LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » Exercise: What can you do today? 11/8-11/21

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Exercise: What can you do today? 11/8-11/21
kgg
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 5867

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kgg   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Today is one of those cold, rainy Fall days in New England. I would love to stay in my PJ's and be a couch potato all day. [Cool] But alas, the young woman who helps me clean showed at 8AM and I was working along side her for three hours. Starting to see the end of the tunnel on this cluttered house. Love it!

I am going to cut and paste a few comments on last week's thread, that was written for today so people can respond.

What can you do today?
Karen

[ 11-15-2010, 01:51 PM: Message edited by: kgg ]

Posts: 1687 | From Maine | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kgg
Member # 5867

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kgg   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
lpkayak
Member # 5230
posted 07 November, 2010 09:10 PM

well...i haven't had to take anything stronger than ibuprofen for 3 days so i am going to try to ride tomorrow.

the docs haven't gotten back to me about making an appt. you have to jump thru so many hoops just to get an appt...even tho i have a bone scan that says i might have fractures...and i have an order for PT but when i told them about the scan they said not to come in til a third doc saw the scan and orderd something

i have decided to try to get to orthos in philly...so i will be calling new docs for appts...maybe i won't say too much and it will be easer to get appt...

i'm still unpacking which is exercise but not good exercise for me...more like physical abuse. i wish i could just walk and kayak...its amazing...so different in jersey than nh...its warm enoguh to kayak in the middle of nov!!!

take care all...

--------------------
please excuse my typos . my hands are really, really bad now. toooooo much pain to proof. sorry.

kam
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 3410

posted 08 November, 2010 08:17 AM

kayak....thinking of you yesterday. Good to see your post.

Take care of you with the unpacking.

Amazing that you can kayak in jersey in November.

I was up and out at 5:30 am to toilet Rosie via the power chair. Stars in the sky. Temp around 40 degrees.

Just put on my coat over the PJs and my slippers. Just went to the end of the apartment complex to toilet her. Hand hurt on the way back due to cold...time to wear my winter mittens again. Posts: 9289 | From Southwest

lpkayak
Member # 5230
posted 08 November, 2010 08:43 AM

kam-i'm always telling others to "take care of you"

it started with tincup saying it to me

it sounds good hearing it from you...good to know someone cares...

itis blustery windy here today and after church and shopping yesterday this place is such a mess i think i'm gonna skip the riding. the stove and furnace man are coming and you can't even get to the stove or the furnace so as soon as my meds kick in i need to clear a path.

i'm still a littl nervous about ridin and windy days can make horses act up so its best for me not to go. if i got in the kayak i'd end up in england i think so i will hope for a walk before the end of the day

take care all!

--------------------
please excuse my typos . my hands are really, really bad now. toooooo much pain to proof. sorry.

Posts: 1687 | From Maine | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kam
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 3410

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not able to take in what others wrote right now but will come back and read the posts later.

thanks for starting the thread again Karen.

Able to do a 10 min loop in the am and the pm today. It is a struggle to do the loop lately so looking forward to when I can walk "normal" on the trail and enjoy it.

Also able to clean up in the kitchen a bit.

Posts: 15927 | From Became too sick to work or do household chores in 2001. | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kam
Member # 3410

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Started DW this am and cleaned pots and pans. Took Rosie to trailhead and did the 10 min loop.

Parked on the asphalt today. Been parking half way down the hill thinking it helped me to have more energy for on the trail.

But, pushing the door open on an incline was getting tricky.

So tried the asphalt again. That did me in. Lost count at 100 steps up the hill...so yes..parking down the hill on the incline is better.

Resting now and then hoping to make GF Oatmeal or Bacon and eggs.

I think I am pretty much done in until after 3 or 5 now.

Posts: 15927 | From Became too sick to work or do household chores in 2001. | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kgg
Member # 5867

I did my Tai Chi with the warm up. Since my arms are hurting more lately, I thought a warm up may help.

KAM, wish I could do the GF oatmeal. My system doesn't like it either. Now, bacon.... [lick]

Kayak, after snow last week, our weather here is much milder. You could ride this week. But come winter, I sure would rather be where you are!

Best,
Karen

MDW005
Member # 22706

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MDW005     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
kgg... I looked at your Tai Chi link, very interesting...looks like it helps rest the mind also.

someone say snow? I guess it is about that time of year. 75 degrees here today. Yesterday wearing winter coats...crazy weather.

me...well did a little this and a little that.
(iron and rake a few leaves)

--------------------
God's promises mean you always have something wonderful to look forward to.

Posts: 2150 | From Georgia | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Icon 6 posted      Profile for aklnwlf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Monday-Me and Rocky a little over a mile.

Tuesday-Me and Rocky a little over a mile.

Then drilled a hole in 2x4 stud to insert a 6" eye bolt to chain the riding mower to the pump house.

We have a lot of theives stealing things around here. And as you all know having a riding mower is like having a huge pot of gold for me.

Pulled some weeds out at the ditch in the front yard.

Then went to the car wash to vacuum out my car, especially the trunk from lugging wheat straw to my nephew.

Whew!!! Time to chill out now.

See you all later!

[hi]

--------------------
Do not take this as medical advice. This comment is based on opinion and personal experience only.

Alaska Lone Wolf

Posts: 6147 | From Columbus, GA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kam
Member # 3410

AKW...wore me out just reading what you did. Pretty cool.

My daughter and her 3 dogs and my dad showed up this evening. We went out on the trail that is 3 miles from home and level for the most part.

The 10 min loop thing.

Most likely will take me 2 days to recover from being around them. Daughter and dogs were OK.

Fun watching the dogs have a great time running in the forest.

It helped taking 2 excedrin before the outing.

I am learning a few things to help. I take my own car and they take their car(s)

the quiet time to and from helps

I was planning on trying to make meatloaf tonight. But, used the energy on the outing instead.

Hopefully, I will be able to make it tomorrow.

All the movement of having others there was too much on the brain. Thankfully, I did not loose my glasses or camera. But, didn't have clue there for a while where i put them.

The brain is still struggling with just being able to walk.

Had trouble getting to sleep last night even after taking the cocktail to sleep. I know it was after midnight. Not sure when. Thankful for Chuck Swindoll..he helped put me to sleep again.

Up at 5 am. So, guessing just a few hours of sleep. Ugh.

[ 11-10-2010, 07:26 AM: Message edited by: kam ]

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Did my usual 40 laps and the magic machine on Monday. Missed my favorite nurse, as she was in AZ to see grandkids. She's so fun to talk to!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lpkayak
Member # 5230

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lpkayak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
it took me 3 hrs to find a new gyn here-i'm a month late for my annual and they can't getme in til december...but i have plenty to do to fill inthetime. i will see the ortho guy next tuesday and then decide what to do about loose fake knee and possible fractures in back

this afternoon i spent 4 hrs going to-being at-and coming home from a church group. i think i will be friends with a few of the ppl buti don't know if the group will be too much. i needed to do a few errands on the way home and i did 1/2 of them and was exhausted.

i'm doing all this busy stuff and trying to unpack and settle into this new house but i am NOT doing te kind of exercise i should be doing. i could be walking and by the ocean at that...it would be good mentally and physically...i just am so disorganized in the house i don'tseem to be able to get it together. i'm gaining weight againand i'm really bummed about that.

also started clarithromycin - new llmd thinks i should tx---even tho i am on buhner herbs. i'm herxing some too. maybe thats where the "poor me" feelings are coming from.

i hope i can prioritize that walk..even if it is a short one.

--------------------
Lyme? Its complicated. Educate yourself.

Posts: 13712 | From new england | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
just don
Member # 1129

Icon 1 posted      Profile for just don     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Everybody is on this diet,,that fad diet,,,

but for me best diet is 5 rods in foot diet.

lost 22 pounds in 22 days and not hungry a bit.

cant graze what you cant get to.

Just eating 3 meals a day one helping instead of more like usual. (did I say I eat like a horse?)

cant say the price is worth it,,but it helps to see progress.

going to excercise and be a lean mean fighting machine when this is all said and done with

any of those fancy machines work seen on tv????

winter is always a growing time for me. how far does one need to walk to get there??? Icey and snow deep at timws here and a howling wind bundles me inside too often.

but will NEED a job soon to repay huge debts.

--------------------
just don

Posts: 4548 | From Middle of midwest | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kam
Member # 3410

5 Rods Diet...well, at least you are getting your iron..or is it stainless steel?

A well rounded diet

kam
Member # 3410

Kayak...unpacking and moving is big exercise.

But, looking forward to hearing about your walks on the beach when you get settled in.

Hoping it works out at the church group for you. That is one thing I had hoped to do when I first moved here....5 years later and I still haven't been able to do that.

If I had a way to transport power chair and the meeting ended before my brain and body stopped at 9 or 10 am I would have a bit of the obstacles overcome.

Lymetoo...trying to think of lyrics for your magic machine and 40 laps routine. [Smile]

lpkayak
Member # 5230

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lpkayak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
todays a big day forme. no appts. the meds had an hour to kick in so i am going to put on loud music and work all day to make this house right. then tomorrow a stove and dresser are deliverd-saturday i have a yrd sale...i'm gonna give evrything away so i don't have to pack it up again...and sunday i begin my new life with exercise FIRST!!!!

i had given myself 10 days after he nh trip and i think i'm going on a month now...but i am almost there

thanks for yourwords KAM

--------------------

Posts: 13712 | From new england | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kgg
Member # 5867

Yes, Diane. I do find Tai Chi quieting for my mind. I am finding I really enjoy it. And the way the DVD is laid out, I find it easy to learn by.

Justdon, good to hear from you! And I am so sorry to hear about your ankle. Wow. I hope that your recovery is a speedy one and a complete one. Hang in there.

lpkayak, you sound like you are getting a lot done! A yard sale is a huge undertaking. That alone would exhaust me. I am glad to hear you are trying a church group. I think that the socialization helps. This disease tends to isolate us so much that any opportunity to be with people is a good thing, IMHO. I would caution you about taking on too much activity before you get the second opinion on the knee and possible fracture. Don't want to do more damage. As KAM says, take care of you!

Lymetoo, glad you were able to get to exercise. I take it your heart is behaving these days? Wish I could have tagged along with your nurse for an AZ visit! Love that place!

KAM, glad you were able to survive the family visit. When you listed off the whole crew, I got tired just thinking about the activity of it all. Do they all come into the apartment? That would make me even more tired. Hope you bounce back quickly.

Yesterday, I did my Tai Chi. Including the warm up. My arms are less tight and sore today, so I guess it will be something I will do every time. The routine is so slow that I don't feel like a warm up is warranted. But my body says otherwise!

I also hope to get some last minute gardening getting the perennials ready for winter. We are having mild weather for the next few days. It will probably be the last of it, so I hope my energy holds out.

Have a good day, every one!
Karen

kam
Member # 3410

Karen...hoping you are able to do some gardening the next few days.

Hoping to watch that video some day and give it a try too.

Able to get netflix movie and card in mail slot via the power chair. Able to get laundry out of dryer via the power chair and able to get meatloaf out of the oven and into the frig.

Houskeeper/caregiver made the meatloaf and put the laudnry in the dryer.

The smell of meatloaf cooking in the oven this am was such a treat along with the sound of the kitchen being cleaned up.

Put coat and ugg slippers on over PJ's and drove Rosie out to dirt road to stretch her legs. Lots of people out in their winter clothes this am.

Hoping to be able to pour some carrot juice and have a hard boiled egg after I rest a bit. REally drained and weak

Karen, they came to the apartment but we left quickly to go out on the trail. Trying to get them to just meet me out on the trail.

Just hoping it is a long time before they show up again as it is going to take me a long time to recovery both physically and emotionally.

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Kayak... hang in there and do what you can. I think just getting thru a day is good!!! You have a plan and that is good too!!!

don... I saw the pics of your leg and I was dismayed. OMG a hundred times over. Hope you are doing better each day.

kam.. yea on the Uggs... glad you got some!

kgg... Yeah, the heart is pretty good. Will see my PCP tomorrow.

Did the 40 laps, weights and the machine. My buddy isn't back yet. I'll have to just pick on all the other friends there! [Cool]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kam
Member # 3410

tUTU

Still hiking in my slippers. Expecting the uggs the end of next week I hope. Sent them back as wanted the higher up ones.

I recall collecting hail in my slippers last year and how much that hurt. Figure the higher up ones would not collect hail and would keep me warmer.

I am so looking forward to them.

Did the 10 min loop this am. Kind of getting the parking thing down. Brain had the idea of turning the car around so when I open the door on the incline the door would be on the down hill side.

Even at that, Barely able to have the strength to open teh door and get in on the seat.

But, still better than walking up and down the incline if I park on the street. When I am stronger, I will go back to parking on the street.

I think the boots will help too as I will not be slipping.

Good to hear you were able to do your routine and enjoy the company and time there. Good medicine.

Icy out this am. Temp on patio said 28 degrees. My head really likes the cold.

kgg
Member # 5867

To our vets. I hope this was a day you felt honored and valued. Thank you for your service and sacrifice.

Aklnwlf, you certainly sound handy with all of those projects. Must have felt good to know your lawn mower was secured. I would have been exhausted. Hope you got some rest.

Today, I washed the pots and pans. I also weeded a couple of perennial spots. The garden work has me sleepy tonight.

Karen

kam
Member # 3410

News says 22 degrees for tonight. I was able to do the 10 min loop...now I am feeling loopy. Just kiddin.
kam
Member # 3410

Difficult moving this am. But, able to get gas in car...the limited on feet style.

Able to do a short stop at the dog park. Had it to ourselves. Nice.

Then drove through the car wash in town where you sit there and the hoses move around the car.

Wanted to do more this am but thankful I was able to do that.

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Icon 6 posted      Profile for aklnwlf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Guys!!! [hi]

Wednesday-Painted for 6 hours. Diningroom, kitchen and hallway.

Thursday-Me and Rocky over 1 mile.

Friday-Me and Rocky over 1 mile.

Am having low blood sugar issues and hopefully I'll try to take it easy. I'm gaining weight too and the holidays aren't even here yet!

Kam-Glad you survived your company and you sure made me laugh with that loopy comment.

TuTu-I bought 1 lb. ground turkey for that chili. I brown that with one chopped onion and 1 1/2 packs of McCormick Chili seasoning. Then I add 1 can each black, light and dark red kidney beans, a can of tomato sauce and a large can of diced tomatoes. Simmer usually about 30-40 minutes. I love my chili with Tobasco, saltines, cheese and raw onions. [lick]

Kayak-We can commiserate together. I'm gaining weight too and I thought I lost some. [shake] I'm thinking about that diet that Just Don mentioned.

Just Don-You poor thing. I hope you heal up quickly. That weight you lost apparently has headed my way. I'm sending it back Priority Mail!

KGG-Wish I didn't have to be so handy but things have got to get done and I don't want that mower stolen. I can't decide if the mower or Rocky means more to me right now. [Roll Eyes]

See you all later!

[hi]

--------------------
Do not take this as medical advice. This comment is based on opinion and personal experience only.

Alaska Lone Wolf

Posts: 6147 | From Columbus, GA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kam
Member # 3410

ALW...maybe Rocky can protect the mower. [Smile]

Sounding good. You are moving and grooving. :0

Able to take Rosie for a short visit to the dog park so she could do her business before goign into the grocery store.

Able to pick up a few things.

Resting now and then hoping to clean up in the kitchen and finish putting stuff away from the grocery trip.

I forgot to get a roll of quarters while I was out so doing laundry down the hall is still out.

60's during the day and 30's at night now.

Able to go to the quilt show yesterday evening via the reclining power chair with leg lifts and ear muffs to cancel out the traffic noise and sunglasses.....also needed something to cancel out the smells while I was out too but did OK for the most part.

Was not able to go to the quilt show last year as health wasn't up to it. So happy I was able to make it this year. It is always such a treat.

This year I was able to take pics which made it more fun and helped me remember what I saw.

kgg
Member # 5867

I spent the last two days shopping. My husband had a conference to attend in an area that has lots of stores and I went with him. I am exhausted! I could not handle the Christmas Tree Shop at all. Way too many people! Today will be a couch potato day.

Have a good Sunday!
Karen

kam
Member # 3410

Hope you recover quickly from your outing. Shopping is exhausting.

Able to finally hang up the bedroom curtains. The old maintenance man had put up the brackets but the rods were too short.

Finally able to get the longer rods, waited and then hung the curtains up today.

That was exhausting and took skills I usually don't have so thankful the job is done.

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Thanks for the recipe, AKWOLF. I can't use the seasoning packets.. gluten.

I use cumin and chili powder, but it's hard to get an amount of each that is just right.

I use the red kidney beans and diced tomatoes.

My alltime favorite "recipe" was always one pound of hamburger and one can of Wolf brand chili. (you'd like it, wolfie!!) Serve over Fritos!

That is a GREAT combo, but the canned chili contains gluten also. Darn.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

kam
Member # 3410

Hoping to do a search for GF Crock Pot Stew soon and get ingredients. I know I can't do potatotes.
kam
Member # 3410

Hurray. WE made it through another week. Glad you guys are here. Gets pretty lonely with this. Lots of neighbors who want to visit but health is just not up to it.

Too bad they don't have internet. [Smile] Maybe next year I will be doing well enough to have someone walk with me on my outings that can be OK with a 10 min loop. [Smile]

kam
Member # 3410

Doing better this am for a short period of time.

Walked into dog park for a short visit before going to grocery store.

Walked in and got electric cart and few things.

Sounds are putting me over the top today. Need to start carrying ear protection in car.

Able to get two loads of laundry in down the hall via the power chair. Exhausted now.

Will rest 20 min then go put them in the dryer. Hurray! Clean uderwear. [Smile]

maintenance man for the apartments hung the curtain rods and curtains.

Although he did all the work...I am almost in tears I am so exhausted and in pain just from having him in the apartment. Nice guy. not him..just too much for me. Most likely will set me back for a couple of days.

[ 11-15-2010, 01:46 PM: Message edited by: kam ]

kgg
Member # 5867

Sorry everyone! I am cheating this week and just changed the date. Too tired to write something.

Today, I did 30 mins of Tai Chi. I also washed dishes and ran some errands. Think it will be a nap day. =)

Best,
Karen

kam
Member # 3410

Changing the date is a good idea.

Needed to get out of the house. Drove out towards one of my favorite hiking places to see if it was open yet.

It has been closed over a year due to a fire.

1st crk crossing, Waterwheel, 2nd Crk Crossing and 3rd all have paved parking lots now.

But, they all were closed. Hope they open them soon.

It was an hour and a half outing. It is rare when I can be in the car that long. Rosie ran in front of me on a dirt road for a bit.

Hope it helps wear her out. She has been really restless in the evenings the past few nights.

kgg
Member # 5867

A change of scenery is always good. IMHO.

Did my 30 minutes of Tai Chi. It has taken me a while to get the hang of the second section. But it is coming.

Hope every one had a good day!
Karen

kam
Member # 3410

Drove out to an area and parked the car while Rosie did her business. I washed the front window, side windows both front and backseat and dash.

Hoping to vacuum car out and use shampooer at car wash for seats next. We shall see. That usually takes more than I have physically

[ 11-17-2010, 07:19 AM: Message edited by: kam ]

lpkayak
Member # 5230

i try to be so positive when i caome here...but i just can't tonight. i don't know if i should eat a whole chocolate cake, drink a bottle of scotch or just go to bed and cry

i just got back from the doc appt and he is pretty sure my sacrum is fractured...the first doc ignored what the radiologist said on the report. this doc has ordered and mri of my sacrum but i thought with fake knees i wasn't supposed to have mris...so i am kinda scared

also-this doc said he has never heard so much noise form a knee replacement gone bad or seen someone hurt so much. he has ordered a catscan of that knee.

also the hosp that did the bone scan is refusing to send the films...3rd time they said they would but then they just don't so i probably have to drive 10 hrs to nh to get them...

and i have to put kris to sleep this week. he has really taken a turn for the worse. i wish he wasn't eating but he is. and sometimes he seems ok. but mostly hes not. i have to carry him in and out and get up to give him water when he barks...and today i fell. i was carrying a plae of eggs. what a mess. i was really scared i couldn't get up but i did. i somehow got to the bathtub and pulle d myself up...but it feels like i really hurt my right hand...

i'm really bummed right now. i pmed docdave to talk to me about the fake knees.

i don't know what to do...i know i have to put one foot in front of the other and keep going...but this is hard

--------------------

kam
Member # 3410

Kayak...sending my imaginary limo an driver over to whisk you away from it all.

She will be bringing a team load of help to take care of all those things needed while you are gone.

You will be taken care of and all will be better.

kgg
Member # 5867

Oh, Kayak! I don't blame you for wanting to eat a chocolate cake. That would be what I would do. And then go to bed and cry. It does seem to come all at once. I am so sorry about Kris. That will be hard. And then to have so much pain on top of it. Gentle hugs and prayers coming your way.
lpkayak
Member # 5230

i ate two brownies and had 3 scotches...(for me that is a huge glass of club soda and ice and a teaspoon of scotch)

i slept good and didn't cry a lot...i need to cry a lot...it will come

alot of the bs got straightened out. after calling the hosp to give them h___ for not sending the films...they traced them and found out they got to the docs office a week ago...the office knew it after i left...but noone called to tell me...grrrrrr.

so my tests are cancled until doc sees the scan

i decided today was for kris. i walked him around the block...we went real slow and rested so i wouldn't have to carry him back and i took him to a dog beach down by the ocean and he had fun wandering and peeing on everything-but at the end he was having trouble standing. he'll sleep good tonihgt.

i also took 20 min for my self and walked on the boardwalk---there is a railing and i did need it for part of the time but that is the first EXERCISE i have had in at least a month

so i'm better off than i was yesterday...no more pity party. sorry.

--------------------

kam
Member # 3410

you sound better today kayak. Hugs.
lpkayak
Member # 5230

gee kam-we're kinda alone here

today was hard-i feel so close to a break down...soo much pain with unanswerdd questions and of course kris...

my son is close and aware and keeping an eye on me so noone should worry. this has been a tuff one to go thru

--------------------

kam
Member # 3410

Well, we are getting close to making it through the week. Perhaps others are struggling to and that is why there isn't much posting.

Hang in there Kayak. Maybe tomorrow will be better.

kam
Member # 3410

Finally...had a better night's sleep...only got up twice in the middle of the night and able to go right back to sleep.

Able to do the 10 min loop this am at sunrise and kind of able to make my bed.

lpkayak
Member # 5230

i had a good nights sleep too. i put a plastic table cloth and old quilt on the bed and slept with kris for the first time in a long time. since sept he has ben more comfortable on the floor near the door cuz he leaks so much and it upsets him so.

before bed we walked around outside for awhile and i put a diaper on him and we slept great.

somewhere in the middle of the night he managed to get his head just off the quilt and into my hand...

it was hard ot get him off the bed and to the door this morning cuz i am so bad in the morning but we did it

i had been praying all day yesterday for a sign about if i should follow thru with the plan...cuz sometimes during our walks he has energ and his tail is wagging etc

just as we pulledinto the dogpark a lady was there with a larger dog who was very old and walked much worse than kris-but that dog seemed to be able to control bathroom stuff---she was 13 1/2 and kris is 13. i wouldn't want him to be in as much pain as she seemed to be in. so to me that was a first sign...to let him go now before the pain is awful.

thn this morninig even tho he was reallhappy and excited when he saw me bring his food he couldnot get up at all...and last night he couldn't stand to eat or drink...so the plan is on

he should be with his brother dylan in heaven by 9 tonight....

--------------------

kam
Member # 3410

Sounds like you are feeling more peace now with the decision. I am sure it is going to hurt not having him around.

glad you were able to get a good night's rest. It makes such a big difference.

Able to walk into ma and pa place and get local eggs. They carried them out for me thankfully.

Able to walk into a thrift shop and get a chair to put in the bathroom. They carried that out for me too.

The plan is to sit on the chair when I get dressed in the am. Hope the "plan" works. And to do the dry brushing twice a day.

I am down for the count now until after 4ish...but that is lyme normal.

[ 11-19-2010, 02:04 PM: Message edited by: kam ]

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Super busy week. Walked 3 days with Rocky 1 mile each day.

Sunday, Monday and Tuesday worked with the hubs to get the upper kitchen cabinets down.

It was really hard!

Broke my sink faucet and am waiting for the plumber as I type this.

Kam-Rocky's a great watchdog. But when I'm not home I put him on the back screened in porch with access to a fenced in pen. He can't reach the mower but he sure would bark his head off! He's such a good boy! [Smile]

KGG-Shopping wears me out too. I love to go to this antique mall and spend hours just looking at all the wonderful things trying to figure out what some of them are. Fun, fun!!! [Big Grin]

TuTu-Wolf chili! LOL! I saw some cans of that on a scary werewolf movie and it was so funny. I guess they thought the audience might need some hints. Ok, well maybe I did. [Roll Eyes]

Kayak-Breaks my heart to read about your beloved pet Kris. Wish I could help. Rocky's gonna be nine in February and he's struggling with a front paw injury which really worries me. Am thinking of you and Kris. [group hug]

See you all later!

[hi]

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

kam
Member # 3410

Good to hear from you ALW. I like to browse antique shops too or use to...need my power chair now...since I don't have a way to transport the power chair I don't get to the antique shops now.

Able to be on my feet this evening for est 5 min. Even Rosie wasn't much on being on her feet. She just toileted and then jumped back in the car.

kam
Member # 3410

Going to take it easy today. Kind of forced to. But, a friend is coming from CA tomorrow evening so it is best if I rest today and tomorrow so I will hopefully be able to go for a drive with her and explore when she gets here.

I was able to put some dirty dishes in the sink while on my feet. I would like to wipe the counters down and wash the pots and pans...we shall see...and take out the trash..I'd like to mop the bathroom floor too and water the potted plants and put laundry away and do laundry.

Hmm....

kgg
Member # 5867

Kayak, Kris has been blessed to have a friend like you. This has been a difficult time. I was glad to be reminded that your son is close by for you. The internet is fine but having someone close is even better. Know that you are cared about during this hard time. [group hug]
kgg
Member # 5867

I did my Tai Chi on Thursday, but yesterday and today I am a couch potato. I seem to keep picking up bugs. I haven't done this in years. Not sure what is going on but I don't like it.
kam
Member # 3410

Karen: sending you some bug spray. [Smile]
lpkayak
Member # 5230

thank you all for your kind thoughts and words

kris is gone...hopefully running and jumping and playing with his brother in heaven

i'm having a ruff time. i didn't know ir would be this hard. i'm doubting myself-that i made the wrong decidion even tho my kids think i should have done it a year ago and the vet thought it was right and i know if i kept trying to care for him as he went downhill i would eventually fall and probably really hurt myself and then hav e trouble taking care of me.

but i'm not ok with it yet. i need to spend time at the beach crying i guess. i didn't expect this.

--------------------

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Oh kayak.. I'm so sorry I didn't stop by here and see that you were in pain. I just got lazy this week and didn't open the thread. (now THAT's lazy!)

We had to put our dog down too and it's so hard... and it's hard to know WHEN like you said. But you know kris is happy, happy and not in pain.

He has really sounded bad for quite awhile so I do feel you made the right decision. Your heart says no, but the facts say yes.

I send you love and strength. I'm so sorry you've had such a terrible terrible time lately. It's just awful.

Take good care of yourself and let go of the guilt as much as you can.

[group hug]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

kam
Member # 3410

Ouch. Can't imagine what it is like to loose Kris. I agree with TuTu.

[group hug]

kam
Member # 3410

Able to do the 10 min loop in the forest this am. Walked 5 min, rested and then walked out.

Wanted to be there longer but body too heavy and weak.

A couple of gusts of wind while i was there which was fun. Drizzlies. Started raining more after I got in the car. I love it when that happens.

Had the place to myself. First time in a long time.

Lymetoo
Member # 743

That's cool!!

I would say "send us some rain" .. but then I look at our forecast for next week and I see you are sending snow. Gee thanks! [Wink]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Icon 2 posted      Profile for aklnwlf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh Kayak, I'm so, so sorry.

[group hug] [group hug] [group hug]

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

kam
Member # 3410

Tutu..so that is where the snow went. We were supposed to get some here but then the forcast was changed to snow only over 7,000 ft.

We are 5,000 ft.

Able to do one load of laundry. Still need to fold and put last weeks laundry away and today's.

lpkayak
Member # 5230

wow-you guys really know all the right things to say.

thank you all so much.

about 9 this morning something happened in my head and changed everything. its almost as if he is telling me i did the right thing. he IS running and jumping like he hasn't been able to in so many years...but he left before he was in horrible pain.

so i am very diffeent...it just happened. I KNEW.

so it still seems one step forward and two back at this point with the body and holidays alone are not something to look forward to...but it is all doable.

tomorrow i need to call doc cuz right knee is much worse also and i need to schedule mri and catscan---that will keep me busy for awhile

thank you all for being there

love, kayak

--------------------

kam
Member # 3410

Kayak..good to hear that you are doing better.

I will be so glad when November and December are gone as it is a rough time for me too.

A friend is on her way from CA to visit me for a day or two. I would like to be able to do a few things around the house and get to the store to get food but that is not an option which is trying to my emotions.

She is fine with things how they are and will help out once she gets here. i just miss the old me that was able to do more.

[ 11-21-2010, 08:54 PM: Message edited by: kam ]

lpkayak
Member # 5230

thnaks kam..yeah i kinda miss the old me too...altho that me actually did TOO much.

its really good to have a friend like that...be greatful-they are hard to come by. i am lucky enough to ave a few. thye are far away now tho.

--------------------

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Kayak.. glad we were able to help!! and I'm so glad you feel better about kris. It's just not an easy thing.

I know you really miss him.

Keep us posted on the tests, etc.

Hang in there, kam. So glad your friend is coming to visit!

The snow hasn't arrived yet. It's supposed to be in the 70's tomorrow. Sheesh. Then REALLY cold on turkey day.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement