LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » Exercise: What can you do today? 5/31-6/6

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Exercise: What can you do today? 5/31-6/6
kgg
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 5867

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kgg   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Memorial Day. To all of those who have lost loved ones in the line of duty, I thank you and yours. The freedom and liberty they serve to preserve is not taken for granted in our home. May you be comforted in your loss.

What can you do today? We, here, do not give in to this disease. We attempt to keep going. We are all at different levels of functioning. We record here what we can accomplish. We celebrate the victories, however small or large. And encourage each other when we have a set back.

We count activities of daily living because that is using our bodies. We also have some that are able to actually have an aerobic exercise routine. Wouldn't I love to be one of them!

So please join us in not giving in, but keep on keeping on.

What can you do today?

Karen

Posts: 1685 | From Maine | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kam
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 3410

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Monday. Memorial Day. Saw something on TV yesterday while channel surfing. It was about lighting a candle for all those who died during one of the biggest civil war battles.

A field of candles on the field they died. Wow.

And saw a part of a program about a guy who has started Bugles across America (not sure I have the correct title) in order for fallen soldiers to have taps played at their funerals instead of using a boom box to play taps due to lack of enough people to do so.

Hoping to be able to do something today even if it is just making sure I have 3 meals and take meds and supplements.

I was pretty low functioning yesterday...nothing like I use to be but not able to fix something to eat nor did I have stuff around here to eat that did not require fixing....

woke up with that hang over like head stuff but took 2 excedrin and took Rosie outside to toilet via soft power chair. The coolness of the morning air seemed to help.

Able to have breakfast and take meds and supplements this am.

Then drove Rosie to the dog park. Too many dogs and too much activity at the dog park so did not stay long.

Had that walking on a rocky boat feeling when trying to walk into dog park this am and out.

but, thankful I was able to get out of house for a short bit.

4:45 pm Able to make some sort of throw things in the skillet and heat it up meal which turned out to be a treat to my stomach and taste buds.

Watered 7 potted plants via my feet so exhausted now.

And able to clean up in the kitchen a bit via the power chair.

Doing better today than yesterday.

Able to vacuum and then clean out the filters in the vacuum. Brain and vision were working well enough to figure things out. Got the vacuum used at at thrift shop.

it has a smell I don't like. Haven't been able to figure that one out yet.

Amazed at what vacuums pick up. Before lyme and company, i had purchased vacuums with a bag that you just needed to dump so never did see what was inside the vacuum.

[ 05-31-2010, 09:03 PM: Message edited by: kam ]

Posts: 15927 | From Became too sick to work or do household chores in 2001. | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was so happy to see that about Bugles Across America. It IS so much better to have a real bugler doing taps. I've been to a service of each... the recorded thing was pitiful.

I think the fake bugles are at least one step better than the recorded boom box ones. UGH! What a disgrace!

My father was a WWII Veteran and he got the real deal. He also had a group of about 6 men who gave a memorized speech about the flag, etc. It was wonderful and so very much appreciated by our family. We wrote them a thank you note. Dad also got a gun salute. We each got to have a shell from the firing of the guns.

Thank you Dad, and all Veterans. [group hug]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daisyrlb
Member # 15686

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daisyrlb     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Blessings to each of you on this Memorial Day.

I am sitting across from Tinker Air Force Base outdoors with my hubby at Starbucks listening to "God Bless the USA" by Lee Greenwood.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-9_fDEsv-Q

It's been such an emotional day for me. Freedom is not free.

I thank my Dad-served over 30 years Navy, my two brothers-one Navy in Vietnam, other retired Army over 20 years (3 "tours" in Iraq), two uncles - WWII other Vietnam.

It is amazing that people are willing to give their lives, and do, to serve their country, our country, to give us the freedoms we enjoy.

May God comfort all the families who lost loved ones and protect and bless those now serving in our armed forces around the world and at home.

What can I do? Today get out and about with me hubby. Tonight I'm exercising at home.

Posts: 2188 | From Oklahoma | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kam
Member # 3410

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Daisy...thanks for posting that video. I posted it on FB.
Posts: 15927 | From Became too sick to work or do household chores in 2001. | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Was Lee Greenwood there live?? I thought he was performing here today...seriously. ( or was that yesterday? ) [Cool]

I heard him sing God Bless the USA on the radio when I went to Wal Mart today. I stayed in the car and sang along until it was finished. It made me cry!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kam
Member # 3410

LOL....wow...Lee Greenwood in my neck of the woods. How cool would that be!

Now, in your neck of the woods....that is something to be expected TuTu. [Smile]

My childhood husband fought in the Viet Nam War. He got hooked on drugs and alcohol while there and only came down after he literately hit the ground while going at high speeds on his new Sportster. In coma months before dying. (Before CA state passed law saying you must wear a helmet)

Damn! Ouch! I had a co worker Viet Nam Vet tell me they lost a lot of people after they came home from that war due to being hooked on drugs while over there.

Tuesday am: able to take a sit down shower and get Rosie out to toilet via the power chair.

Took 2 excedrin and hoping to be able to do more this am after excedrin kicks in.

Hoping to be able to put vacuum back together and get groceries via driving there and using the electric cart.

6 more boxes to go in front of the book shelves. Then I will be able to get to the bookshelves to clear them up as I have been using them to set things on.

So, hoping by next week I will be able to use the energy I have been using to unpack to get back on the trail. [Smile]

lpkayak
Member # 5230

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lpkayak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
gee-where is everyone? it was prettty hot for me all weekend and i spent it going back and forth to the storage and trying to get unpacked. i'm making progress but have a ways to go.

i've been meeting ppl and hearing stories and starting to think maybe i made a mistake. AND i have dealt with 5 ticks in the last month...grrrrrr.

i'm really looking forward to seeing some nj lymies at the thing tomorrow night in wall. i find the ppl i run into here know about lyme and think they are lyme literate but they really have bad information.

i'vemanaged to get in a few walks everyday-neve longer than a half hour tho. my back is really hurting from the lifting and long car ride.

well happy summer all! summers a good thing in maine! is a little hot here for me.

--------------------
Lyme? Its complicated. Educate yourself.

Posts: 13712 | From new england | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Kam.. it is so cool that you are able to shower sitting down now and can get groceries more easily too! That's wonderful! [Smile]

kayak... I hope the tick thing will be OK... praying for that! Guess you'll have to do lots of tick checks and keep a supply of repellant on hand.

Yes, summers are HOT for many of us. We may hit 90 soon. UGH. Could be worse...it's already hit 100 in South Texas.

No exercise for me on Monday since they were closed, but I did some shopping and worked around the house quite a bit.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

kgg
Member # 5867

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kgg   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I could not get on site yesterday. It kept coming up with an error message. It was a low energy day for me and a rainy one too. Good excuse to slow down.

Today I have lots of outside chores to do plus inside ones. My MIL came home yesterday with her car loaded up with things from the house she just sold. So I will be unloading the car today. Plus garden weeding and the last of the planting.

I have pictures of what I have been doing but I have no idea how to post a photo. Anyone able to explain it to me? Otherwise I can email them. Lymetoo, I forgot to contact you to see the blue bonnets so I will PM you now.

Have a good day every one! [hi]
Karen

Posts: 1685 | From Maine | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kam
Member # 3410

Karen..praying you have the strength to unload the car and do not have a set back.

I don't know how to post pictures but looking forward to learning how.

Hit a wall this am. Could be due to the 2 months of packing for the move, moving and then unpacking....or could just be a wall.

Hoping it will go away soon.

I know I have been able to do more than usual the past 2 months.

We are getting into the 90's on Friday...close to the 90's today and tomorrow.

Could be the heat too slowing me down to a stop.

STill looking forward to putting my swim suit on and sitting in a creek...right now don't have what it takes to drive the 10 min to the creek and walk the 5 min in. but, perhaps next week....after the weekend...so many people come up here from the valley on the weekends....too many.

I really would like to have what it takes to just sit and watch them drive by one of these weekends so I can look at all the RV's.

Before coming down sick I was looking at getting a truck to pull an RV or pop up or ?

I had decided that loading and unloading for tent camping was beginning to be too much.

So, thought if I had just had something I only needed to put refrigerated goods in...well...that would be do able.

Still have that dream. I miss seeing the stars.

kam
Member # 3410

Karen, I got the error message too yesterday.

kayak...let me know if you find out what to do about the tick thing...seems like I read something in one of the lyme books about taking something daily if you are in a tick area

kam
Member # 3410

Ok Able to clean up in kitchen a bit after taking excedrin, but that looks like it for now? today?
lpkayak
Member # 5230

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lpkayak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
kam-you said: Hit a wall this am. Could be due to the 2 months of packing for the move, moving and then unpacking....or could just be a wall.

i know it will be coming for me. its always been like that. some how i tuff it thru the hard stuff and then i crash.

i thought i was gonna lose it last night. the reality of living with so many ticks and also the chemicals here..and the driving and so many summer ppl...

i just lied in bed and shook. scared. had to do some self-talk and make a plan. i made a list of the good things-like the ocean breeze and a really nice place i found to walk the dog. its around a lake but so close to the oean you really feel the breeze and smell the salt. it has a really flat paved walkway for me and lots of grass for kris and many benches all the way around so i am not afraid to keep going.

i finally slept and got up early and had a nice talk with someone living here. things seem a little better.

i found the grocery store and took kris on one walk. soon we'll do another before i get ready to go see dr B!!!!

--------------------

Posts: 13712 | From new england | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MDW005
Member # 22706

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MDW005     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi everyone...I will get caught up on what all of you have been doing.

Sorry I fell behind. I have been so busy taking care of dogs and working on my neighbors yard while she has been out of town, she gave a big list of please do's.

Last night I went to the Braves baseball game...
lyme and ball games don't mix well... sensory overload. BIG mistake. It was one of those must go company functions. and of course it did not end till midnight. The one thing that did help, was company box seats.
If I attend another function I will need ear plugs...The noise was so over whelming. WARNING DO NOT ATTEMPT. LOL (not really funny).

I need to rest now.
Diane

--------------------
God's promises mean you always have something wonderful to look forward to.

Posts: 2150 | From Georgia | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kam
Member # 3410

Kayak....glad you are doing better today. And glad you focused on what the positives are with living there.

I really liked the place you are able to walk. Sounds perfect.

Diane...quiet time is good. [Smile]

merrygirl
Member # 12041

Icon 1 posted      Profile for merrygirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
went to NH for the weekend. 2.5 hour drive one way. It was a little hard. with 2 kids and 2 dogs. On the way harm was worse, because I almost dozed off. swerved into next lane, so pulled over and let hubby drive.

He is a scarey driver. I guess my driving was a bit scarey too.

I think I was so drowsy from not having my cpap machine to use the night before. I didnt take any meds on purpose.

I have to go see LLMD tomorrow that is another 2.5 hour drive each way, likely by myself.

I will be better rested and will pull over at any signs of being tired.

There was one person at our house who had a nymph on him. EVeryone secretly freaked and did tick checks on my children before they told me about it. Luckily no other ticks were found.

needless to say I was doing tick checks on everyones head.

YUCK

I also have been having severe swelling in my feet and ankles and legs. I went to PCP a few hours ago and he gave me a diuretic.

My pain doc gave me a new medicine called meloxicam to take as needed during the week, like 1-3 times a week for pain. it is a strong NSAID. IT is amazing, but not particularly good for your liver, hence why I am taking it sporadically. It also can cause edema.
so if you have pain that may be a good medicine.

KAM-

you can sprinkle baking soda on the rug and vaccum it up. that way it may help the smell of your vaccum cleaner. I would use half a box. It wont hurt your rugs either.

Not feeling to well-

Have a good day

Posts: 3905 | From USA | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Hey gang. I hope all of you are feeling better soon! So many things happening!! People moving, people finding ticks... sigh....

Diane... I'm sorry you couldn't really enjoy the game! Get some rest!

I walked 40 laps, did 10 minutes on the new machine (woohoo), 3 min on arm cranks, and weights.

Came home and ate too much.... [Wink]

Karen.. hope you got the emails with pretty bluebonnets!!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

kam
Member # 3410

Good to read what others are doing. Thanks for the baking soda idea.

Took a sit down shower tonight and have clean sheets to sleep in as housekeeper from the county was here for an hour today. All went well. New person who works well with my brain. She only asked me a few questions and got right in and did the work..working independently.

She also did more than the other gal who was coming. I hope I have her awhile. they change people frequently.

Able to do the 10 min loop in the forest this evening. 5 min, rest on a log and then 5 min out.

Had difficulty getting Rosie back in the car...she was not ready yet...so did the thing where she runs in front of the car as I drive or beside it.

When she got home she still had energy...attacked her bed again and then my down pillow..thankfully I got the pillow away from her before she torn it open.

I really needed to be out on the trail. So glad I was able to this evening. Had the pressue in my head until after 4 or so but it is gone now. Hurray!

Felt like I was going to throw up as I was driving to the trial head....but it passed. Thankfully.

I know you will be careful Melissa in your travels. Glad you are getting rest.

Good to hear you are able to move the body too TuTu.

Tomorrow, I have water therapy for the first time in 2 months. Looking froward to it.

kgg
Member # 5867

Yesterday we had a bad air day. I did not think it would affect me. But digging 4 holes for some perennials felt like I was digging a foundation for a house. I also did some weeding and raking at the front door on our gravel driveway so we won't turn an ankle. I slept hard last night.

It is raining today so it will be all inside chores like vacuuming, rearranging and organizing.

LPKayak, check out a product called Repel. You spray it on your clothes and it repels and kills ticks. I spray it on my garden clothes. Not cheap but the peace of mind is nice. You are in a wonderful spot but everything is new and a move is stressful. Good job focusing on the positive!

Lymetoo, 10 minutes!! Woo Hoo! Good job! Thanks for the pics. Yes, they would make me homesick too!

Diane, you are a wonderful neighbor! Mine would do nada for us if we went away. Sorry the game was overwhelming. That makes for a very long evening. Hope you can recover quickly.

Melissa, please be careful driving. I hope the trip goes well for you and the appointment is productive. Sounds like you need one of those ear alarms that beeps if you nod off while driving. I always wanted to get one for my father. He was notorious for doing that.

KAM, enjoy the water therapy today. Don't I wish I had one nearby. The closest I come is my bathtub!

Have a good day, every one!
Karen

aklnwlf
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 5960

Icon 6 posted      Profile for aklnwlf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thursday-3 hours of grass cutting! [Eek!]

Wiped out!

Am chilling out now and on my 3rd beer and am NOT cooking dinner.

Might have to be Mickey D's for dinner.

Going to Atlanta on Saturday for a group picnic.

Will let you all know how it goes.

See you all over the weekend!

[hi]

--------------------
Do not take this as medical advice. This comment is based on opinion and personal experience only.

Alaska Lone Wolf

Posts: 6138 | From Columbus, GA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MDW005
Member # 22706

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MDW005     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
kgg... I can understand about air quality. Sometimes it feels so heavy and then humidity on top of that,Wow. I could take a salt bath in all the sweat. My make up winds up in my eyeballs and I can't see. I hope you are doing better.

aklnwlf... I giving you a long wave and welcome to Atlanta, I live about 20 min. from down town.
Hope you enjoy the pretty city.
You must have alot of land for mowing 3 hrs.
20min. would wipe me out.

Kam... how was water therapy?

Lymetoo... I see you are back at your arm cranks,
good for you.

Me... Just kinda took it easy after begining the week with a bang at the starting gate. Took boys
to the dentist.

Diane

--------------------

Posts: 2150 | From Georgia | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kam
Member # 3410

Karen...glad you were able to get those holes dug. Sorry it was so tough.

Tutu...10 min arm cranks? Got to go back and reread your post so I can make sense of things.

Akinwolf..glad you got the lawn mowed. Big job.

I recall Diane taking the boys to the DDS..but know i am missing something or someone.

I was swimming at that reef in the Bahama's for a moment in my mind while during water therapy this am.

Since the insurance is paying for a few sessions paper work was involved this time.

Jared (PT guy) had me walk a certain amount of paces twice..going around a ball once.

Timing was involved the second time but my focus was just hoping the brain would be talking to the legs and the weakness would not be an obstacle.

A bit of questiong and answering of which I don't know if I was really answering the questions or not as the brain was not working like I would have liked it to.

The doing a thing where I put my arms across my chest and stood up from the chair I was sitting in with timing involved with that. I was able to stand upright from the chair 6 times in whatever the time limit was. That went well. Surprised me actually as getting up from a seating position is tricky for me most of the time.

Then I laid down on one of the tables and rested before going to the water therapy pool.

Not sure how long I was in the pool as the PT guy was there too. Hard for the brain to tell parts of the body to move and also take in that someone else is in the room...not sure why..but do know that is why I pretty much stay to myself.

I have tried taking people with me on my outings but it just wears me out too much unless my level of health is higher than lyme normal for me.

Able to do some of the bicycle ...kind of like treading water but no arms in the pool, some of the step up exercise alternating legs...that was a tough one for me this time.

it hadn't been that tough in a long time but figured it was because I did the land session before.

Did the arm thing....pushing the tube back and forth with my arms.

had to float on my back to recover several times.

Then did the side stroke..can only get about 2 or 3 strokes in with the small pool.

And then did the breast stroke I think...est 2 lengths of the pool so 6 strokes.

I was suprised I did not have trouble getting dressed after that.

Since PT place is across the street I took upright pc to pt today and back.

had considered driving and then walking in but glad I did not now. I think I can handle the walking in oK..it is the walking out after doing the exercises that is the unknown and usually will not be do able.

Arms are getting too weak as I am typing this even though I am laying down and my body is supporting them.

bottom line is it was good to be back in the pool.

I need to call and make appointments when I am able for the next sessions. not sure what to expect.

Hoping that I can just do my thing like I was before insurance got involved unless Jared has something else in mind.

he did mention some home exercises which would be good.

Able to go to post office after water therapy. The warmth of the sun felt good.

Enjoyed feeling the warmth of the sun coming through the window this am too at the apartment.

Something I did not have at the old place.

Always in the shade there.

Finally able to pick up a change of address card from the post office people. Body and brain had not been working well enough to get in line with my power chair until now.

Came home and fell asleep while watching tV. Guessing I slept from 10 ish am to 12:30 ish pm.

Not surprised. I usually nod off after water therapy sessions...but not usually that long.

Good to be back in the pool.

kam
Member # 3410

Thur evening....took Rosie out to the ballpark for her evening exercise.

I walked around the diamond. Good to be on grass. Don't see much of that around here.

lpkayak
Member # 5230

well-this was quite a day. i was up late at the lyme forum last night and exhausted from it this morning.

my plan today was to walk 2 times before nasty storms were supposed to come thru but the day got out of hand.

i had a chance to get money back from a creepy guy who owed it to me..i've been fighting for it fr 4-5 weeks. so it was important to get it cashed right away and stuff and i did it---one thing done.

ended up with 2 fifteen min walks and one nice 30 min walk

storms never came but it was still 86 at 9pm

now i'm ready for bed an will go look at houses tomorrow with a realtor.

we had bad air here yesterday but it doenst happen in maine very often does it kgg?

--------------------

MDW005
Member # 22706

My 29 year old daughter had me up early this am.

Off to Home Depot to get flowers and mulch before it got to hot to plant for my neighbor.

It does not take much for me to sweat and then get a big fat headache. Well we are finally finished with the neighbors yard. She comes home tomorrow and I need to pick her up from the airport.

I'm going to go cool off now... Can't seem to stop sweating.
Think I will go jump in the pool, then put my face on again!

Diane

--------------------

lpkayak
Member # 5230

so far 2 sort walks and looked at 6 houses n two towns.

leaving now for long wlk. the wind is off the water now and cool...

--------------------

kgg
Member # 5867

Yesterday, I did an hour of weeding in my peas. It seemed that I ran a lot of errands. Not really what I wanted to do. Today, we are cleaning the garage so we can finally get the cars in.

I find my level of energy waning. I think it is yeast related but not totally sure. All I know is I don't like it!

LPKayak, we only looked at 5 houses a day in Arizona. After 5 they all blended in our memories. Of course, they build houses out there that are all alike, not like on the East coast. So they did blend after a while. Your walk with the wind off the water sounds nice.

And no, we don't get many bad air days up here. At least not that I am aware of. But they had a forest fire in Northern Quebec that was coming south.

Diane, please come be my neighbor! Mine does not do my yard work. Hope that headache resolved quickly. While in Arizona, I did yard work in my bathing suit with shorts so I could just jump in the pool and cool off. Loved it.

Aklnwlf, there is no way I could do three hours of pushing a lawn mower! My hat is off to you!

KAM, I hope your future pool visits are less stressful and more relaxing.

Lymetoo, keep up the good work!! What made you decide to increase your time?

Have a good Saturday every one! [hi]
Karen

kam
Member # 3410

I read what others wrote and enjoyed it but then we lost power here and now the brain is not working well enough to go back and comment.

So, will catch up later.

Mostly brain activity this am: put in two loads of laundry

Will be traveling to laundry room and putting them in to dry after typing this.

Went to farmer's market twice this am. Still sensory overload but really tried hard to take in what I could.

Purchased 1/2 doz gluten free enchila's so I am good for the weekend for food. Noticed some other things I hope to get next time.

Got some goat's milk lotion. I really like it.

Mostly it was just good to be out and the brain working well enough to get a few things. hot out now. Coolers are all ready running this am and have been.

Guessing that might have something to do with the outage. So glad I live on the 1st floor. Elevator is down again and they have to wait until the people come up the hill to fix it.

merrygirl
Member # 12041

Icon 1 posted      Profile for merrygirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My work out today
Brought all 4 of my pets to the rabies clinic in town. That was a workout. 2 dogs on leash lunging around and 2 cats in one big carrier. I was in line for an hour in the heat. But we made it. Cant beat it for the price. everyone is "legal" now

Posts: 3905 | From USA | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MDW005
Member # 22706

Kgg...LOL, I will come work in your yard for some of those yummy vedgies you are planting.

Kam... good to hear the brain is working for you.
I enjoy going to the farmers market. Never heared
of goat milk lotion.

merrigirl... I understand how animals can be exhausting, but in the heat? I'm sure a rest was needed after that.

me... Intertained all day with family and they are still here. I think I need to put in a revolving door. people are always in my home.

Diane

--------------------

just don
Member # 1129

Icon 1 posted      Profile for just don     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I dont think you good folk would WANT to know what I do sometimes

--------------------
just don

Posts: 4548 | From Middle of midwest | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kam
Member # 3410

Don...just thinking of you today..yep all that fix it stuff would wear me out just hearing about it.

Glad you are able to do that.

Merrygirl..brave woman

Diane..goat's milk lotion? A first for me too. Also cream cheese and mushroom tamales...a first for me...but very good and easy to eat..just need to go from the freezer to the microwave and then eat.

I have been wanting to get a faucet aerator since I moved here in 2005. The good news is I was able to go to Home Depot tonight...walk in..use electric car and pass by the faucet aerator 3 times before someone stopped by and showed me where it was.

Bad news is I am shaking now and the aerator has the wrong threads...so wondering how long it will be before I can attempt something like that again.

I also walked into the dog park and sat down for a short bit to let Rosie toilet before going to Home Depot.

Had the park to myself again. Nice.

and I walked into the post office to check PO Box. So no wonder I am shaking inside now. I'll be fine with rest.

aklnwlf
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 5960

Icon 6 posted      Profile for aklnwlf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wish the 3 hours on Thursday was all the grass I had to cut but alas, that's only about 1/4 of my yard.

The front needs cutting now. 5 more days of grass cutting ahead already.

Friday-Finally able to walk Rocky for 3 miles. He's limping pretty bad. He injured himself in February but I took him to the vet for the leaky behind thing and his paw but the vet said there wasn't anything wrong with his paw.

My nephew (he's 29) told me to videotape Rocky's limping and show the vet. I think that's exactly what I'm going to do tomorrow.

I'm worried about my poochie!

Today was alot of fun at the picnic. We went to Stone Mountain in Atlanta Georgia.

I ate to much and won some prizes playing bingo and was pretty lucky with the raffle too.

All in all, a fabulous day!

See you all later!

P.S. Will have to look for the goat's milk lotion.

--------------------
Do not take this as medical advice. This comment is based on opinion and personal experience only.

Alaska Lone Wolf

Posts: 6138 | From Columbus, GA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kam
Member # 3410

Your outing sounds like fun. Fun is good!

The goat's milk lotion is a new product the local goat farmer has so guessing it is not going to be massed produced. [Smile]

it is working out well. I had tried Shaklee which someone gave to me and had to put it on several times a day.

Tried aveno (sp?)..really struggled with all the different choices on that one. It worked a bit better but still had to use it several times a day.

So far, I put the goat's milk lotion on Saturday and that has been it. It has a lot of other natural oils in it too. Wondering what this guy did before he retired and became a goat farmer.

Est 5 min on the trail this am. Then back to house to walk in and get purse and aerator.

Back to Home Depot and the electric carts...took 30 min and 2 men to find out that the aerator I had also had inside threads so it would work.

Then to grocery store to pick up baking soda using their electric cart os again needing to walk from car to store.

hating the electric carts again this am...when the health is low they just don't work for me...wishing I had a way to transport my power chair.

I was not a happy camper and not doing well health wise.

Then realized I had been out an hour and a half this am. That explains why I was at my limit. Because I was!

Drove by Sawdust Festival this morning on way to trail. Looks like fun but I recall trying to go last time and it was just too much for me to handle....noise, movement, crowds, etc.

Good news is after 5 years I now have an rotating aerator on my kitchen faucet again. Not what I would like but it will do for now.

Hot out all ready this morning.

Also on my feet to find a restroom at a 7 11 type of place.

kam
Member # 3410

5:30ish Able to clean up a bit in the kitchen a bit at a time...something standing and something sitting and stretching to remove dishes from DW etc.
Lymetoo
Member # 743

kgg... I just "got brave" about increasing my time!! Has been working out OK!

I've been working all weekend cleaning my apt for company. Worn out. My beloved brother and his wife are coming any minute now!!

They will only be here until Tues a.m.

So... see ya then!! [hi]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

kam
Member # 3410

Tutu..have a great visit with your family. Good way to get the apartment cleaned up.

Able to water potted plants. Hoping to do some transplanting after I catch my breath.

let's see I have 6 potted plants I think..mostly small ones but when I am watering them it seems like a lot more.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement