LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » Exercise: Hikers, Walkers, Crawlers 2/8-2/14

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Exercise: Hikers, Walkers, Crawlers 2/8-2/14
kgg
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 5867

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kgg   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Still laying low. Weird to nap after I wake up and have two cups of coffee! It is going to be in the 30's today, so I am going to try to get outside. That is close to balmy for us.

Seemed like some of us were having a good week last week. Cathy is walking the cul de sac daily. That is great! =) KAM made it to the Phoenix tree. And Topaz is still going right along. As is Lymetoo.

Would love to hear how Aklnwlf and Kayak are doing. I am not intentionally leaving any out. Just having a Lyme brain moment on names. Please let us know how you are doing!

Best,
Karen

Posts: 1686 | From Maine | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi, Karen!! Glad you're able to go out in that balmy weather. I hear ya on the balmy.

It's snowing here today, so no cardiac rehab. I'm pretty sure they were closed.. just decided I wasn't going out in that.

Wasn't sure how much more snow we would get. Looks like only another few inches coming.

I plan to vacuum today for exercise!!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tdtid
Member # 10276

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tdtid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Karen,

I think ALL of us can relate to the lyme brain and drawing total blanks when it comes to names.

Actually it looks like you are doing better than you are giving yourself credit for, but we really do understand.

Get in thoose naps. It is suppose to help our body heal faster.

Wow Tutu...vacuuming? You don't want to come to my house and see the piles of dog hair that haven't been vacuumed in ummmmmm....ummmmm...too long. Eeeeek.

Still doing my nightly walks. We are suppose to get more snow on Wednesday but so far, that hasn't been slowing me down the way it did last winter.

Hugs to all.

Cathy

--------------------
"To Dream The Impossible Dream" Man of La Mancha

Posts: 2638 | From New Hampshire | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, I ended up NOT vacuuming, but I did take a walk up to the mail boxes and also took pictures of all the beautiful snow!!

It was only about 3+ inches, but looked like tons more! It is REALLY fluffy.

Got some great pictures. The asphalt was not covered in snow so it was an easy walk. Will be 10 degrees tonight.. so will be a bit icy I imagine.

Still snowing.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kam
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 3410

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good to hear from you all.

Scrapped ice off of the windshield this am.

Did the 10 min loop in the forest but felt too sick to enjoy it this am.

Resting now and doing a bit better.

So thankful for that car. It sure helps to keep the depression down and give me more independence and warmth on cold days and coolness on hot days.

Posts: 15927 | From Became too sick to work or do household chores in 2001. | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Right kam... cars give us some independence. I remember driving around the area here while going thru treatment.

It gave me the opportunity to "DO" something and enjoy the scenery too! I know where almost everything is in this community. Hubby always asks me "where is this?" I usually know! [Smile]

Can't get out today. Should have gone out yesterday, but maybe couldn't have anyway. My car's battery is dead. May just be due to the 10 degree weather.

We bought a cheap battery last year and hubby was saying last week that we would likely have to buy a better battery as that one was just not adequate. Well, guess what?

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

merrygirl
Member # 12041

Icon 1 posted      Profile for merrygirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
havent been doing anything exercise wise. I have strep throat and feel like I am dying. I will start aquatherapy next week.

I am glad to read about others being able to move around. I cannot even lift my arms.

Posts: 3905 | From USA | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kgg
Member # 5867

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kgg   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Feel better soon, Merrygirl! Strep can be miserable. And you too KAM!

Yup, Lymetoo, 10 degrees will do a battery in. We had to replace Bob's mom this winter. She said, "it's only 5 years old...". It was time. We buy the Interstate batteries. They last, but are not cheap.

No exercise for me, either. I went to an appointment, the grocery store and home to make supper. Now I am in my recliner and won't move again for the rest of the day. I hope to get back to my routine tomorrow. This med is really wiping me out.

Posts: 1686 | From Maine | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daisyrlb
Member # 15686

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daisyrlb     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
merrygirl, so sorry you have strep throat. Ouch. Pray you get better soon.

It's been snowing like crazy in Oklahoma (like in the New England States--well, maybe not THAT bad).

I'm looking forward to the global warming [lol]

With all the ice and snow outside I'm not getting out to walk, etc. I have been making it to work as the roads have been cleared off. Whew, I missed enough last month with that big ice and snow storm we had.

I'm doing my usual isometric exercises in front of the tv. I was somewhat unfaithful over the holidays and it feels good to get to be strengthening and toning those muscles once again. [woohoo]

Posts: 2188 | From Oklahoma | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kgg
Member # 5867

Good job, Daisy, getting back into the swing of things!

I walked up to the mail today. But did not walk the dogs. I put my energy into vacuuming the house. I did it with two breaks. Then I was toast.

All of you southern people are getting my snow! I don't mind the lack of ice under foot. But it is unusual for all of these storms to go south of us.

Hope everyone is OK.

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Daisy.. you still have snow on the ground?? We have only a little today. Ready for round 5.

kgg... good job... I'm ready to start vacuuming right now!!

I did my usual mile at rehab and the usual exercises. Twas fun!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

aklnwlf
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 5960

Icon 6 posted      Profile for aklnwlf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi, hi!!! [hi]

Wednesday-Me and Rocky walked close to 1 mile. Am putting off my exercising until my back gets better. Rocky's still limping a bit but not as much.

Was so happy to read all the posts. It sure is encouraging.

See you all later!

--------------------
Do not take this as medical advice. This comment is based on opinion and personal experience only.

Alaska Lone Wolf

Posts: 6144 | From Columbus, GA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Good to hear from you AK!! Glad you two are doing better!!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Topaz
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 20216

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Topaz     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yesterday and today I did absolutely nothing as far as exercise goes. I did get out for a small grocery shop with my son but then immediately hit the couch.

Been feeling very tired and achy these past couple of days, especially my legs and feet. So bad that it's been keeping me up at night.

Hopefully this herx or flare or whatever it is I'm having will let up soon so I can get back on track.

Downward spiral be gone.

Feel better, merrygirl.

And to those of you who have seemingly swiped our snow from us this year, be careful out there.

Posts: 423 | From Upstate NY | Registered: May 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kam
Member # 3410

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Can't read what others wrote but hope to be able to later.

Did the 10 min loop in the forest. Level ground but it was as if I was climbing a steep mountain with a backpack on that was too heavy.

Talked about 5 min to one of the other hikers.

Not really in a good mood this am and wasn't really up to talking with him..just so exhausted.

Resting now.

it has not helped this week that the maintenance guy has been in and out to fix the shower all week.

he comes in and then goes out and then comes in and then goes out.

He is pleasant and quiet.

But, it is just too much. He should finish up today.

Posts: 15927 | From Became too sick to work or do household chores in 2001. | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kgg
Member # 5867

Walked up to the mail this morning. I have not taken the dogs out yet. They have run on their own. Thank goodness for the invisible dog fence. My energy is low today after taking my MIL to an appointment yesterday.

Topaz, I hope that leg and foot pain improves soon! It is miserable not to be able to get some uninterrupted sleep.

Aklnwlf, so glad to hear that you are out and on the mend.

Have a good day every one!

lpkayak
Member # 5230

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lpkayak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
cant type much-keyboard broke and right hand broke from writing taxes and mortgage stuff

looking good on getting house-march 3-maybe new beginning-hope so

can't ride-new program was bad...depressing

alot of fatigue, chest pain, wierd arm and jaw pains...but when ever i get tested for heart i'm fine...so go to bed every night not knowing if i will ewake up---don't know what else to do

behind on mammogram, cholesterol test, hip mri...just can't do it all

alot of sleep-some walk ing dog...hes sad too

--------------------
Lyme? Its complicated. Educate yourself.

Posts: 13712 | From new england | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daisyrlb
Member # 15686

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daisyrlb     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Catching up on this thread now.

Thanks kgg and lymetoo.

kgg, it is really wierd. I'm in the OKC area. We didn't get snow today (just flurries yesterday) but southern Oklahoma and Texas Dallas/Ft Worth got snow! [dizzy]

Lymetoo, we have just a little snow left in places, except in southern Oklahoma. They still have some from what hit you all in Texas. It didn't make it quite north to us this time.

Huh? North to us? That just don't sound right. Snow coming from the South? Suppose to come from the North?

I'm looking forward to the global warming [lol]

You all are doing so great with getting out there and moving it, or moving it inside. [woohoo] Lyme Survivors!

My hubby and I went for a walk today. Got up to about 50 degrees. [woohoo] [woohoo] [woohoo] [Big Grin]

Posts: 2188 | From Oklahoma | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kgg
Member # 5867

LPKayak, kudos on another house! I hadn't realized you were still looking. It is a stressful process. I was sorry to hear that the therapeutic riding did not work out. I know how much riding means to you. I hope that you can find something else! I hope that you are feeling better emotionally as well as physically soon.

Good job, Daisy! Keep up the good work!

Yesterday, I walked up to the mail only to find that my dh had already been. Otherwise, I was a couch potato. Not sure today will be any different.

aklnwlf
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 5960

Icon 6 posted      Profile for aklnwlf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Friday-Me and Rocky played in the snow! Yes, it snowed here in the deep south about 6-8 inches! I built a redneck snowman clad in camo gloves and hat! I wish I had a can of beer to complete the picture!

I used poor Rocky as a moving target and tagged him with at least 15 snowballs. It made him very bitey and jumpy. Truth be told, I think he was having as much fun as I was.

All the running around caused me to slip and land face down in the front yard! Thank God the snow cushioned my fall. I sure hope no one saw that!

Anyways all, hope you're having as much fun as I am!

[woohoo]

--------------------
Do not take this as medical advice. This comment is based on opinion and personal experience only.

Alaska Lone Wolf

Posts: 6144 | From Columbus, GA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kam
Member # 3410

Went around the apartments in the reclining power chair with leg lifts this am.

Been really out of it lately brain wise and waiting it out.

kam
Member # 3410

Well...we made it through another week. Not able to read how others did this past week.

Just hoping this is a good week for all of us.

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Kayak.. congrats on the new home. I hope that you can get some help with your heart issues. TEll your doggie hi for me! ( I DID meet him once! [Razz] )

kam... hang in there. I hope help is on its way, via La.

daisy... I'm in Missouri... TX is just my homeland. Been in MO for 13 yrs. Ready to go home!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement