LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » Exercise: What Can You Do Today? 2/15-21

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Exercise: What Can You Do Today? 2/15-21
kgg
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 5867

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kgg   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
With every one's permission. I have been thinking about changing the topic title a little. I was reading about CFS and exercise. The doc said this:

"Don't call it ``exercise.''
We all, patients and providers, have inflated perceptions about what the word exercise means. Instead of asking about exercise, try: ``What are you able to do ...to keep your muscles from becoming weak?...to keep your body moving? ...to stay strong and flexible?...to work on physical conditioning?''

Discuss physical conditioning activities in every visit.
Just as I review medications, current symptoms and level of function, I include a question about efforts to become better physically conditioned. Everything counts: walking up and down stairs in the home, sitting on the grass or a gel pillow and pulling a few weeds, walking the dog.

Point out and commend what is being done, and think of ways to gradually push toward, but not over, the threshold and discover its nature. Confirm with patients the activities they have discovered helpful (ie, stretching helps reduce pain and stiffness; being stronger makes getting around easier)."

Here is the full URL:
http://www.iacfsme.org/Portals/0/pdf/CFSandtheExcerciseConundrum.pdf

So I would like to rename this post "What Can You Do Today?"

BTW, what I was able to do was get up early and leave the house before 7AM [Eek!] to get my MIL to a hospital an hour away for a test. Then we had breakfast and a Walmart trip for groceries. I am not sure what else I will accomplish today but that took a good bit of my energy.

Aklnwlf, your snow time sounded fun! Miss Pris loves to catch and chase snow balls. She also picks up ice chunks the size of bowling balls and tries to bring them into the house to chew on. She loves the snow.

KAM, hope this week is a better one than the ending last week!

Best to every one,
Karen

Posts: 1687 | From Maine | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daisyrlb
Member # 15686

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daisyrlb     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
kgg, what a great start for you top of the morning.

Today I am working a long shift so that is my "what I'm doing today".

I look forward to getting home and stretching out on the couch and taking it easy.

Later tonight I will do my isometric toning "stuff" (while I probably watch TV).

You all have a great week of movin, movin, movin.

Posts: 2188 | From Oklahoma | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
I like to think in terms of "Joyful Movement" but that can be taken a couple different ways with very different meanings.
-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Topaz
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 20216

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Topaz     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Today I can deal with my kids, who are home from school all week. They keep me busy.

I can also cook dinner, which I am doing right now as I type.

Feeling kind of punky and achy all this week and haven't been doing my treadmill or other exercises.

Really looking forward to dinner being done and maybe curling up with my electric blanket on the couch...

Posts: 423 | From Upstate NY | Registered: May 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kam
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 3410

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Daisy.....hoping I remember to do some leg and arm lifts while lying on the couch tonight.

Mon afternoon outing: able to do the 10 min loop in the forest...a weak, lyme like walk...but glad to be out there.

I like the name change.

I had a good outing at the grocery store this time... the brain worked and I was able to get out of the chair several times to reach things and then put that heavy basket back on my lap.

..A little weight training??

Posts: 15927 | From Became too sick to work or do household chores in 2001. | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kam
Member # 3410

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Today, I was able to take all the little trashes in the apartment and put them in the big trash then set the trash outside the door for the maintenance man.

Resting now and then hoping to get outdoors myself.

Glad I slept in my scrubs so I do not have to use precious energy to get dressed this am.

Got this article in my email. It is about exercise helps with detoxing.

NOt able to read all of the article.

http://www.drnatura.com/newsletter/articles/boost_article.html?hq_e=el&hq_m=618324&hq_l=5&hq_v=9c00d002a9

This morning I was able to take a trip to the dog park. Rosie was a happy camper and I enjoyed watching the Canadian Geese fly over and seeing familiar faces...but furry faces and human faces.

People left me alone so I was able to stay longer than usual..est 30 or 40 min outing.

The birds were chattering away in the trees too.

Thankful I did not need to scrap ice off of the car windows...noticed those parked on the side of the building had ice covered windows.

Maintenance man worked on shower while I was out. He just needs to come back to paint it and then he too will no longer be bothering me. [Smile]

[ 02-16-2010, 10:56 AM: Message edited by: kam ]

Posts: 15927 | From Became too sick to work or do household chores in 2001. | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kam
Member # 3410

Since I wanted to read this article and am not able to read it all at once, I am breaking it down and reading a little at a time.

Just in case others have the same obstacle..posting it here.

CFS and the Exercise Conundrum
Lucinda Bateman, M.D.

The key is patience--not doing too much at once and learning not to exceed the threshold that results in ``payback'' symptoms...

Today, 9 years after onset of CFS, I'm still encumbered by my illnesses and
still disabled, but muscle pain and weakness are no longer the whole of my story. I can now lift more than folded towels and a dinner setting.

I HAVE BICEPS. It has taken over 3 years to achieve ``bragging rights'' about new found muscular strength, although I am cognizant of the many gradient benefits all along the way, while doing my exercises...

At first I did not believe that the little I could do would accomplish any improvement...

Specialized exercises, done in gradients (with sufficient rest),
taking a day off in between sessions, are the secrets to my success.

I have lost 15 unwanted pounds.

look better and I feel better in some ways.

Besides adding stamina and strength, exercise has reduced my pain.

I no longer need daily pain meds.

Gardening is a new hobby, made possible by new found strength and the correct balance of activity and rest.

I do use my cane, a gel cushion and proper tools
to make it easier.

These words were written by Linda Milne, a 64-year-old patient with disabling CFS whose life
changed after she learned how to become more physically conditioned in spite of her illness.

kam
Member # 3410

Tues afternoon: 10 min loop in forest with rest half way.

it was a joy to hear the birds in the trees the first 5 min of the walk.

Second 5 min I thought I might have to direct traffic on the trail....lots of people and dogs coming out to enjoy the trail this afternoon.

kam
Member # 3410

Next paragraph...my brain was not able to take this paragraph in at this time...

One thing patients and medical providers agree on is that CFS is characterized by post exertional
malaise,

a term that often understates a ``payback'' that varies from escalation of widespread pain, to

exhaustion requiring a recovery day in bed,

to serious relapse of the entire CFS symptom complex:the

cognitive dysfunction, flu-like achiness, fatigue, low grade fevers, lymph node tenderness and

disturbed sleep patterns of weeks or months duration.

Post-exertional malaise has always been
considered a defining feature of CFS, although we are still uncertain why it occurs (Fukuda).

A recent
genomics paper clearly demonstrated a difference,

using gene array technology, between CFS patients
and controls before and after exercise (Whistler).

VanNess, et al recently produced an abstract
demonstrating inability of CFS patients to replicate VO2 (measured oxygen consumption)

in the
second of two graded cardiopulmonary exercise tests separated by only 24 hours of rest,

although
effort was identical as measured by RQ (VanNess).

This finding may be unique to CFS.

The CFS
patients had almost a 20% drop in VO2 on Day 2 compared to normal,

deconditioned controls who
achieved the same VO2 on Day 1 and Day 2 of exercise testing.

In another study, the same research
team objectively demonstrated a decline in cognitive function in 20 CFS patients 30 minutes and 24
hours after a graded cardiopulmonary exercise test compared to pre-exercise levels,

with no such
observed change in the 20 age matched deconditioned controls (VanNess, unpublished manuscript

lpkayak
Member # 5230

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lpkayak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
today i got up and out early (VERY hard for me) to get a fasting blood test done...last two times someone screwed up something so it didn't happen.

then drove two hours south into a snowstorm so i wouldn' t get snowed in up north. i have a very impt doc apt here fri and didn't want to miss it

got here 1/2 hr before snow and unloaded heavy stuff from car---but won't get it put away for awhile-probably days

sat to rest and napped...but then made a few phone calls and a really long list of impt stuff to not forget

yesterday i was able to walk the dog for a full hour and after a rest was able to pack the car with stuff .

walking the dog a few times a day has been my priority but now that moving seems like it will happen in a few weeks...i am going to have to prioritize packing.

today on my "list" i brainstormed spring stuff...like getting back into my kayak. i haven't done that alone for two years since my knees were replaced...and finding a used adult tricycle...and thinking where my perrenials will be happy at the new house...

i really have to break up all the stuff that will happen in the next month and write it down so i can forget about it or it will really overwhelm me. my early morning anxiety had been creeping back and i have had to take some meds occasionally for it

KAM- i just want to say your posts help me sooooo much. they make me feel i am ok. i could so relate to the trash...and things being easier sometimes when i am nt distracted by others

--------------------
Lyme? Its complicated. Educate yourself.

Posts: 13712 | From new england | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kam
Member # 3410

Dr. Joseph Mercola DAILYTIP: Spending time in the SUN each day, with a large portion of your skin exposed, will give you all the vitamin D you need. But only get enough exposure to turn your skin slightly pink.

....I went out yesterday in my power chair to get some sun and vitamin D.

..another lady was out and said that it would only be my hands and face that would get the vitamin D as they were the only parts of my body exposed.

..I wondered if this met I need to go nude.

Well, today's message on FB from Mercola answered that question!

Wed morning: able to get up and get out at sunrise ...walked 5 min on trail, rested and walked out. Good outing.

Excedrin helped me get there.

Kayak...caught the part about being able to walk the dog for a full hour...very cool.

And feeling normal when reading others posts...same here

kgg
Member # 5867

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kgg   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That is how I try to keep my sanity when moving, Kayak. I keep a yellow legal pad with a list and check off boxes. If I think of it, it goes on the list or my brain will never think of it again.

I hope that you are able to get some help with the moving. It is an exhausting experience.

KAM, I have my coffee you have your Excedrin. What ever works! =)

Yesterday, I was back down to the big city with the dog. Boy, I wish I had a vet nearby! When I got back I took them for a walk in the yard along the fence. And then I took a nap. [sleepy] I have been doing that a lot lately.

Posts: 1687 | From Maine | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lpkayak
Member # 5230

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lpkayak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
kgg...so where is the big city????

well-i thought i was doing pretty good when i got out at 10 to take the dog for a short walk-and then a frind was out so we sat on her porch in the sun for quite awhile talking...but since i have gotten back into the house it has been catch up. i really don't do well going out so early. the sun was so beautiful on the new snow tho.

i think the rest of the day will be vegging out and not feeling guilty about it.

--------------------

Posts: 13712 | From new england | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kam
Member # 3410

I like the part about not feeling guilty about it Kayak. [Smile]

OK where was I.

Oh yes. I drove out to the trail head but in stead walked down the driveway of the home that is being built right next to the trail head and backs up to the National Forest.

It was beautiful.....Almost ceiling to floor windows on the South side looking out on the forest.

One window is going to have the top of a large boulder as part of the view. You can almost step out on to the boulder now.

It is a long house and has several levels as it goes up the side of the hill.

I liked all the large beams too.

it is still in the rough...but what I saw so far, I really like.

Two deckings. One on the south side of the house and one on the back of the house.

One window kind of bothers me. It is too high to see out of and is long and short...going across the side wall of the North side.

But, it is also built along side of the hill there so assuming that is for safety reasons.

I walked from my apartment to the car, est I was on my feet for 10 min exploring the house including several levels of stairways...short ones, then walked into the post office and walked back into my apartment.

it was not until I was getting close to my apartment door that I realized I had an outing just about like a normal person. [Smile]

body does not feel normal now. It is exhausted. I will need to rest a bit before fixing something to eat for dinner....something simple.

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey gang!! Good title, kgg!! But might i suggest that you keep the word "exercise" up there too?

That way new people will know what this thread is about. It's about moving and keeping moving...right?? kinda?? [Razz]

I didn't get to exercise on Monday.. but made it out today. Did the mile and other exercises too.

I may start going to another exercise class on Tues and Thurs... gotta move more than I currently am!!

Have a great remainder of the week, everyone!! [hi]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kam
Member # 3410

-
kam
Member # 3410

Thursday: Hoping to make it to water therapy this am and remember to use the shoes this time.

Wishing I had a new speedo swimsuit to put on instead of the speedo swim suit I have had since the 70's that has been stretched from size 8 to size 18.

amazing how long that swim suit has lasted...must admit it is pretty thread bare.

kam
Member # 3410

TuTu...glad to hear you were able to do your mile plus yesterday.

Made it to water therapy. 10 min in pool. 10 min taking a shower and getting dressed. I am down for the count now.

Found it interesting that I tried some new exercises and the brain really struggled and I felt sick.

I know with time, my brain will adjust...at least I think so.

Simple exercise...used the round float thing to push down in the water with my arms.

I also rolled the cover off of the pool today rotating my arms when they got fatigued....good thing it is a very small pool.

merrygirl
Member # 12041

Icon 1 posted      Profile for merrygirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had aqua therapy today. IT felt fine in the pool, muscles were a little fatigued feeling. after i got out my neck hurt. I was in the pool 1 hour

a few hours later and I am in so much pain, my muscles burn!! holey moley!

hope its not always like this.

Posts: 3905 | From USA | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kam
Member # 3410

Melissa...I am only doing about 10 min in the pool.

but, that is about my limit for most things on a good day that take multi tasking.

it is tricky finding what will work for you.

I still am not able to make it once a week for 10 min.

Looks like you will be down for awhile. I hope it is short and you recover quickly.

I over did it today during pool time too because I took a shower afterwards which I usually can't do.

I saw an article about how marijuana helps with pain...I do think if I had some tonight i would use it.

the study said it did not take much at all to help.

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's a LONG time, Melissa!! Hope the pain lets up!!

I did too much house cleaning Monday and I'm just now getting over that!! Pain is not fun!!!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kam
Member # 3410

Dog Park est 20 min

Carried bag of dog food to power chair from car. (2nd or 3rd time I have done this.

Hoping I will not do it again. Need to bring power chair out to car and put dog food on lap let power chair carry it in.

Day has begun...what will I be able to do today??

merrygirl
Member # 12041

Icon 1 posted      Profile for merrygirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
well woke up, not in too much pain thank goodness. I promised the kids
I would take them to the mall for lunch and a toy.I also have a giftcertificate and an awesome coupon for my fav clothing store. trying to get motivated.

good job everyone.

Posts: 3905 | From USA | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
METALLlC BLUE
Member # 6628

Icon 1 posted      Profile for METALLlC BLUE     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't do much. I ride a stationary bike for about 40-60mins at a moderate pace. It's not really hard except for that last 10-20 mins, then it gets tiring.

I don't exercise my upper body and I don't stretch. Those two things never helped me since I tighten right back up about 5-10 mins after I cool down. Also, strength training doesn't seem to help much either. I get stronger, but at the expense of feeling like **** while doing the training. Plus it just pumps my cortisol levels up.

Lighter weights is probably equal to what I already do when washing dishes, or washing myself, and picking up things by hand during the day.

I would really like a much better routine but I'm just not ready for more than the bare minimum, so I stick with the stationary bike.

--------------------
I am not a physician, so do your own research to confirm any ideas given and then speak with a health care provider you trust.

E-mail: [email protected]

Posts: 4157 | From Western Massachusetts | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kam
Member # 3410

Melissa...sounds like you made a quick recovery. This is good. and your day sounds like fun too.

Blue..when I first came down sick I was surprised that I could handle the stationary bike at the physical therapy place best.

I would need to crawl in the house from the car after-wards...hadn't figured things out at that point. didn't have a dx then either.

But, brain wise the task needed for the bike was not a problem.

Sounds like you have figured things out fairly well.

aklnwlf
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 5960

Icon 6 posted      Profile for aklnwlf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tuesday-Me and Rocky 1 mile.

Thursday-Me and Rocky 1 mile.

Liked the comment about 'joyful movement'. I still get amazed that I'm able to walk and workout now.

Might start working out again after I clear it with my doc next week. Back injury is better and Rocky's paw is getting better too.

See you all later!

[hi]

--------------------
Do not take this as medical advice. This comment is based on opinion and personal experience only.

Alaska Lone Wolf

Posts: 6147 | From Columbus, GA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kam
Member # 3410

Good to hear it Wolfie
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Way to go, AK!!!!

I walked my mile and halfway through I had pain in my left leg... sciatic side.

I stretched it out and kept going, thinking all was well. UGH.. now I'm paying for it. Just hoping I can sleep tonight.

My heart rate and BP were up today.. very weird. BP is usually way too low. Guess I'd better go check it again. See what's going on.

Hope everyone else is doing well today!!! [hi]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

kam
Member # 3410

Ugg..sure hope it goes away soon TuTu
kgg
Member # 5867

Sorry for being MIA. I have been doing one appointment after another or resting.

Kayak, Bangor is the big city. I am north of there. I am going there again today. I used to love driving, now not so much.

Blue, I keep thinking I need to get on our exercise bike. My problem is that I need to keep my heart rate from rising. If I go into aerobic, I crash the next day. Kudos on finding your level and sticking with it!

Merrygirl, one hour in the pool sounds wonderful. So glad that the payback wasn't too much.

Lymetoo, sorry to hear about that sciatica. Hope it resolves soon and you were able to sleep last night.

KAM, glad to see you made it to water therapy. And Rosie must have been happy to go to the dog park.

Aklnwlf, so glad to hear that you and Rocky are doing better. Be careful not to go to fast on the exercises when you restart.

Have a good Saturday ever one!

kam
Member # 3410

Karen...hoping your weekend is restful and next week has no appointments.
kam
Member # 3410

Sat morning: able to do the 10 min loop in the forest with break half way

Able to empty the dishwasher

(slept in scrubs last night so I think it helped me be able to do a bit more this am than usual..who knows)

lpkayak
Member # 5230

can't remember last time i posted. yesterday drove to doc and found out i don't need hip replacement (yea!)

but did really hurt something---can't remember what but it was easy to dx so i am starting PT

also-gonna have a new stress echo done...fun, fun, fun...

and theres a few more appts on the calendar with specialists to check out other stuff. i thought i was just gonna ride now---no more docs. just fun and getting healthy. that didn't last long.

the closing is 11 days away-but i don't have that good of a feeling about it. i want to be in that ONE STORY HOUSE where i can just LET KRIS OUT IN THE FENCED IN YARD without getting dressed...but i don't know. i just keep writing checks and watching my bank balance go down and i'm afraid this isn't gonna go thru for some reason.

i'm having a lot of palps, and arm and jaw pain and i'm really fat and my choles #s came back really high and i'm afraid of statins....and i am basically freaking out.

my back has been in spasms all day cuz i thought i would relax last night and watch a movie with a friend...but without my special veg out chair i ended up with spams...

so not so much exercise. 2 or 3 walks around the yard-a little sitting in the sun while kris wandered the yard-but no real walk

i did make a bunch of impt phone calls and sent off an email asking the realtor and mortgage guy and my daughter to help keep me on track cuz i'm losing it.

its like the holidays. i just have to say to myself : "in 2 weeks this will all be over..." i hope it is. and i don't end up in the hosp or something. keep your fingers crossed for me.

--------------------

merrygirl
Member # 12041

hope everyone is doing well lpkayak- i will say a little prayer for you!

KAM glad you were a little better today

still sore from my pool therapy but was able to tidy the kitchen.

kam
Member # 3410

Melissa, Glad you were able to tidy up the kitchen. This is good and takes multi tasking and movement.

Kayak...saying prayers for you too. Take care of you right now. Breath in. Breath out. Wow. You have a lot on your plate.

Sat evening: able to walk from apartment to car, and then do the 10 min loop in the rain in the forest.

wondering if I will be able to get the crock pot meal going. I tried this morning and wasn't able to do it.

If not tonight..perhaps tomorrow.

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Icon 6 posted      Profile for aklnwlf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ran some errands today and got trapped and distracted in Target and World Market.

So many nice things to see, especially in World Market.

Couldn't get out of there without buying items for an Indian dinner and a jar of pesto.

See you all later!

[hi]

--------------------
Do not take this as medical advice. This comment is based on opinion and personal experience only.

Alaska Lone Wolf

Posts: 6147 | From Columbus, GA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Hey there, everybody! I slept OK but have pain today yet. It's not too bad.

BP and heart rate is better.

kayak... To get the cholesterol down, take 4000 mg of omega 3's and also Red Yeast Rice 600mg .. 4 a day. Add in Vitamin E .. 800mg and you're good to go!! Dropped mine over 100 points in no time.

Keep us posted on your house you're going to get! [Cool]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

lpkayak
Member # 5230

thanks tutu...but i already take 6000 fish oil and 1000 flax

i recently added 400 E a day-si i will double that

for years i took red yeast rice and it didn't do any good

i COULD go back on it-but since it didn't really help i don't know if i should

my primary and heart doc get me so scared...but two lyme docs tell me the numbers are high but when you do the formula its ok and my c-reactive protein and one other thing were ok too

the primary has me so scared i started taking 20 mg lipitor that was prescribed 3 yrs ago

did i tell you guys about my friend who was put on lipitor 10 yrs ago and now she has a terminal liver disease. they didn't tell her about coq10. i did-but you have to be careful with coq10 with high BP and diabetes and blood thinners and she has some of those problems so i don't know if she can take it or not

its all soooooooooooooo complicated.

i will up the E and think about going back on red yeast. maybe it did do something...just not enough to keep me from being high. high is relative tho i think.

thanks. night all.

--------------------

kam
Member # 3410

Sun morning: 10 min loop on forest trail in slight rain. Creeks are bit more fuller. Need boots that are not so difficult to walk in, can wade through creeks in and keep my feet warm and dry.

So nice to have the coat that keeps me warm and dry and the gloves. This winter has been so much better because of them.

Sunday evening: good outing...walked from apartment car. the campground nature trail I like to walk at times was opened so did that loop. Not sure how long I was on my feet..may have been 30 min.

Had a bit of anxiety at one point..rain was coming down faster and harder, couldnt' see Rosie and wasn't sure if I was heading the right way back to the car...and I was getting at that point where I either need to lay down..which was not an option at this point.

Rosie came running back with a bone in her mouth..Ah HA that is why she disappeared.

Turned the corner and knew where I was and about how much further I needed to go.

CAme home and someone was parked in my reserved handicap parking.

Found out who it was...asked a person to have them move. They refused.

I got mad and the adrenaline was just enough to get me to their apartment which was right inside the door.

he still refused. I had trouble being on my feet and explaining to him needed to move and he kept saying he did not need to move or he would move later.

He finally moved his car but by then I had no strength or brain power left.

So, Laid down in my car. Manager came by and asked how she could help. Asked her to get my power chair.

She came back and said she couldn't figure out how to drive it.

I smelled alcohol on her breath big time and noticed she was not functioning too well either...new manager. Oh great.

Asked her to buckle rosies harness..she was too out of it to buckle that..

Rested and then finished putting Rosie's harness on and slid my feet to my apartment with Rosie's help.

What was a good outing turned out to be too much once again when I got home and had to get back in the house.

I would say a lift on the back of the car for the power chair would help...but I would not have taken it on this trip.

I thought I was doing fine...It will be awhile before i am doing fine now.

Dam Dam Dam

Blood flow or oxygen or something is not getting to my brain when I am on my feet and trying to talk.

I also was really weak and had trouble with the legs getting me back to the apartment due to not only weakness but also due to the brain not talking to the legs.

Just typing this out as trying to figure things out as I was not functioning high enough to do so while it was happening.

All I could say to the manager and the new tenant is we need more handicap parking.

There is only one by the front door...not good.

[ 02-21-2010, 06:45 PM: Message edited by: kam ]

kam
Member # 3410

PS I also saw one of the tenants had gotten into an accident in her car. I think all were OK..I just noticed the police and the fire department person explaining what happened as it happened right in front of the fire department..

And the corner of her van not looking to good..not so much as a dent but more of a clipping and the bumper getting pulled off.

So, my challenge was not so bad..I think she has bigger problems now. I am sure her car is not insured for that...so don't know if she will be able to drive it now.

Lymetoo
Member # 743

kayak.. the vitamin E (800) took me by surprise. It upped my HDL and lowered the LDL. I can't remember by how much... I had already dropped some points with the omega 3's ..

I think the E lowered the overall by about 40+ points.

The combo I gave you lowered my husband's by over a 100 points. I need to get him some Vit E too .. as his overall is still around 220, I think. His was really high.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

TuTu-Glad you're doing better and thanks for the info on lowering your cholesterol. Mine's high and so is the hubby's.

Kam- [Mad] Reading about your inconsiderate neighbor really 'ticked' me off! Next time call the cops. I had crappy neighbors in AK that would park in my two spots and I called the landlord and when that didn't help I called the cops. That worked.

Kayak-Hope you can get the cholesterol lowered.

See you all next week!

[hi]

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

kam
Member # 3410

Still trying to recover from that.

A few things I thought about is:

1. they need to mark the site better..they have a reserved parking sign and a handicap sign but they need to make it clear it is reserved for my apartment number.

2. I don't think the new manager is even aware of what it means when it says reserved.

3. it was a new tenant and I can see how he made the mistake.

It is the older ones that **** me off as they know.

And it is a good thing I did not have a cell phone on me or I would have called to have his car towed off...I was ****ed...but more because it is happening a lot lately ..not so much at that one guy.

The people that lived near the spot would chase people away for me when they parked there.

They have moved on.

I am still trying to recover....still having trouble breathing and the weakness..most likely more because I over did it on the trail today plus the added problem of getting in the door.

I was at my limit when I pulled into the parking lot.

lpkayak
Member # 5230

kam-i know what that is like. i hate that feeling. you said this:

"Blood flow or oxygen or something is not getting to my brain when I am on my feet and trying to talk."

thats exactly how i feel when up too long and esp in big stores. it was so hard when i was raising the kids...i knew i had to make decisions and say stuff (give orders...ha ha) but it was so hard to get it together once my energy was gone...

its much easier now that it it is just me and kris but like you i still overdo...sometimes its my fault-i just don't want to stop doing something that is going well and sometimes its stuff like the parking space...no scooters at the store or a flat tire and waiting for the tow truck...not in the plan

tutu-i reallly hope upping the E works. that will be a really easy fix. thanks again.

--------------------

kam
Member # 3410

It is 6 am and the tram is coming to pick me up at 7:45 to get groceries via my power chair.

I am still undone..took 2 excedrin and hoping it will help me get the job done. If not, I will call and cancel today's pick up.

K...I had forgotten about those years of parenting and working and knowing something was not right.

Glad to hear that you too have the oxygen/blood flow thing going too...woke up this morning wondering if there is something the doctor's are missing the past 9 years when it hit hard and fast.

Especially since others at work had the same symptoms. One was treated for valley fever and then told it was CFS when she did not improve.

Even the back to work person at work told me to file for workmen's comp as they had an outbreak of valley fever at work the same time I got sick.

All are able to do much more than I am although not able to work any more.

I can't use the scooters in the stores.....glad they work out for you. I have to being doing really well to use a scooter and then I can only get one thing and need to get out of the store.

Still upset that it doesn't take much at all to tip over the apple cart.

Glad I had that short time on the trail of feeling almost normal.

Wondering how long it is going to take for me to recover.

I guess this is a lesson and reminder for all of us to try and stay within our limits even during those times we think we can do more than we can....or at least have a back up plan in place.

Lymetoo
Member # 743

kam... Sorry i didn't read many responses yesterday.. was in a hurry.

Just stppped by to say that I support you and am sending hugs your way!!!

I hope they get your parking spot marked very clearly.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

kam
Member # 3410

Thanks TuTu....

Had a new bus driver today for my trip to the grocery store.

He could not figure out how to use the lift. Had to call the senior center and have someone come show him again.

he then did not close the doors correctly so they came open as we were driving down the road.

I told him they were open and he said they were not. I told him again and then he pulled over.

On the way back, I felt the van swerve twice ....looked up and he was trying to read who he was supposed to pick up next...

This was on the main 4 lane highway.

....I think we should have lyme brain pins to give out!

..I also was wishing I had a way to transport my power chair myself too at that point. Sheesh.

..I also had to tell him he needed to park differently so he would have room to lower the lift.

..And to put the hand break on because the lift will not work unless the break is on for the vehicle.

And when we got to the store, he opened the doors for Rosie and just told her to get out.

I was not able to get to her because there was a beam in the way.

Thankfully, she did not run off and walked towards me and was just as confused as I was.

She does not like going down the step steps with her leash...as she can trip easily. So, I usually hold it for her or the driver holds it for her.

She also has on a gentle leader so it is a bit like having a weight around her nose too.

Some days the lack of independence gets to me more than other days.

I started the morning wondering if I should just cancel the pick up or give it a try as I was not doing well to begin with.

I really missed having a garage today too with a garage door opening. Not sure why. had something to do with being outdoors in the snow and rain waiting for the new driver to figure out how to load me in the power chair.

I cut the grocery store trip short. I think I have enough food for the week. AT least whatever I could get in about 15 min for the week.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement