to let Rosie do her duty before bed time.

Walked into Walgreen's with Rosie using her harness. Picked up two things. Exhausted.

[ 01-19-2010, 08:38 PM: Message edited by: kam ]

Posts: 15927 | From Became too sick to work or do household chores in 2001. | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
merrygirl
Member # 12041

Icon 1 posted      Profile for merrygirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
did some mild strecthing but thats it. no real movement lol.

My daughter was home sick with strep again!

ugh.

you guys rock!

Posts: 3905 | From USA | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
... yikes .. is today Tuesday already??

I had to miss exercise on Monday due to my sciatica all night on Sunday. Didn't want to make it flare again, though it WAS better Monday morning.

So... hope to make it to exercise tomorrow!! (Wed)

Keep plugging away you guys!!!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kam
Member # 3410

Wed...will read what others wrote when that part of the brain is working

Walked into post office....good strong walk

Used handicap button to open double doors on the way out

The guy in front of me started staring at the door...didn't hit me until I was almost in the car that he was probably wondering how it was that the door opened before he had a chance to push it

If I had been quicker, I could have told him I twitched my nose.

Wed evening outing: trail in forest near home. Est 15 to 20 min on feet. 5 min, rest, 5 min out and then the guy in the camper came to talk with me...kept it short as last time I over did it and got very sick.

The frame is going up on the house. He said they had not worked on it this week due to weather.

The creeks are flowing now. Very nice.

The lightening was wonderful and I saw lots of birds but my bird brain was not working well enough to take in enough to know what kind of birds they were.

Someone had hung a sign from one of the dead trees near the creek that says "Reindeer Crossing" Cool.

Each time I have left the house this week there have been people in my parking place. It says handicap only and something else.

The people in my place did not even have a handicap license on their car.

Parking is a problem here especially for those of us who have difficulty being on our feet.

[ 01-20-2010, 06:52 PM: Message edited by: kam ]

kgg
Member # 5867

Yesterday I did my arm routine and then went out to shovel. The snow storm we had was a slow one. That meant shoveling the deck twice, the entrance twice and the roof entrance once. Needless to say, my arms feel stiff like I could use a good massage.

Today, I have to take Brewster to the vets again. And then take my MIL to an appointment. Except for some arm stretches I don't think I will get much exercise in today.

Lymetoo, I am sorry to hear that the sciatica is flaring again. I may have asked this before but do they know what is causing it? Just wondering if it is arthritis or Lyme bugs. Certainly not fun either way! Hope it resolves quickly for you.

Merrygirl, when I worked in a physician's office years ago, we cultured the dogs throat as the patient kept having strep. I think it was negative, but it might be something to think about if your daughter keeps getting the infection. Hope she feels better soon!

Topaz, no worries. Typically, I just skip over those kind of things. They don't bother me. But this time I did not even notice that you said KAM. Now how is that for Lyme brain?

How is every one else?

kam
Member # 3410

Karen,

Take care of yourself today. That was quite a work out yesterday.

TuTu

Glad you are doing better. I understand trying to find a balance so as not to make things worse.

Melissa,

The stretches are good. Thanks for reminding me I need to do this too. Hope your daughter is doing better now.

Topaz,

I caught that but knew what you meant.

When I was working, I would write TGIF on the board. But, now it seems it is THIT that pops in my head. Hurray, I think we are going to make it through the week.

Water therapy this am. Hoping I remember to bring the water shoes this time.

aklnwlf
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 5960

Icon 6 posted      Profile for aklnwlf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi all! Where has the week gone? [Roll Eyes]

Monday-Me and Rocky 3 miles and those workout videos. Then about 3 1/2 hours of vine pulling, sapling trimming and leaf raking.

Tuesday-Those workout videos and another 3 hours of the same yardwork.

Wednesday-Doc appt. so no workout or walking and truth be told a little sore.

Haven't worked out yet but am heading in that direction.

Karen-I have problems with my joints too in this colder weather. And changing the subject, loved to hear about the doggies. Goldens are such loving dogs. BTW, snow shoveling should rank right up there with weight lifting! [Wink]

Topaz-My motivation for starting a workout routine was my endocrinologist put me on a diet (which I haven't gone on yet). I mistakenly thought if I worked out I'd lose some weight. I've been working out since the end of October and am contemplating bumping my arm weights up to maybe 7-8 pounds. I haven't lost any weight and am cutting out sugar and red meats, pork, chicken and will eat fish, eggs, veggies, etc.

Another thing that's highly motivational is that after 2 months I'm seeing some serious results. Didn't think my almost 50 y.o. body could respond to the same old exercising I did in my 30's. Must be good exercises! [lol]

Kam-So glad that you're getting out! If I didn't have Rocky I'd be sitting here with my laptop way to long surfing and playing computer games! [Wink]

Merrygirl-Aahh, hope your daughter gets over strep real quick! [group hug]

TuTu-Sciatica is very painful from what I've heard. I have S.I. joint problems myself and when they flare I have to go to physical therapy.
I've had to alter my workout to accomadate my left elbow, shoulder and right knee. Any more injuries and I might have to throw in the towel! [lol]

I'll see you all later in the week!!!

[hi]

--------------------
Do not take this as medical advice. This comment is based on opinion and personal experience only.

Alaska Lone Wolf

Posts: 6144 | From Columbus, GA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kam
Member # 3410

Good to hear from you AKW and all you are doing and the good results.

Busy morning here. Lots of people in the lobby and office. The new management is inspecting the apartments today and making changes.

I over heard one person tell the maintenance guy he would be picking up the trash outside of the doors of the apartments.

This is such a relief and needed.

Busy morning for me too. As far as moving the body...put two loads of laundry in, cleaned up in kitchen a bit, tried to put shower rod and curtain back up but it is done for...need a new one.

Picked up in front room a bit.

Really over did it this am but tried to do what I could so apartment would be more presentable.

Bedroom needs work with stacks of laundry that needs to be put away and the sheets changed and the bed made.

Floors need vacuuming and swept and mopped...but I have done all I can do.

Brain is inflamed or whatever it does...going to getup and take some xango now to see if that helps.

Missed water therapy as I was hoping I would be able to pick up a little around here before the inspection.

Glad it worked out a bit

Oh yes...top of desk needs cleaned up too with a a stack of papers that have been there way to long and top of dresser.

So much clutter here since lyme and company hit.

At least I am slowly improving with being able to do a few things a week.

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
kam.. I'm having a gluten free hamburger tonight!

kgg.. I have two arthritic joints in my lower back (some in my neck too)

I believe it's L-5 and S-1.

Exercised Wednesday. Hope to go again tomorrow!!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Topaz
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 20216

I am laying here on my couch with an electric blanket on and a heating pad behind my neck. Not moving my body at ALL but boy does it feel good.

It's been an odd day. Was supposed to take my mom out for lunch for her b-day but plans changed at the last minute.

This threw me off so I then had no idea what to do with myself.

I decided to go to the health food store to find some mangosteen juice, which I did.

Then I went to a place called Earth Foods Cafe and got a delicious organic tabouli, avocado, lettuce and tomato wrap for lunch. And to top it off, a Green and Black's dark chocolate bar for dessert. [Smile]

I parked my van down by the boat docks along the Hudson River and ate my wrap and half of the candy bar while watching the ice float by. Very nice.

It's so sunny and gorgeous here today, not as cold as it has been so the sun coming in the car window felt divine.

Then I came back home and sat on the sunny front porch with the dogs for a while.

I walked the perimeter of the fence(about an acre) to try to figure out where two of my dogs have been escaping from but no luck. They must be magical.

After that, I came back to the sunny porch for about 15 more minutes. While I was laying back, I was doing some gentle crunches and leg lifts. That felt pretty good.

And now, here I am on the couch. [Smile]

Kids will be home from school pretty soon.

Aklnwlf, it's amazing how our bodies can respond to exercise like that. About 4 years ago, I started exercising daily...weights, floor exercises, and walking.

I lost 25 lbs. and my body looked better at 40 than it did at 30! I felt great.

Fast forward to now...20 lbs. back on me and tooooo tired to keep up with the exercise. Gotta start small I guess.

Kam, you've been a busy bee!

Tu-Tu, sciatica is NO fun. I've had it off and on for years. Glad yours has let up a bit.

Have a great day, all. [Smile]

kam
Member # 3410

Topaz...I like your day! Very nice. We need an Earth Foods CAfe here. I think they would do very well.
kam
Member # 3410

Just finished hanging up some laundry and putting towels away that were on the bed. Some of that stuff has been on my bed a long time.

Housekeeper/caregiver helped.

My brain went so laying here trying to recharge, then will finish putting the towels away.

Glad the housekeeper/caregiver came before the inspection of apartments.

Apartment is beginning to look a bit more presentable.

Hoping I am not down for a few weeks after today

kam
Member # 3410

Friday: Brushed snow off of windows. Did a little fish tailing on the way up and back on that hill to the trail head.

Heard the sound of rushing water as soon as I got out of the car.

Not able to make it across the first creek crossing.

Guessing I was on my feet 5 or 10 min this am. Walked to the building site.

They did a good job of directing the flow of two streams that cross their land and are now flowing under their drive way with just a bit flowing over the driveway...they need to fix that.

House looks like it is going to be multi level with a 3 car garage in front. Siding is up.

With large beams waiting to be put in place.

kam
Member # 3410

Took a couple of excedrin and went back out. Dog Park. 5 or 10 min

Rosie loves the snow

Wanted to go out to the indian ruins but chains or 4 wheel drive needed.

So glad my health is doing well enough I can get in the car and drive to take Rosie out and be on my feet for a bit.

Electricity and power chairs and wet weather is no no. I have been so lucky while I was ignorant.

But, now I know, I am trying to avoid being out in rain and snow in the PC

Topaz
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 20216

So good to hear of you getting out and about, kam.

The Indian ruins sound intriguing to me. What exactly are they? What's there? Does anyone find artifacts and stuff there?

kam
Member # 3410

Topaz,

Here is one web site on them:

http://www.paysonrimcountry.com/MountainRecreation/InterpretiveCenters/ShooflyIndianRuins/tabid/141/Default.aspx

The locals use to find things before AZ State U came along but now it is mostly just a nice open space with asphalt paths to walk on when walking might be a problem for me.

I went back out there. There are old wooden fences at the entrance....but today there was so much snow you could only see where the fences might be and where the trail might be.

I hadn't expected that.

There also were 3 large electric company trucks there which helped clear my way into the parking lot.

They were unloaded a snow vehicle that I wish I would have been doing well enough to take a picture of....

It had tracking and cut through the snow easily.

I know there job is tough in weather like this but I also thought how cool to get paid to drive that across open county.

There is not housing in the area so they must be heading towards a down utility pool out in the forest. It is a mesa type of terrain there for a bit so they should have fun getting to the site.

I finally figured out why the police car was parked at the intersection on the way out to the ruins.

The main highway heading north of here is chains or 4 wheel drive only.

I was able to stop and see if my daughter's dog could come out and play.

So, Rosie and Hunter had a good run along what usually is a dry creek bed nearby.

It was full of water today and the path was snow covered on the way. Interesting how things look so different when there is snow on the ground.

So, I was on my feet again. Not sure why the health is doing so well but I like it.

I think that is it for the day. One more outing to toilet Rosie before bed time.

lpkayak
Member # 5230

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lpkayak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hey topaz---where are you? i raised mykids in the red hook/rhinebeck area and worked in peekskill. i kayaked a lot in te hudson. i remember watcing the ice float by.

the germantown dock area is one of my favorites...and there is another on the other side justsouth of the newburg beacon bridge.

i have only kayaked once since having my knees replaced...i hope that changes next summer

well all...i've been prettty down...but i ride to morrow for the first time in a long time. i wish i knew how to put pics on here-i plan to get the helpers to take some with my phone.

i'm still pretty bummed about how much the new program costs...i had no idea.

--------------------
Lyme? Its complicated. Educate yourself.

Posts: 13712 | From new england | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Topaz
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 20216

I'm in Columbia County, Kinderhook area. Sort of between Albany and Hudson.

I'm very familiar with Redhook/Rhinebeck. I'm in Rhinebeck every 3-4 weeks for my llmd appointments.

The boat docks I spent time at are in Hudson.

There are a million beautiful spots along the river though. I like the least traveled ones and have often spent hours quartz and arrowhead hunting along the cliffs.

Kam, I love the sound of the indian ruins. And I'm sure there are still some artifacts to be found if you know where to look. That'd be a place I could see myself frequenting if I lived nearby.

The pictures, lpkayak ...if you know how to upload them to your computer and can email them to me, I'll post them here for you. I'd love to see them.

My exercise for today was pushing an old man's car out of my driveway RIGHT before my son's basketball practice. Just about as we were walking out the door.

He was here to drop something off for my significant other and as he left, he spun out and around on the ice and wedged himself in sideways.

I had to push him out all by myself if we wanted to get to basketball practice, which we were obviously late for.

What fun. And also very good for my knee that's been bugging me for the past few days.

kam
Member # 3410

Kayak...sure hope you have a good ride tomorrow.

I can't imagine kayaking with ice floating by.

Topaz...ugg about the car and your body

Looking forward to seeing Kayak's pics.

Quartz and arrowhead hunting along the cliffs sounds like my cup of tea too.

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Glad you're doing so well, kam! I worry about you out there on the ice or snow though!

I did my usual exercises at the cardiac rehab. Didn't quite make a mile though. Kinda out of shape still. Almost there!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

kgg
Member # 5867

Yesterday was the first day in 5 days that I did not have to go anywhere. It has been appointments back to back. I walked the dogs and went to the mail. I did not do my arm routine. They say if you can do something for 6 weeks it will become a habit. I have a long way to go if I keep forgetting.

Topaz, your outing sounded wonderful. I would have ended up under an electric blanket too!

LPkayak, I hope that your riding today is a pleasure for you. I look forward to seeing the pics. For some reason I thought it was a program that was subsidized. I guess considering how much you love riding, it is a good place to put your money as long as it does not break the bank.

KAM, I echo Lymetoo's concern. Please be careful out on those roads!

Lymetoo, thanks for the info on your sciatica. I am sorry that is something you have to deal with!

Have a good Saturday every one!

kam
Member # 3410

Lymetoo...glad you were able to move your body.

Karen...a much needed at home day...this is good.

I went back out to the trail head that is close to home in the evening with my snow boots on.

I still could not cross the creek. Wondered how that guy who hikes that trail every morning does it.

I know he wears boots and gators but with the water rushing over them it seems he would still get his feet wet. He has on hiking boots.

And he must carry his dog across..she is much smaller than Rosie.

Rosie was confused last night. She usually crosses the creek before I do. She couldn't find a place to cross last night either.

Guessing the guy knows the trail so well he knows where to put his feet to cross as there are boulders under the water that if you knew them well enough you could step on them to get across.

We got more snow last night. But, body is not as strong this am. Hoping to be able to get to Ace Hardware to pick up a shower curtain rod.

Thought maintenance was going to fix it but it has been a hectic week for them.

So, I either take a sponge bath and wait until Monday or see if I can get to the hardware store myself this am.

Wish I had a vehicle that transported my power chair.

I just need to get to the cashier inside the door and then find a place to sit. She will have someone get me the rod.

But, after doing all that, I most likely will be too worn out to take a shower.

So, perhaps a sponge bath..but that would really ware me out too. ..lot of multi movement with that and multi tasking for the brain.

I think I will just lie here a bit more...all of this is too overwhelming this am with the body back to not being very strong and the brain having trouble telling the body to move.

Looks like a much needed at home day for me too.

But, it was like a mini vacation for me yesterday.

kgg
Member # 5867

Mini vacations are good! =)
kam
Member # 3410

Ok Able to take the shower. Just put towels down on floor.

Able to walk into dog park est 5 min on feet.

That looks like it for today. It was fun being out...interesting how different homes look with snow on them...some I usually do not like looked great...others I usually like were not looking so inviting.

Would really like to see more of the winter wonder land but body, brain and eyes are saying not a good idea.

Wondering if the snow plows were working all night last night. I assume so but not so sure.

kam
Member # 3410

Took a couple of excedrin this afternoon and headed out towards the trail head closest to me.

The creek has gone done. If I was as strong as I was yesterday, I could have crossed it...you can see which boulders to step on now.

Instead checked out the building site...a friend of the people who are building it said there was a 15 feet hole in the retaining wall due to erosion.

I couldn't see it where I was....you needed to be able to cross the creek to see it.

What a pad they have....backed up to the National Forest with 3 creek crossings.

Est time on my feet 15 min...not really sure but the way my body was hurting and how weak I was getting...guessing 15 min.

It is beautiful outside. Hoping I am doing well first thing tomorrow morning and can head to the Indian ruins site. I would like to see animal tracks in the snow or perhaps I will be strong enough to cross the creek tomorrow.

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Kam... how much snow did you get?

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

kam
Member # 3410

I just read a post on FB from a local pastor's wife and she said it was 10 inches....this is much more than we usually get.

The amount of snow varies a lot in this area...5 or 10 min out of town and there will be much more snow.

When it first started the northern end of town got 2 inches and we didn't get any. The northern end is 5 min away. Interesting how that works.

kam
Member # 3410

Drove out to the Indian Ruins this am but too icy to get in the parking lot so kept driving to next usual spot...and then the next and then the next...finally found a road I usually don't go on to let Rosie out to toilet...

Very icy...just out long enough to let her pee and then back in the car.

Came home and slept until 1 pm and then only woke up because Rosie woke me up.

This evening I was able to go on the trail near home. Able to cross the first creek crossing but not the 2nd one.

Last year someone put a large log to step on to get across.

Est 15 min outing with 10 min on feet. Tried to walk without taking a break but ended up turning around and sitting on the fallen log to rest as I was too weak and tired.

The guy who is staying in a camper out there got stuck on the first creek crossing. Someone with a truck was trying to pull him out but they were not succeeding...looks like he might just have to stay in the creek tonight.

Didn't look like they had figured out they needed to put something under the wheels yet.

That is how i got my power chair unstuck when I got stuck there once.

Body was really stiff and sore after both outings today plus being so easily exhausted.

A nice hot bath would feel so good right about now. Just showers here. No tub.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement