LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » Adrenals-Thyroid-Wilson's Adrenal Rebuilder

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Adrenals-Thyroid-Wilson's Adrenal Rebuilder
djf2005
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 11449

Icon 1 posted      Profile for djf2005     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey friends-

Just returned from seeing a local Dr near me who follows DK closely as well as incorporating hormone support (very important to her) etc.

I have been begging my Dr for years to take a closer look at how the hormones play a more intrical role in chronic conditions, and now it seems I may be finally vindicated. lol.

Anyway, she recommended this product;
Wilson's adrenal rebuilder, because unlike other adrenal products, it does not support them w/ the usual (rhidola, etc), instead it is designed to rebuild them.

Looks very promising to me. I am actually surprised because it takes a bit of doing for me to hear of something new these days. lol again.
She said she has more success w/ this particular product than any other adrenal/thyroid product.
This is exciting coming from a LLMD neurologist who follows DK and places a large emphasis on balancing the body's hormonal axis as first line of attack.

This product I was told is also for thyroid malfunction as the adrenals control it, which when rebalanced/rebuilt, the thyroid comes back in line.

Now this is all just what I have been told, and I have yet to try the product, but I just wanted to share w/ you all (cane, massman, and all the other hormone junkies)

I'll report back once I am on it w/ any benefit I find.

Best

Derek

--------------------
"Experience is not what happens to you; it is what you do with what happens to you."

[email protected]

Posts: 2269 | From Lansdowne, Pa | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
canefan17
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 22149

Icon 1 posted      Profile for canefan17     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Interesting. Can't wait to see what's in it.

I read an article today...
An MD said 90% of hypothyroid cases in America are undetected hashimotos.

^^^ Is this even possible?
http://www.drboydston.com/thyroidreport.html?awt_l=5S6ep&awt_m=1kifLdvwNA9zsz

*Sorry wasn't trying to jack your thread lol

Posts: 5394 | From Houston, Tx | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
djf2005
Member # 11449

Icon 1 posted      Profile for djf2005     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Cane-

No apologies needed man. lol.

This is what is in it:

http://www.futureformulations.com/store/adrenal-rebuilder%C2%AE-p6.html

It is actual concentrates of the actual glands we are trying to rebuild.

I believe this is the same Dr who names "Wilson's syndrome" so I am going to bet this stuff is not half bad.

On the hypothyroid article, I think the more important question is IF 90% of the population do in fact have some type of thyroid issue whether it be hypo or hashi is WHY is it happening?

And of course, how to treat it.

Best

Derek

--------------------
"Experience is not what happens to you; it is what you do with what happens to you."

[email protected]

Posts: 2269 | From Lansdowne, Pa | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
Is this the same Wilson as the author of the book below? It is an EXCELLENT book.

------------

Many libraries carry this book and you can read 95 customer reviews here (average 4.5 star out of 5) AND see inside the book:

www.amazon.com/Adrenal-Fatigue-Century-Stress-Syndrome/dp/1890572152/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1263516913&sr=8-1

Adrenal Fatigue: The 21st Century Stress Syndrome

~ James L. Wilson, ND, DC, PhD, Johnathan V. Wright, MD

About $10. And qualifies for free shipping with a total $25. Purchase at Amazon
-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
canefan17
Member # 22149

Icon 1 posted      Profile for canefan17     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
djf,

It seems to be genetic but is only exposed when under certain conditions.

For example... a lot of people have hidden Celiac's... which opens the door to autoimmune disordrs like Hashi's. Even Lyme.

Or women after pregnancy go from Th1 to Th2 and become Hypo (hashi's).

Stress
Diet
Etc etc

His solutions are to reverse the immune response. Talks about an overactive immune system and how to avoid activating it.

A lot of it sounded similar to what many of us are trying to do with Lyme.

Posts: 5394 | From Houston, Tx | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
djf2005
Member # 11449

Yes Keeb, I think so

--------------------

[email protected]

djf2005
Member # 11449

Cane-

I agree, reversing the immune response and resetting it is crucial.

Reverse T3 I am coming to find is a suggested better indicator of an autoimmune process in the body than a simple ANA w/ reflex.

If the body is attacking the thyroid/adrenals then it is probably attacking other things too.

--------------------

[email protected]

Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
Once the infections are treated, so much of this gets better. Along the way, support is vital but we may have to wait until the infections are adequately addressed to see our bodies start to work right again - and the re-entry curve can take some time.

It's easy to underestimate the effect of infection but it really is such a key here. Lyme and all the others that we deal with are called "stealth" infections for a reason, they are very sneaky.
-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
canefan17
Member # 22149

But I have no idea how that is done lol

Reversing immune response.

I just wonder why so many LLMD's are quick to put their patients on synthetic hormones.

I wonder what the rate of success is with it?

Like...
remission(while on synthroid/cytomel)
vs
remission(without synthetics)

canefan17
Member # 22149

Keebler,

Great point. Dr B always says... when in doubt...

"It's Lyme, stupid."

djf2005
Member # 11449

I agree, treating the infections will result in some what of a re-balanced body, but some of the things need support along the way and some of the things may not fall back in line even when the infections are under control.

--------------------

[email protected]

cantgiveupyet
Member # 8165

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cantgiveupyet     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Derek- Do you have any info or other sites that state rt3 is caused by an autoimmune reaction?

do you know of any LLMD that treat rt3?

My ANA just went speckled with Sojgrens antibodies detected, but very low. So far no thyroid antibodies

thnks!

quote:
Originally posted by djf2005:
Cane-

I agree, reversing the immune response and resetting it is crucial.

Reverse T3 I am coming to find is a suggested better indicator of an autoimmune process in the body than a simple ANA w/ reflex.

If the body is attacking the thyroid/adrenals then it is probably attacking other things too.

--------------------
"Say it straight simple and with a smile."

"Thus the task is, not so much to see what no one has seen yet,
But to think what nobody has thought yet, About what everybody sees."

-Schopenhauer

pos babs, bart, igenex WB igm/igg

Posts: 3156 | From Lyme limbo | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
canefan17
Member # 22149

Derek,

Ii do like the ingredients in that product.

I just checked my adrenal creams and asked my naturopath and she said I have glandulars in mine. (I didn't realize that)

Dr S actually recommends creams because it skips the digestion process and gets straight into the blood.

Nevertheless, my adrenal stuff has worked wonders for me.

Now if I can figure out this damn thyroid!

massman
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And what are the downsides of creams ?

Figuring the thyroid ? Play with synthetics for the numbers !

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement